The Lying Neo Liberal Joe Biden Thread

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Green Wizard, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Unless its an opinion that differs from yours. Then its definitely a lie.

• Like Like x 5
  2. "We have not spoken directly with the whistleblower."

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. No, I can be wrong.
    But I won't be wrong because of bad evidence.

When things get posted ambiguously, it's impossible to know what is intended.
    And I won't suffer through reading a biased idiot editorialist.

I will address direct claims cut and pasted from those editorials, if accompanied by evidence.
    Failure to do all of this implies that you don't even believe your own posts.

Here's one from me, "biden won the election fair and square."
    Plenty of evidence for this.

And another, "trump inspired the capitol riots."
    If you disagree with this, I have videos from McConnel and McCarthy saying the same things before they decided to lie instead.
    And before they decided to nix any bipartisan investigation into the insurrection.

Lying has now become the strongest plank in the republican platform.
    No obscure, alleged Schiff lie comes close to this in importance.

4. I decided to look into one of the sources you gave, and that I trust.
    PolitiFact - Adam Schiff’s false claim that ‘we have not spoken directly with the whistleblower’

"Previously, Schiff had given the impression that his committee never spoke to the whistleblower.

Before Schiff’s MSNBC interview — in which he flatly stated, "We have not spoken directly with the whistleblower" — Schiff also evaded a question from CNN’s Anderson Cooper about whether he’d been contacted by the whistleblower or the whistleblower’s legal representation.

"I don’t want to get into any particulars," Schiff said during the Sept. 16 interview. "I want to make sure that there’s nothing that I do that jeopardizes the whistleblower in any way."

Schiff has since clarified his remarks. He told the Daily Beast that until recently, he did not know for certain whether the complaint detailing the Trump-Zelensky call was submitted by the same whistleblower who contacted his staff.

He also said he thought the questions asking if the committee had heard from the whistleblower were focused on whether the whistleblower had testified privately in Congress.

"I was really thinking along the lines of wanting to get him to come in to testify," Schiff told the Daily Beast. "I regret that I wasn't much more clear."

In a statement to PolitiFact, a spokesperson for the House Intelligence Committee said Schiff’s comments on MSNBC were "intended to answer the question of whether the committee had heard testimony from the whistleblower, which they had not."

"Nonetheless, he acknowledges that his statement should have been more carefully phrased to make that distinction clear," the spokesperson said.

Mark Zaid, the whistleblower’s counsel, declined to comment on the whistleblower’s outreach to committee staff but stressed that the whistleblower wrote the complaint "entirely on their own." We addressed the false claim that Schiff helped write the complaint in a separate fact-check.

Our ruling
    Schiff said, "We have not spoken directly with the whistleblower."

The New York Times and other news organizations later reported that the whistleblower sought guidance from a House Intelligence Committee staffer before formally lodging the complaint.

We rate this statement False.

There are degrees of falsehood.
    Telling someone their ugly haircut looks good is at one extreme, and I'll give it a "1."
    Telling the BigLie is so damaging to democracy that it gets the max score of 10.

Schiff's "False statement" gets a 3 on my scale, but that's still too much.
    But I see little harm from schiff's false statement.

5. Is this the Dunning Kruger Lie Scale?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Nope, my own scale.
    If you disagree with my rating of "3" then give your own rating, along with the reasons.
    My "3" was because I saw no harm result from the false statement.
    If you can show me some real harm, I'll increase the rating.

When I looked at the Politifact article, it was obvious that much (but not all) of this is due to semantics and misunderstanding.

7. My point exactly. Lol

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. #1808 old shol4evr, Jun 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
    delete

• Like Like x 1
  9. Apparently, saying "My point exactly. Lol" is the same as saying "I have no rebuttal."
    I explained that the reason for my "3" rating was because the false statement did no harm.

The lack of rebuttal excludes:
    Why my "3" rating is wrong.
    What the correct rating is.
    What harm schiff's false statement caused.

This schiff thing is an attempt at Both-Sides-Ism.
    The attempted schiff BothSidesIsm is so weak that no comments can be made to justify it.
    That's why "My point exactly. Lol" is the only reply.

