The Internet

Discussion in 'General' started by Super Gum, Jun 30, 2011.

1. is terrifying!!
    Has anyone stepped back and looked at this horrible and beautiful mess? I mean. Go to a website and they have ads for !!!COUPONS FOR *insert your city*!!! or !!!SEXY SINGLES FROM *insert your city*!!! I mean...it's terrifying. That this mindless creature can know this about me.
    I understand the schematics behind it. Search topics, etc. But it's mind numbingly disheartening how anonymous is no longer so. Sure, it can be convenient. But at what point will we be willing to sacrifice our security and privacy for convenience?
    People can see what we look at on Youtube.
    People can google our names and find out anything about us.
    Friendship is no longer friendship. Someone who never steps foot out their home can have 500+ friends. No longer do I get excited hearing about/from a "friend". Instead, I just curse his/her name under my breath as I read more mindless news about his/her kid, job, or ranting about his/her boss on his/her facebook.
    Instead of asking "how are you", it is more applicable to say "so, I saw on your facebook..."
    Okay.
    I understand it's nice to have such a wealth of information and connection at your fingertips.
    But when will it die?
    I crave personal. Physical. Emotional interactions.
    Meeting friends at coffee shops. Not just a few hurried words as we cross paths while checking our pages.
    I dunno.
    It's depressing.

2. Fakebook can suck a dick.