Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The Marijuana Sobriety Test

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by rowo87, Nov 4, 2009.

1. The day a machine is invented that can provide authorities with an immediate and effective way to test citizens, especially drivers, for the amount of THC in their system; Marijuana will be legalized!

2. So, although it might hurt us smokers, wouldn't it be over-all wise if we invented one of these? I mean, who would be better at it than us?

3. I've heard that a person's level of 'intoxication' via THC is never even equal to the legal limit of a .08% BAC.

Friend of mine smoked two blunts with myself (obviously) and another dude and promptly drove us back to our university... he was driving better than everyone else on the road and it was the middle of the day.

To further my point, near the same situation happened again a couple of days later only I didn't smoke so the both of them had more than before but he still drove better than everyone else on the road.

I've never seen someone drive bad high. I knew this chick that was a horrible driver, literally scared me driving with her, and like she was driving normal one day so I was like "what the fuck?" and she said she'd had a joint before she picked me up.

I'm sure most of you can think of many similar situations. I wouldn't recommend driving high, primarily because you never know what could happen, but I also wouldn't condemn it as a bad thing just because you're high.

I parallel parked correctly for my first time when I was high. Can't beat that. Every other time I fucked up pretty badly. On the bright side of things, it was a closed road so no one else was on it for me to hit. :p

4. Marijuana doesn't impair your ability to drive.

/thread.

5. It doesn't seem to.

But I'm sure the police would disagree until it's legal and there are many many many good studies on the issue.

6. I dunno, I can get retardedly blazed and it doesnt effect my driving or motor skills, I think driving drunk and high are very different being high is way safer.

Would you rather drive with a high driver or a drunk driver?

7. Weed isn't as intoxicating as alcohol. I think that thats a stuipd idea.

8. Im gunna be the debbie downer, but it does impair your ability to drive. Not NEARLY as much as alchohol, but it does impair depth perception, and attentiveness to the road. I'm not saying I think its extremely dangerous, but your naive and ignorant to say that being under the influence of marijuana while driving is A) Safe to yours and other drivers on the roads well being
    B) No different then while driving sober
    and C) A smart idea. I am all for taking an L ride, but you need to be very careful and pay extra attention while driving high.

9. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3zou4F00Ic]YouTube - Marijuana and Driving[/ame]

10. i think it would be great if cops could make you blow into something and it would tell your level of highness at that moment... and you should be charged with a dui for driving high and shit. i think it would help with legalization. personally, if im baked, i drive fine. but im worried about the new 16 year old completely inexperienced drivers out there toking blunts with 6 kids in there parents car...

they dont know how to drive period. and blazing while driving for them doesnt help the cause...

so if this ever happened id have no problem with it. i would just blaze before i got into my car. then a cop wouldnt ever give me the test cause hed never know.

i can give up burn rides for a step towards legalization lol..

11. Well no not necessarily.How many deaths are caused by high drivers per year?
    I'm sure it's not a lot.I can drive just fine even if I'm totally blazed.

It's just like any other medicine that you're not supposed to be on while driving,whether it be painkillers or whatever.Cops have no way to test if you're on Percodin when they pull you over.

Such a test would be helpful towards legalization,but not necessary.

12. I've never been in an accident high/drunk, always sober. When I smoke I find myself more alert at the wheel.

13. Smoking does help me with my driving I find.

However as a note to the OP, an oral swab test (though illegal) can show if you've smoked within the past 48 hours, and I'm pretty that's the closest to detecting intoxication without a blood test/brain test.

14. I can drive fine when I'm high, but I absolutely hate doing it. It makes me so much more paranoid about getting in an accident and just completely kills my high. I'm always afraid I'll zone out and just drive off the road.

15. Well if there should be a sobriety test for weed there should be similar tests for prescription drugs. I mean hell those can be as dangerous as alcohol to be on while driving or operating machinery says right on the damn pill bottle. But I do agree there needs to be something for it, not that they'll ever get a chance to use it on me. :D