The landlord is coming.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by herodotus, Oct 14, 2008.

1. I have a small closet grow and i have two plants in 6 days of flower. They smell a bit when i turn the light on and when the light comes off. They are on a timer. The landlord is coming with her dude tomorrow to pressure wash the house. They smell only in the closet and little in the bedroom. 3 smokers live here so none of us can tell if it smells or not outside the house. I have an Ionizer going in the room and it can clean up pot smell fast when smoking and keeps plant smell down to nothing if you ask me. Could i keep the lights off for 24 hours while they are here in order to avoid the smell any at all?

2. It is really hard to beleve they are that stinky. I would personally not even worry about it. If you get nervous spray some smell good spray :)

3. They arent that bad but im a college student and cannot afford in way shape or form to be raided. Or have UNITE called on me. I cant get busted. I feel like my landlord is narcish. She evicted our pillhead crack head neighbor. I hope she feels differently about the herb.

4. never a better time to invest in a carbon scrubber.......... look on this sight for homemade scrubbers.... i just saw one using a fruit juice can, some carbon from walmart on some other inexpensive supplies... looks like it'll take 10 minutes to make once you have the supplies....of course you need a fan and ducting but you probably have if you're growing in a closet.....good luck... here's the link http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-roo...cheap-easy-efficient-diy-carbon-scrubber.html

5. oh yeah, you could also just by some scented candles and start burning them a while b4 the landlord shows up that way they have time to cover the smell........ but really, you should definitely invest in a carbon scrubber....... once again, good luck!

6. I am a landlord - if my tenants want to grow - fine by me - just give me a bit of your harvest !!!

7. Put some sauerkraut in a crock pot a few hours before they arrive, That will stink the place up!!:D

8. you can leave the lights off for 24 hrs with no problems.

The plants probably aren't that stinky but the answer to your light question is 'yes'.

9. i'm a landlord too, but you got to watch out for that shit. The only thing that needs to happen is you bring someone over to repair some shit and you both stumble upon it....... I know because it happened to me. I went over with one of my buds who does construction work to fix some shit and we came across two very small plants outside underneath a stairwell. The houses are mad close together and theres this guy that his door is literally like right next to the stairs. I ripped that shit out.... I mean if they're careless enough to leave it open for others to see then it's a problem. As it is, its' the owners that get hit with it, not the tenants.

10. i dont think you should even worry but just in case cook up an ass load of microwave pop corn. that over rides any smell.