The "I learned something new today" thread

Discussion in 'General' started by peace-frog, Feb 2, 2009.

1. #1 peace-frog, Feb 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2009
    Did you learn something new today? If you did, post it here to share with everyone. Feel free to come back and post again whenever you have something to share. Things like....
    • Interesting information
    • Random titbit or fact
    • how-to make something
    • You learned to do something cool
    examples
    "Today I learned what a boobie is" or
    "I learned a gnarly snowboard trick today" or
    "About 10 people every year are seriously injured by vending machines"

Really anything and everything new you could have learned today

I for one learned that The Allman Brothers are playing at the Mountain Jam festival, sweet

2. i learned that to throw someone out of a window is to "defenestrate"

cool huh?

3. i learned today that i am going to that mountain jam fest, featuring the allman brothers

4. nice thread

definitely going to be great success

even more so id like to see more blades post something they learned off of GC

i learned about the amount of mg in a 4oz bottle of dxm containing 15mg/5ml dose

5. today, i learned to never trust a whore and that you SHOULD use the condom

6. Haha I just had some forum member ask me that!

Remember kids- 4oz, in mL, is 118. Since each 5mL dose contains 15mg DXM, divide 118mL/5mL to get 23.6mL. Now take that, and multiply by the dosage- 23.6mL x 15mg= 354mg total DXM in a 4 oz 15mg/5mL dosage bottle.

:D

7. Today, I learned that 2+2=5.

8. hmm grinDer, read 1984 lately?

9. Today i learned no matter how mad you are or how hard you hit a wall....the wall will always win.

10. Today I learned not to pig out on incredibly hot salsa in the first half if you dont want to be shitting your brains out during halftime.

11. Don't EVER front money for bud lol i lost $110

12. I found the G-spot today! :eek:

13. Today I learned that the Steelers are this years superbowl champions

p.s. g spot location found ages ago.

14. today i learned that the office is a pretty good show..

15. I learned that NBC's To Catch a Predator hosted by Chris Hansen is really a televised objectification of a social disfunction.

Also, hilarious.

16. #16 Durchii, Feb 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2009
    I learned how to calculate Systolic and Diastolic Blood Pressure, not to mention how to pronounce Sphygmananometer, and also that a patient who is emancipated (legally, pregnant, a parent or a member of the Armed Services) can refuse service and sue the living fuck shits out of me if I attempt to declare them legally incompetent to make their own decisions. Gunshot wounds or not...

Also! Duty to Act, Informed Directives, Blah Blah Blah, Legal Mumbo Jumbo... Organ Donations and procedures related to them (Traffic Accidents are nice as we just pick the organs up off the road.), fuck, fuck, fuck, HIPAA Laws, more legal stuff...

Anyway, our labs today were pretty interesting. We practiced splinting, boarding a patient, removal from a scene when neck or spinal injuries are assumed or implied by patient pain. Also, I had a two hour long refresher on Human Anatomy, so I now know that there are 33 Vertebrae in the human spine and which order they go in.

I could go on, but I won't bore you guys. I'm just ranting here.

:D

17. i learnd that my dad has much better weed than me

18. Today, i learned that fake calling in sick works :D

19. Today I learned the UK had record snowfall.

20. I learned Girls, Girls, Girls by Mötley Crüe on drums today, gonna keep learning it tomorrow cause its not perfect yet.