The Hobbit

Discussion in 'Movies' started by davida0829, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Are men able to go? I know Bilbo and frodo go. How come they can go but men can not?

2. [quote name='"rhino31"']
    Are men able to go? I know Bilbo and frodo go. How come they can go but men can not?[/quote]

It was explained in the book and probably the movie I can't remember. Basically having to carry around the one ring fucks you up for life so they deserved to go chill with the elves and smoke pipe weed all day.

3. [quote name='"rhino31"']
    Are men able to go? I know Bilbo and frodo go. How come they can go but men can not?[/quote]

They can go because of the part they played with the ring. Frodo especially suffered a lot carrying the ring to mordor. Also when he was stabbed on weathertop by the ring wraith, even though he survived he never really recovers because of the evil that passed from the sword into him.

Also because arawin ( I can't spell any of these names haha ) elronds daughter gives up her spot to stay with aragorn and become mortal.

4. So they get to chill with elves? Man that's awesome! Imagine the weed strains they have over there?

5. HBGBUB.. damn you know Lotr inside out man haha
    I haven't read the books but no matter what, I always assume that in the case of a book made into a movie, the books are always better. May have to get my hands on the Lotr books

6. Haha thanks man I've been reading tolkien for a few years now. I've gone through the trilogy 3 or 4 times and I've read the Silmarillion a bunch too. Great books, I find something new each time.

I started the children of hurin a few days ago then I'm gonna start the lost tales after

I really recommend them. They take a little while to get into the flow of how he writes, but he's a wonderful author and the fact that he made all this up in his mind still amazes me

7. Is Silmarillion a good book? I hear its a tough read man? Is it like the lotr?

8. I really like it but it is a very hard read and you really should read the trilogy first

What do you mean is it like lotr?

9. Idk what its about? Is it based in middle earth?

10. We meet again in this thread, HGBUB :p

11. #71 HBGBUB, Dec 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2012
    Yeah its a story of middle earth from the very beginning up to the end when the elves leave middle earth.

It's not one story though like the lord of the rings. It's a collection of stories, they do go in order though. I think its really interesting but that's cause I'm a nerd haha

What its really based on is the silmarils, and the elf who made it and the his family. All of that is wraped up into the history of middle earth

[quote name='"KangarooBunny"']We meet again in this thread, HGBUB :p[/quote]

Let it begin haha :wave:

12. I freakin love stuff like that man, I really need to read the lotr books,

Ok, if you could choose a race to be, which would you choose and why?

13. Hands down elves, not even a question. What about you?

I forgot why haha cause they're apart of the earth. They can see forever, they're tall as shit, they can fight like a mother fucker and its hard as hell to kill them. They're awesome singers and incredibly smart and skilled in so many things.

14. Yea ima be honest I'm pretty baked so forgiveme for what ever in abortion t to say. I choose. You know in the lotr 3 when the kings return? When arogon. I spelled his name right:cool: and the rest of the men are at the gates of mordor? And he fights that big ass trill *troll thing that almost kills him? That Guy cause everything is afraid of him. For my goof side I also choose elf man. There are fucking crazy archers and I love the rogue assassin style they have, also cause they are tall and there wemin are sexy xD

15. They can't have the same actors because most of the characters from the LotR trilogy are not in The Hobbit :rolleyes:
    Gandalf/Elrond/Galadriel/Saruman/Legolas/Frodo and old Bilbo will be in it but with the exception of Gandalf I don't think they will be very big parts.
    The Hobbit was written in 1937 and is one of the most beloved stories of all time so they can't really go around adding too much (even tho they are adding some new characters and scenes). :p

Don't worry it will still be amazing!

16. [quote name='"underahoneymoon"']

They can't have the same actors because most of the characters from the LotR trilogy are not in The Hobbit :rolleyes:
    Gandalf/Elrond/Galadriel/Saruman/Legolas/Frodo and old Bilbo will be in it but with the exception of Gandalf I don't think they will be very big parts.
    The Hobbit was written in 1937 and is one of the most beloved stories of all time so they can't really go around adding too much (even tho they are adding some new characters and scenes). :p

Don't worry it will still be amazing![/quote]

Saruman, legolas and galdriel and Frodo weren't in the hobbit.

Frodo wasn't born yet, legolas coulda been cause he's from mirkwood where they go but there's no specific mention of him. They don't go to lothlorien, so gladriel wasn't in it. she never talks to elrond. Saruman was just a spirit in mirkwood that gandalf and the dunedane run out, that's when he goes back to mordor and they rebuild baradur

17. Don't roll then eyes at me missy!!! xD

18. Yeah I know, I was just listing the characters from The Lord of the Rings that rhino guy will recognize in The Hobbit :D

19. #79 HBGBUB, Dec 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2012
    [quote name='"rhino31"']

Yea ima be honest I'm pretty baked so forgiveme for what ever in abortion t to say. I choose. You know in the lotr 3 when the kings return? When arogon. I spelled his name right:cool: and the rest of the men are at the gates of mordor? And he fights that big ass trill *troll thing that almost kills him? That Guy cause everything is afraid of him. For my goof side I also choose elf man. There are fucking crazy archers and I love the rogue assassin style they have, also cause they are tall and there wemin are sexy xD[/quote]

I know what youre talking about.

If I were to go for an evil guy it would be a balrog, remember the thing gandalf fought and fell with in the first movie? One of those. They're bad ass

[quote name='"underahoneymoon"']

Yeah I know, I was just listing the characters from The Lord of the Rings that rhino guy will recognize in The Hobbit :D[/quote]

O I thought you meant like all of them will be in the movie.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jackson puts Frodo in it somehow, he fucks around with everything else

20. That would be kickass man, sry about earlier btw