the hidden powers of our brains. part 1

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Digit, Jun 13, 2003.

?

subconscious telepathy?

1. yes.

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. ? an answer somewhere between an absolute yes and an absolute no.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. no.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

1. LMGDMFAO!!!!

2. you're gonna have to actually type it or the link though. i dont know if i speak for everyone, but i'm just not that adept at the whole telepathy lark yet. ;)

so go find a multi-verse thread to elaborate in. :D

3. hehe, thought it might have been.

oh how i strained to "read" the link's address.

hehe.

4. as a person that meditates, i firmly believe that the mind has more powers than it has learned to use as of yet. i have been meditating for many years now, and during my sessions, i have found that after a long enough time i can control the rate my heart beats--an example of the mind's ability to control the body, and hopefully eventually, to conquer disease. scientists have found that a human uses a very small portion of their brain in relation to the size of the organ, and it would be rediculous to believe that the rest of the mass in our heads has no purpose.

5. "...and it would be rediculous to believe that the rest of the mass in our heads has no purpose."

... perhaps even too much to asume that it is not already filling out some of that extra unknown purpose.

"i think therefor i am" does not mean "i think therefor i know all and can percieve all".

(i too meditate... or did i already mention that)

6. that's an excellent way of putting it...knowing thyself doesn't mean you can know the things that are deep in the mind or subconscious...i believe the soul and subconscious is protective of the mind and lets it do only what it thinks it can handle...it takes a truly open mind to break the lock and do what we all have the capacity of doing, just most of us are too afraid or skeptical of man's true abilities.

i'm pretty high...all that makes sense to me, i'm not sure if anyone else would agree though...

p.s.
    and i think i saw somewhere that you meditate. do you do yoga?i find it is a tremendous help to do both...i can concentrate on the stretches a hundred times better after meditating...and yoga makes my back feel so much better after i do it

7. dang, beat me to it...

it's a common misconception that we use only a minor part of the brain. not true. our entire brain is engaged in everyday use. just think about the information load an average brain faces during a single day (or hour for that matter). terabytes of data. much of this is handled automatically, and some is under concious control.

so the brain is 100% engaged. however, some have the ability to focus their thought patterns more than others. these are "smart". put simply, some of their brain patterns are deviated towards abstract thinking, rather than practical thinking.

generally speaking, everybody got the *potential* to be genious. but very few are. this got nothing to do with brain mass. i was to say something more, but i gotta take a small leakage break...

8. there's this part in the movie Waking Life about this. they were talking about a study where they put people in different rooms with no communication and made them do crossword puzzles. then they gave them one that was a day old and was answered by millions of people, and the scores shot up by like 20%.

9. humans are too primitive and simple to have subconscious connections. we can be simply reduced to scientific series of reactions within our bodies. i dont think everyone has the potential to be a genius. we are a far too vauge species to have metaphysical relationships.

but of course, thats just a cynical point of view.

the people that think they can read minds and see angels are just crazy or under the influence. power to them.

but then again i know nothing about quantam mechanics.

10. i've been meaning to do yoga for a while

"i believe the soul and subconscious is protective of the mind and lets it do only what it thinks it can handle...it takes a truly open mind to break the lock and do what we all have the capacity of doing, just most of us are too afraid or skeptical of man's true abilities."

spot on. except i'm reluctant to accept the term soul. dont believe it, no real evidence for it and there are extremes of science fact or parts of science fiction that have more likely explanations of similar phenonemon.

11. so what's you'r really saying is that there is more to the mind than meets the (immidiate) eye?

and some of that might be telepathy?

and that is wishfull thinking maybe?

:)

12. maybe.

but i wouldnt want to rule it out as a possability until i see the evidence that says its impossable

13. i see...

do you believe in santa, or have you proven him impossible. and if so, how did you do it?

:D

14. ok'so'i'dident'read'all'the;posts...but'i'do'believe'cats'have'masterd'telepaty...

and'we'all'have'it'in'us'and'i'do'think'as'digi'mentioned'in'the'original?

use'it'subcontously''without'noticing''no'one'can'convince'me'we'are'not'all'conected'in'some'deeper';way;than'we'have'been'able'to'map
    'out'yet!

15. haha, when i was like 6 i pulled my dad aside one x-mas to tell him that santa cannot exist simply because the laws of physics would not allow for reindeer to travel faster than the speed of sound, and that it was necessary for santa to travel at such a high rate of speed that it would require titanium reindeer.

As i've mentioned above, in my lab i managed to learn to affect the output of calibrated scientific instruments using only thought, that is proof there is some kind of electromagnetic interaction between the brain and existence.

Maybe our brains don't give off telepathic signals, but merely act as quantum switches for energies that flow everywhere. Do humans have a yet to be discovered sensory mechanism that allows us to communicate over vast distances? There are examples in the animal kingdom of of transmission/reception via all kinds of mechanisms, be it seismic, electrical, acoustic, optical, etc.

Elepahts can communicate over miles by creating an extremely low frequency rumble that is transmitted through the legs, underground, and recieved by other elepahnts miles away, well out of acoustic range.

Whales can use certian very low frequency sounds to communicate across oceans. Some animals sense electrical current and can recieve signals as weak as a heartbeat of a small injured animal from miles away.

How unreasonable would it be for us to have sensory reception of something similar, what about the low frequency acoustic/electric signature of a heartbeat? The gov't has done expiriments which alloed them to track the position of humans by tracking the electric pulses of heartbeats, which unlike the brain are capable of higher power shorter duration pulses, kind of like a blinking light can be brighter during it's on phase than a steady light using the same power because of it's intermittent pulsating nature.

Does the brain control the rhythm of the heart in a way that it transmits information? Can humans recieve that information?

16. a-ha.

just the same that computers are forever secretly transmiting data in the form of flashing lights. our heart beat is our little flashing light.

i wonder what crazyness i've been transmitting recently. ;)

17. ^^^

lol, probably x-rated :D

18. :rolleyes: :D ;) :p

yeah... probably.

19. well, i hope my thoughts are getting transmitted...;) or maybe my thoughts are someone else's and they got interlaced some how..............................nah...