The Human Race

Discussion in 'General' started by cheebaa, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Hey City,

I was thinking today, about how sad it will be for humans when as a species we meet our end.

I don't know what many of you all think will happen but my guess is- Humans are going to kill off humans. Between war & famine, the human race will end eventually.

I find this sad because humans have only been on this planet for a short period of existence when looking at the earths age. Many species have survived far longer than I think we will.

And it's all horrible because atleast other species had good reasons to go, climate changes, ateroids, it was basically nature.

And for us, as a species I think we will die because of ignorance- I just can't see why people just don't get along.

But maybe I'm ignorant for thinking people could.

2. 'Tis a very sad thing.

I was going to type a lot more then that.... but I left and came back and totally spaced what I was going to respond with.:smoking:

3. Humanity is a hell of a lot better off today than it ever has been. No reason to think things won't keep getting better. Life sucks, sure. But humanity's doing great.

4. ^^

i don't know how well humanity is doing.

i don't think war and famine will bring about the end of humans. i just don't see EVERY human being wiped out.

i could see our race being wiped out by the chemicals and genetically modified foods we pump into our bodies everyday

5. isnt the sun going to burn the earth eventually ne way

6. It's doing great. Point to one metric that suggests humanity is in decline. And don't say "global warming." We're talking about quality of life, life expectancy, etc.

7. As long as we can put an outpost on Mars before we get hit by a roving
    asteroid, the human race may never die out. Eventually we will achieve
    interstellar travel and explore the galaxy at large. I don't think we'll wipe
    ourselves out. I do think we're in for some of those "Interesting Times" the
    Chinese speak of, though. Maybe on a biblical scale even. But humanity is
    tenacious. We'll do alright.