The Hobbit

Discussion in 'Movies' started by jtarkey, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Seriously disappointed there wasn't already a thread on this. The trailer should hit next week. Who else is pumped?

2. If it's anything close to the other ones ill nut. The hobbit was my favorite book in the series

3. Theres some old ass threads out there about it from like last year. But hearing the trailer may drop next week? That's news I like to hear! The Hobbit was also my favorite book.

4. The trailer was already screened at a film festival and delivered by Elijah Wood and Ian Mckellen. It's slated to be attached to "The Adventures of Tintin" (which Peter Jackson produced). That movie opens on the 21st, and apparently it will be in front of Sherlock Holmes for those in the U.K.

All I can say is everything they've done with it so far looks amazing. All the original cast members who need to be in it are. It's been in pre-production hell for the past 3 years or so, so I'm sure they've had plenty of time to make everything work just right.

They're also shooting at 48fps and 5k resolution, which means it will be the
    clearest, closest to real life looking movie to date. Oh, its also in 3D....

All I can say is, definitely eating a ton of ganja treats before viewing this at midnight next year :smoke:

Heres a link to production diaries:

Videos - The Hobbit Blog | The Hobbit Blog

5. None of my boys like LOTR, unfortunately I'll probably have to wait until Blu-ray :[....

6. [quote name='"SmokinJoe420"']None of my boys like LOTR, unfortunately I'll probably have to wait until Blu-ray :[....[/quote]

Get super high and go by yourself. No shame in that at all.

7. I really hope they do a better job with this movie then they did with the lotr trilogy.

They really dropped the ball I can't even watch the movies because so many things are different.

8. Its what I'll be doing

9. Ahhhh 2012 release? I thought i was 2014. Wooo buddy

10. So pumped for this. :devious:

11. The trailer:D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM--4UklaL4&]The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Announcement Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

[​IMG]

12. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm siked.

13. #14 TesseLated, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2011
    FINALLY....fuckin A....longest making of a movie ever..

..sweet though...looks just as good as the others

14. ^ Yeah, that's what I'm hoping. It has a lot to live up to, but I think it can be done.

15. I seriously watched this trailer well over 10 times in the time since it came out.

The dwarves singing was so unbelievable. The color scheme looks more bright and adventurous than Lord of the Rings. Martin Freeman IS Bilbo. I would even argue that he's better for the part than Ian Holm was.

And I pretty much almost pissed myself when I heard "Bagginses? Whats a bagginses preciousssssss?"

16. yah, I liked the singing too......too bad is next yr....lol

17. Aren't they making it a two part series? Which I would prefer so they dont have to cram every little detail in one three hour movie

18. Yes, the first one is "An Unexpected Journey" and the second film is called "There and Back Again"

19. cant wait to blaze a doob and see this on the big screen at midnight looks amazing and i think the guy they got to play bilbo is going to be a really good fit