The Jeffro Letter

Discussion in 'General' started by lord chronic, Feb 15, 2010.

1. A few years ago when I went to high school, a buddy of mine brought me this letter. It had come out of a book he had borrowed from a relative. I spent many stoned hours trying to make total sense out of it, but have never solved the mystery of the jeffro letter. I don't even talk to this friend anymore, but came across the letter while cleaning earlier. It was printed using what I'd guess was a mid 80's word processor or something. After the body of the letter there was an inverted cross made out of the letter 'i' (early ASCII art lol?)
    I just wanted to see what you guys thought about it, and I was hoping maybe someone would share insights I have yet to have. Spark up a bowl of your favorite herb: I present to you the Jeffro letter.....

2. That's pretty strange, but I get what he is on about ... the speaker, that is.

It seems to be fairly recent, or at least recent enough...

He said in this age that the media is the opiate of the people... strange, this letter might have been typed in or after 2000.

It's pretty interesting to read; I rather enjoyed it. Whoever wrote it uses quite a bit of language, and quite possibly some pretty cool drugs.

:smoke:

I could expand, but I need to sleeeeep.

3. #3 cupcake63, Feb 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2010
    I read that and immediately concluded that it was a very colorful and vivid way to describe the end of the world, more less ( as it approaches ). reading it and thinking this to myself I figured I could easily be misinterpreting, but alas the word "apocalypse" was mentioned.

does this make sense, or am i way out in left field?

4. I like where you're taking this. The writer refers to himself as a bourgeoise executive, and the dark one. It seems he was successful, but felt his successes made him "the dark one", and drew paralleles between esoteric christian gospels (the apocrypha) and himself. To me he is lamenting his success as a businessman and the negative effect they had on the world. Dunno though, the more I smoke the less sense it makes

5. #5 TheHighRoad, Feb 15, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
    Well, I was bored and wanted to crack this puzzle, so I used a dictionary, Wikipedia, and Google to paraphrase the shit out of this. Tried to understand it... He misuses certain words, but it's quite interesting. Definitely has an apocalyptic "devil has risen" tone to it.

Here goes nothing:

"Dear Jeffro,

It is nice to know the skilled apprentice still remembers the master who molded one’s fluid thought processes (if, indeed, influencing your thought processes in such a way is even possible) into the meaning and direction of the existential dilemma (that life lacks inherent meaning). In an age where media has replaced religion as the opiate of the masses, where Big Brother (totalitarian propaganda) secretly lies under the disguise of the government, where even the primitive person in a last, desperate witness box is raped in the land of the starless and bible black (quoting the bible in such a way to legitimize cruelty), alas, the smell of napalm (bombs) in the morning still smells like victory. Meanwhile, carnival physicists (describing them as showy “magician” scientists just trying to impress and entertain through discoveries that might not necessarily be valid?) pull quarks from a hat (quarks haven’t been directly observed, only theoretically) from a hat. The biological entity we call Earth, threatened by humans (and their selfish ways) defends itself by taking away the ozone layer and passes on a new dominant phylum (saying that humans are going extinct, like dinosaurs?). Could this be, the skeptics wonder? In this last hour of the spring equinox (time of life, lushness) has Senor Grote (possibly referring to George Grote, an English classical historian) achieved the act 'El gusto de los vas deferens al la oriental' (he likes those that go to the east?).

As I gaze upon my vast folletian (only thing I can find is a word referring to Kevin Follet, author of thrillers and historical novels) empires from the heavenly heights, the current state, something done only as a formality, something done in practice but not found in law, in excess, the executive elite of the middle ruling class, I vaguely recall my minor, not as divine reputation in Miami, upon the junction of three creeks exaggeratedly called rivers, begged by the myths of undead fruit planters they festival (I don’t know why it uses festival as a verb, maybe it means commemorate?). And I came west (from Miami, so further west…American west coast?) as foretold in the Apocalyptic Apocrypha (biblical books about the end of the world, but not divinely inspired), and so their (their referring to the writers of the books?) lies became reality as the dark one (the author) arose in their very midst; fawn-like (innocent) eyes grew wide in discarded terror as the antichrist (devil) destroyed their heretic temples, FDIC (Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation), they serve me now, the dark one, and all is as it should be."

6. sounds like someone being dramatic to me

7. we'll see how i feel after i'm not stoned but i think this has honestly brought alot into perspective for me