the IRS drives me nuts.

Discussion in 'General' started by rainbowsunshine, Nov 19, 2007.

1. I just spent the last hour on a hold just to give them my new address to send my refund too. To make it worse, the music they had playing was horrible mozart that was so loud.

2. Yeah, thats why I started claiming "Exempt" so that no federal income tax is removed.. The IRS has no legal right to even exist. you never have to pay them a dime.

I know in your case it's your refund.. but id recommend changing your tax status so that you dont even have to file.

3. I don't know how to do that. My parent's filed my taxes this year for me, I've never had a job before this year, so I never had to do them. I don't even understand taxes really.

4. well first you need to change you tax status with your employer.. i think its a w-4? maybe.. or your I-9.. either way, just ask to change your tax information.. then write on the line "exempt." ... from the sounds of it you should have been exempt anyways.

5. I'll have to look into that.

6. Wait, whats so bad about Mozart?

7. nothing bad about mozart, just the crappy IRS version of it.

8. regardless of how good or bad mozart may or may not be....I dont think anyone would want to listen to it for an hour and a half. I think that much can be agreed on.

9. Yep. W4. Spot on.

Good idea, really. I'm legally exempt at the moment.

10. Actually im sure some classical music fans would enjoy listening to mozart for an hour and a half, but not over the phone while waiting for the irs.

11. I think I legally qualify as well, although I plan on claiming exempt the rest of my life.. fuck the IRS.

Needless to say I have never paid the federal govt a cent, except the inevitable social security tax.

12. How long have you been doing that for? And how do you know if you're legally exempt or not?

13. been doing it for 3 years now.

and on the form it outlines the qualifications for who meets exemption.. if you want go to the IRS website and read.