The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

Discussion in 'Movies' started by WAYGIE, May 4, 2011.

1. This. Is. An. Awesome. Movie
    not only because of the movie itself, but because of the symbolism

(spoiler aheadd)
    I don't know about a lot of the symbolism in the movie (such as the tarot cards, or the writing on Tony Lairs forhead, or that kind of thing) but I get the symbolism of the movie

it's a story about becoming a god

the Imaginarium is a choice between enlightenment(Parnassus) or cheap thrills(the bad guy)
    the point is to give the people inside a choice. then comes Tony liar who who, instead of giving the people a choice, convinces them to pick his. he brings a third option into the mix, himself. he convinces the people to give their souls to him. and he begins to 'change his face' accordingly

awesome movie

2. I watched this while tripping and had a great and confusing time.

3. Yes it is pretty much confusing, not actually able to understand..

4. My wife and I watched it today after smoking and thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn't really have any problems with understanding it. Great concept!

5. Terry Gilliam is a cinematical genius.

/thread.

6. Same thing. +10 into peak. it was insane. very confused when i watched it again but not as hard this time. not the same movie, ill say that

7. is this like ledger's suicide note??

movie was crazy&awesome 12/10 would watch a handful more times

8. production quality was uneven throughout the movie and was the only thing really holding the movie back for me. Aside from that I'd say I enjoyed it, but not in a huge way.

9. Just watched it & really liked it