The Karate Kid - 1984...I don't get this...

Discussion in 'Movies' started by CheebaWeeba, Jun 13, 2020.

1. When I was a kid, I didn't notice as much about movies...so I first noticed this maybe on the 5th re-watch which would have been in my late teens...I think I've only seen it once or twice since.

Was this film cut up or edited weird?
    Because one thing...that I just don't understand...

Not sure what point in the movie it was, I'm guessing maybe around the half way mark.

Daniel approaches ?Ali? (the chick) at the kind of FUNFAIR thing, she's with her friends...he gets in front of their light-gun game with his hands up...She's absolutely pissed off at him, and her friend says she hopes he'll die - For no apparent, or discussed in depth reason at all.
    Like he goes on to act like a bit of a douche, they have words, but...it's like prior to this scene, nothing negative had happened between them, at all.

This is what I'm talking about.

Now, if it's that he was in front of their game, that's some bitch shit.

The only other speculation I've had, is that maybe it's because at the dance thing, she found out that he'd instigated trouble by pouring water on Johnny or whatever that shit was in the bathrooms...I mean he ended up with his ass kicked for it, you'd think that would be enough.

But yeah, can't help but suspect that maybe some editing fuck up or a missing scene has happened here.
    The scene just does not fit.