The irony of grasscity

Discussion in 'General' started by pinkfloyd94, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Does anyone else find it ironic that grasscity is a forum about weed, yet people are always trying to start shit, insult, and are completely negative towards some things? I just find it ironic cuz weed is supposed to make people relax and non-hostile, yet theres so much hate and negativity... I hope im not the only one seeing this

2. Assholes are still going to be assholes--weed doesn't fix everything. ;)

3. I don't find that ironic at all. Weed is just a drug, it temporarily alters your perceptions and your mood. Angry pissed off people will still be angry pissed off people no matter what a plant has to say about it.

4. ahhh braaaaaaa screw u thats garrbage.

shits like mids, my danks are more dank than yo dank braaaaa

5. I see lots of varied opinions on GC. Only ever see a genuinely hateful, or rude post once in a while. Usually they are dealt with too.

6. This haha. The majority of people, especially on the internet, are just assholes. Stoners are just people too.. if weed chilled everyone out the low-income parts of large cities wouldn't have the most crime, as they are generally the areas with the most weed in my experience.

7. Does not matter what niche the site is in, ALL websites with any sort of traffic has trolls.

Most are young kids with a lot of time on their hands.

Just the way the interwebz works I guess.

8. this is my favorite.

"enjoy those high end mids" lol.

9. People are people, forums are forums, weed doesn't change a thing :p
    Though I think GC is better in that aspect than many forums.

10. Assholes will be assholes, trolls will be trolls... Welcome to the internet haha

11. I find mj make some people very petty and insecure... all of a sudden they will.be very judgemental when they lite up... its like their anxiety raises so then they try to put other people down to defend their ego. Idk
    People are crazy and illogical. I just laugh it off and carry on

12. Weed doesn't turn someone into a peace loving hippie, dude.

13. that's probably because most people that act like idiots on this forum, probably had some alcohol with their MJ.

also you must realize there are a lot of young people on here, that have not matured past cheap insults and unsubstantiated accusations. i suppose no one is teaching them how acting like that is in fact doing things the hard way and not the easy way.

you see so many people resort to anger, distrust, etc. and they do this because they learned it from some other poor clueless person. if you want to do things the easy way, then be a human being who cares about yourself and others as your main goal in life and good things will shine on you.

14. if you really want to meet some a holes go to a tennis forum lol.

15. if you really want to see some irony go to panera bread

16. Politics.

Religion.

Gun Control.

Governments.

I don't care what drug (or lack of) you toss in the mix, bring these kinds of subjects between even two people, you're going to have mixed opinions.

Go figure you've got some mixed opinions between half a million of us. :wave:

17. #17 bwood, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2013
    Well we arent allowed to call assholes assholes anymore or give out neg rep the two natural predators of the common dolt. This caused the population to grow leaving just a few dolt-hunters(mods) to patrol the lands, but they can only do so much.

Also there are wayyyyyy too many easily offended people on here. Everyones got some word that will offend them and get their assholes to clinch up.

18. Human beings.... sadly it's in our nature to be hostile. Unfortunate. Weed does help people change and become more positive. It's literally changed my life for the better. Not just when altered, but it has carried into just everyday sober life.