The Henhouse

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by rooster1369, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Well I originally posted this in my journal but decided to share. The cabinet is 3wx2dx5h(ft) there is a 249cfm flat fan hooked to a 5lb. Carbon scrubber in the top center. On either side of that is an identical fan, one sucking exhaust off the light and one blowing cool air onto the light. The light is a 250w hps/mh. I plan on upgrading, hence the extra fan. I figured engineer it in the build instead of retrofit later. I've gotten to the point of lightproofing. A friend owes me $50 so I'm gonna get weatherstripping to lightproof. In the plans are a rumplebucket topped by a removable screen. Ill look for build pics in my camera.

Attached Files:

2. Looks good. Have you test drive it yet? What is the temperature level when lights are on?

3. #3 rooster1369, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Had a long detailed reply, hit a wrong button on my phone and poof! But in short not yet. But ill be growing in a 63 room with the equivalent of a small can fan on a 250w light. I know the filter and intake setup work for this space from previous cab so I'm not too worried but we'll deal with that when I get there.

4. Looking awesome. How many plants are you shooting for in there 1 or 2? Are you gonna have a cloning/mother cab or area?

5. 1 plant. I did 2 in the previous cab. it was way too crowded. I think I can get similar results with 1 plant and a longer veg.
    clone cab in progress:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

6. I remember that shirts.....:D.....and those cabinet pics. The PC thingie is cool!