The Internet Is Alive

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by bkadoctaj, Feb 11, 2008.

1. What if we're the virtual forms for screennames? :) And our "real-life" activities are symbolic representations of the operations of a computer? :) Matrix!

2. Why not.
    It's all the same physics.
    Maybe.

3. It all makes perfect sense... holy shit. Our lives are just extremely complicated computer programs, and everything we've ever experienced in the "real world' is just the programming for it. For example, we wouldn't be able to type any of this if we hadn't learned English and keyboarding. But in actuality, those were just lines of code that we carried out. None of us are alive.... we're all just part of an organism called the Internet.

4. Yeah, funny thing about languages. They just need speakers. That's why everyone's goal should be to contribute at least something to a new language. :) All of our thoughts are expressed and limited by our linguistic limitations. A language with all people in mind from its origin might be a good start. :) Perhaps imperialistic countries just want to make sure their words (based on their perceptions) leave a footprint for future generations all over the world.

5. damn i never thought of it like that before...now that i think of it what if i am just a scrn name of someone else controllin me n shit dam im so blazed

6. Well, how many screennames do you know that declare that they are real? Is our validity that which makes us exist? In other words, must we make a crucial affirmation at some point? Say yes.

7. The Program, needs a Programmer.

8. Not if you program timelessness in. :)
    Or should I say, not if you don't program time in.

9. Here's something for you.

We're all just cells. Everything is. We have small cells that make us up. The earth is just one large cell. Recent research shows cells basically think with the outer layers and not in the nucleus. All the thinking on the earth is focus on the outer layer just under the atmosphere (like a cell under cytoplasm or cell wall). Anyway, just think about how orderly society is. Next time you're high and driving down the street, look at the street lights, the road, how it goes on forever, and think about the cell theory. It'll blow you away.

I know it's true.

10. Yep, we were talking about this here:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/spiritua...5-what-do-stars-people-cells-have-common.html

11. Maybe the machines don't know what chicken tastes like, so that's why chicken tastes like everything.

OP, I suggest the book "Like a Splinter in Your Mind" by Matt Lawrence, it's an awesome read definitely worth checking out.

12. This really makes me wonder if you've seen the movie Tron. It's a classic.

13. Not yet, but I read the plot summary on Wikipedia. Sounds pretty interesting haha. :)

14. This one brings a smile to my face. :)

15. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gmP4nk0EOE"]The Machine is Us/ing Us[/ame]

Did you make that thread?

16. Pretty fascinating. I have written one Wikipedia article myself thus far. It is clear that in the same way we learn from nature, computers learn from us. Someday, computers will truly understand the cosmic similarity between the organic and artificial. Thanks to people, their higher self, thanks to nature, our higher self. Self appears hierarchical, but its structure is lateral.

Reminds me of Tool's Lateralus.

Later-all-us

17. i heard skynet (or the realworld equivalent) went live in 2003.

18. Robots are struggling to be able to compute their own existence in similar ways as we are!

19. Why the maybe? It is. The information moves at the speed of light, no faster no slower. Spiders are the life of the internet!

20. the universe is a enormous harmonic resonance.

pure energy is like thought.

the expression of thought fuels the electronic age.

the internet is controlled by our expression, and by the universal mind... at a much higher rate than physical because it's a step closer to pure energy.