10. Reality

lying
    noun
    the telling of lies, or false statements; untruthfulness: From boyhood, he has never been good at lying.
    adjective
    telling or containing lies; deliberately untruthful; deceitful; false: a lying report.

untruthful

adjective
    not truthful; wanting in veracity; diverging from or contrary to the truth; not corresponding with fact or reality.

deceitful

adjective
    given to deceiving: A deceitful person cannot keep friends for long.
    intended to deceive; misleading; fraudulent: a deceitful action.

false
    adjective, fals·er, fals·est.
    not true or correct; erroneous: a false statement.
    uttering or declaring what is untrue: a false witness.

Whats next, he misspoke?
    not faithful or loyal; treacherous: a false friend.
    tending to deceive or mislead; deceptive: a false impression.
    not genuine; counterfeit.
    adverb
    dishonestly; faithlessly; treacherously:

11. If you won't take the medical examiner's word for why Sicknick died and instead substitute your own opinion as fact then you're not playing fair. When you're proved wrong you should accept it and move on but I think you knew it was a lie all along which means you'll say anything or slander anyone rather than admit Biden lied. I've seen you talking about how the Biden lies aren't lies, I wouldn't be surprised if you have one of those Official List of Biden Lies and How to Respond books they pass around at the Democrat Insiders meetings when you discuss ways to protect Joe. That may be where you got that bit about Biden stuttering instead of loosing his marbles.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. I gave no opinion about why sicknick died, only the opinion of the medical examiner.

So I'll list it again,
    "In his ruling, Dr Diaz found Officer Sicknick died of a medical condition which was not brought on by an injury.
    Due to privacy laws, Dr Diaz is unable to say whether the officer had any pre-existing medical conditions.

However, he did acknowledge the policeman's role in the events, telling the Washington Post: "All that transpired played a role in his condition."

My only opinion is that sicknick would not have died in the same manner without the insurrection.
    Apparently you believe that sicknick would've gone to the hospital on Jan 6, and died that way without the insurrection.

I never talk about biden lies not being lies.
    I only debunk lies about biden told by you and others.

One of the lies you tell is "I wouldn't be surprised if you have one of those Official List of Biden Lies and How to Respond books they pass around at the Democrat Insiders meetings when you discuss ways to protect Joe. That may be where you got that bit about Biden stuttering instead of loosing his marbles."

Wow! That's cult level crazy.
    Is there also a book about how to get away with the pedophilia that Qanon accuses dem leaders of?

It is well known that biden was a stutterer.
    He has always slurred his speech because of that, but is mentally sharp.
    Claiming that he's mentally defective instead is an immoral lie.
    Biden’s Stutter: How a Childhood Battle Shaped His Approach to Life & Politics

13. #1813 bkarnaze, Jun 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  14. #1814 DaPhats, Jun 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    There are degrees of contributing factors.
    Telling someone their hair dye makes their ugly haircut look good is at one extreme, and I'll give it a "1."
    Telling someone the BigLie so they overthrow Congress gets the max score of 10.

This doctor's contributing factor opinion gets a 3 on my scale, but that's still too much.
    Because I see little harm from disagreeing with the doctors statement.

:poke:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Biden purports to be Roman Catholic but supports and enables abortion. There is a move by Catholic bishops, to address this hypocrisy. I am not anti-choice, and not a fan of religion, but it would be a good thing if the RCC rebukes him, and denies him the sacraments. They should formally excommunicate him. but that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

"Archbishop Joseph Naumann of Kansas City, who leads the bishops' Committee on Pro-Life Activities, has been among the most vocal critics of Biden's support abortion rights. He said he's disturbed by Catholic officials who "flaunt their Catholicity" while publicly taking positions on abortion that conflict with those of the church.
    "This is a Catholic president that's doing the most aggressive thing we've ever seen in terms of this attack on life when it's most innocent," Naumann said."

After Debate On Biden's Abortion Views, Bishops Vote to Rethink Communion Rules

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lying biden strikes again ! lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Biden isn't the only catholic to support abortion.
    According to Majority of U.S. Catholics say abortion should be legal in most cases, survey shows
    Majority of U.S. Catholics say abortion should be legal in most cases, survey shows

Calling biden a "liar" because he's a catholic who supports abortion, like a majority of other catholics, shows how extreme the level of hatred has gotten in this thread.

I've seen nothing but lies about biden, or insignificant mistakes he's made, posted here.

Making up lies about somebody you hate, and then criticizing them for the fake lies, might make the liar feel good.
    But it also sheds light on the liar's character.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. #1818 old shol4evr, Jun 18, 2021
    delete

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. #1819 old shol4evr, Jun 18, 2021
    delete

20. No…