The Legacy

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by NaughtyDread, Mar 25, 2004.

1. well, im still trying to root my clones since its taking so long for them to root, im bout to give up on them. i think the specimens i took were to large and not healthy enough to form root by jus water cloning. so, a week ago i broke out 11 white widow seeds. out of that 11 only one germinated. terrible i know. but thats besides the point. ive got one growing along with 3 of my indica stock seeds from the first grow. i also have my mother hangin out also. im toyin with the idea of crossing her with whatever turns out to be male out of the other 4 seedlings. so, i have a ways to go. hopefully i can sort this thing out to a scrog. maybe kinda hard since i wont know sex for sometime. im even willing to kick them into flower and back to veg for the scrog run. but anyways, i just couldnt stay away from my favorite forum on here. so here we go again :) first picture the one and only survivor out of 11 white widows.

Attached Files:

2. here's a nice strong indica, much different then the ww. has a stocky stem from the start :) oh yeah, im pretty damn sure they are loving this organic mix

Attached Files:

3. and now for my mother, you guys remember her huh? look how much she has changed again. i know some of the lower growth looks terrible, but all that will die off. about 3-4 days ago, i put her in the new soil. i slid her out of the 1 gallon pot, layered some of the new organic soil in the bottom of the pot. i then cut the the ball in half and repotted. i showed no stress signs and half actually started growing really healthy new shoots all over.

Attached Files:

4. im working with single blades here. ive put this plant out in the living room and have had company not even recognize the plant for what it is. it looks nothing like mj. but to the trained eye, the characteristics are their

Attached Files:

5. and jus a closeup of that mother, you can see her preflowers and the single blades. im wondering, how bad can it be for this plant having returned back to veg 3 seperate times? :)

Attached Files:

6. looking good dread...

are u flowering the mother?...

7. nah she is still in veg. im thinking though i may flower her when i find out if i have a male or not. i really jus want the seeds. and from something that was bagseed, it is a quite an amazing plant. ive pretty much given up on the clones i took from her. they jus didnt take this round for some strange reason. again im thinkin the cuttings didnt have enough nutrients to hold them till they started rooting.

8. a lil newz today, i have lift off on two more sprouts. one was completly knocked out of its container yesterday but i guess its will to live was so great, it appears to have pulled through the repot and is actually a nice lookin sprout. ill prolly have pictures later on this evening. my ww is cruisin right along at 5 days from seed.

i think i will be making some changes with my lights also. im toying with the idea of going with a mh, but i think the twistie floros will be cheaper to go with especially at 18hrs a day. anyways ill be upping the lumen and lowering wattage output. sounds good to me, im going to give a whorl. has anyone seen the new maxim? oh boy :D

9. well, here are my pictures, like you can really tell growth from 2 days! lol, anyways, everybody should know by know im going to load it up with pictures :) heres my 5 day old ww, forming the 2 set of leaves pretty rapidly. nice so far, at this point i kinda hope its a male, but it doesnt matter a girl will due also. its like the first male gets to propagate, its a race!

Attached Files:

10. here is one of the new arrivals. he's 5 days behind, but all that really matters is when can i flower :) anyways, youd think at how retarded it looks, this would have been the one that got dropped, wrong! ill be keepin a close eye on him.

Attached Files:

11. okay and here is the last prospect or should i say possible suitor? lol this tickles me. i guess from this point on its going to be pretty boring over the next week or 2. well atleast until i get to week 2-3 when they start taking off.

lets not forget that i was shooting for a more than 90% organic grow. my soil makeup. bone and blood meal, dried aged manure, kelp meal and garden lime added to a bale of promix. i allowed the mix to breakdown for a full month before using it. so far, i can honestly say im impressed especially by all the new growth on my mother. she had def leeched all nutrients out of the pot it was previously in.

Attached Files:

12. okay got rid of the 4 ft fixtures. they jus were not short enough to work with, my closet is tiny as shit, anyways. i went out and got a 3 pack of 26 watt cfl. couldnt find anything with a higher wattage than that. ill prolly end up adding 2 more. the light output jus seems so different from the 4ft floros. kinda makes me think there not working, but they should be at 1700 lumens per bulb, well thats what the package says :)

ive noticed also, and im jus checking on my seedlings, they have reorientated themselves towards the light, so its gotta be doing something. these will be used to veg over the next 6 weeks before going into flowering under the hps.

13. nothin too important to talk about, another couple of days of growth is all i have to report. ended up getting a 42w cfl. i suppose now i need to do a search on making reflectors for them lol. another set of leaves have formed and the first set of true leaves on the other 3 seedlings are finally getting bigger.

Attached Files:

14. oops sorry bout that, a lil to big :) anyways, here is the one ive been keeping my eye on, its kinda mutated a bit i think, but we will see how it goes over the next couple of weeks

Attached Files:

15. here's my ww. stem is still extremely thin, other than that, seems to be growing at a very nice rate. kinda slow, but fast enough i suppose

Attached Files:

16. ill hold off on the last seedling, the picture was a lil blurry, so ill jus throw a picture of my mother, prolly wont have many pictures of her for a while, but ill try to show her everynow and then. but as you can see, from the repot growth has greened up a lot and spread out from the new lst

Attached Files:

17. things to me always seem so slow during this time period. hopefully with the light upgrades though, ill see some nice improvement of growth. thank god i only gotta use these things for 6 weeks lol with lst and good positioning, i should beable to keep the plants nice and compact for the upgrade in pot size and flower run.

18. buddy i gota ask do u own your own home or do u rent...

oh yeah and u have an entire room dedicated to growning dont u??

19. alas im a renter, but my landlord is pushing 60, and the deeper you go in my hood, the older the people get. so thats a good thing, he swung by once, just to formally introduce himself, thats kinda the last i seen of him, rents mailed to him, so, its jus the way i like it, dont bother me and i wont bother you.

living with a woman, things change dramatically. i laid claim to a grow space long before we moved. thats about all i have :) everything else is hers. but she has never told me i need to quit smoking or told me she doesnt like the fact that i grow. so its all good.

20. minus the "hood" aspect of your dealens sounds like heaven to me :D