The Heady/High-End discussion thread

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by stickey_fingerz, May 20, 2010.

1. yea thats not possible only because its on the public forums... but the whole reason we started a new high end thread, was because it was 550 pages of comments discussions and arguments and 50 pages of pictures....

and thats exactly what im trying to avoid by keeping the high end picture and discussion thread seperate..

2. Agreed, however wouldnt it make sense to have that be this thread? We could have this be a discussion and mid to high end/prodo/clear thread. I think it might be too much for three threads so similarly related.

3. disch0rd

can i please have this?

[​IMG]

lol give me some info on that, please...i have to have one

4. I definitely want that slide.

5. Make a gallery of images with linkbacks to the original post it came from. Add to the gallery when a piece and picture meet the criteria. It'd be much better to scroll through at least.

6. Dude you get 1 UP for every snap you take...who wouldn't want it? :p:D

7. I like to think it'd make the rips bigger too.

8. No, none of you can have it. It's mine. End of story. :smoke:

Just kidding. It's by an artist named Koji. If you want to know where I got it, PM me. I'm glad everyone likes it. When I saw it I was like, "MINE!" and bought it. XD I love it. Thanks for all the kind words. :)

9. I was all for the recreation of the high end thread and though it was agreat idea, but I feel the execution is a little lacking here. Diamond Rasta should be commended for the work he put in to it but I just think the direction it is heading will have a negative effect.

First of all it is called the "High End/Heady thread" but then in the set of rules you specify no clear pieces. This is just contradictory and may as well be called the heady thread.

Then there comes this discussion thread, and people bringing up a number of ideas for multiple topics for different types of glass, it just over complicates things and will discourage a new user from the site.

Ultimately I think simplicity is key here and we're heading in the wrong direction in that regard. A thread for high end glass is what we need, just with clear specifications as to what is high end. An SG pillar perc whether clear or not should be included in this topic and should flow with the discussions surrounding the glass being posted.

All of this is just one blade's opinion but it is just because I want the thread to prosper.

10. i am just subscribing....

11. 1: response to: guidelines in picture thread...,if its gonna be a heady/high end thread then all high end glass should be included, not just a worked waffle or a worked pillar for example, but a clear waffle or a clear pillar.... but i agree the clear glass part needs to be erased a little editing on the OP of the picture thread....

2: response to: discussion thread.. i think were just discussing what companies are mid range and low range to help avoid those in the picture thread... but its exactly what i had in mind for the discussion thread... instead of clogging the picture thread with 100's of pages of arguments, you can come here and discuss why you think a certain company is or isnt high end/heady why it shouldnt be allowed in the picture thread etc etc....

3: response to: simplicity is key... i think it can all be fixed with editing and discussing more clearly precise guidelines...

but one thing that is important is we keep comments and discussion out of the picture thread, it will cause arguments and nothing but 5 pages of text then some pictures, 5 more pages, some more pictures, 5 more pages etc etc etc etc etc....

12. #32 zxzDarkCloudzxz, May 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2010
    simply put, we're trying to create a high end / heady gallery.

13. yes, and it already looks kinda crappy w/ all the deleted posts...but oh well, you live and learn

14. one question, does SSFG belong in the heady/ high end thread? just asking because I have a few pieces I would like to post but am unsure about whether they would be appropriate.

15. i would say if its worked, yes, clear no, just cause the clear ones are nice, but it's just a basic inline, no real innovation or anything...just a solid inline.

16. #36 zxzDarkCloudzxz, May 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2010
    EDIT: althoguht hops is accepted even though his are also clear.

17. he innovated, created the inline, ssfg did not

18. I know how to tell the diffrence between High End and Heady. But this whole thing about posting here and there for diffrent glass is discouraging =[

I am already asking myself " what the fuck happened to grasscity?"

19. i like the two threads, i think this stuff would just clutter the other one, now when you see a new post in that one, it should always be new glass, not jusdt comments.

20. Its still in the works, folks! Give it some time and everything will be even better than it was before! The execution is lacking a little bit at the moment, but Rome wasn't built in a day!! XD Don't be discouraged, even I doubted the discussion thread at first, but I think all-in-all this is all headed in the right direction. Just be patient everyone!! Everything will work out for the best.