The Grow Dome

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BluntKillington, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Wassup GC,

My plants are 15 days from seed. No germanation method.

So I drew out this grow dome idea I had, and went out and got most of everything I needed. I had seedlings already for transplant and finished putting it together yesterday. I was aiming for a compact grow for my closet. Also to try MG against FF.

Setup:
    • 3x23w CFL (one on each plant)
    • 4x4ft 40W Fluro
    • 4x4ft Shop Light
    • Reflective Material
    Soil:
    • Fox Farm OF
    • MGrow MC
    Water is bottled spring water.

Attached Files:

2. #2 BluntKillington, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
    The first plant is in MG and the second is in FF.

3. Day 17. Attached a picture of the MG plant and just a pic of what im up to today.

Attached Files:

4. Day 19 from seed and 14 from seedling. What you guys think. The bigger one is in MG and the smaller one is in FF. I also have one more in FF.

Attached Files:

5. not enough light to flower them proper,y, if you were thinking on it.  the 40W t-8 and t-12s barely veg a plant.  need to upgrade to the 55w t5 4 footers and use at least 4 of them to flower a line of plants.  you could get this all done with more CFL, but the shop light and standard flouros really aren't gonna get you anywere

6. @[member="zippy657"] Ok I added a few lights I had. They are more 6500k 23watt cfls. I know it probly wouldnt hurt to have them closer but the brackets I had for them are total ass and I cant get them to fit under the shop light. Once I get my pay check im going get some 65watt cfls to replace the 23 watts. This will put me at 420 total watts. Since I will probley have only one female or two hopefully, I think this should be plenty watts correct? I've read 150watts per plant. Is this correct or close? Ive attached a picture of what I just did.

GC give me some advice. This is my first grow and Im just trying to make enough money off it to supply me a grow tent and a nice light setup..

Attached Files:

7. #7 zippy657, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014
    yea its enough if you can keep it all within usable range of your canopy... pretty much just ditch the shop light though.

8. For what it cost to buy some 65w CFLs, you can buy a HPS or a 300w LED.

9. @[member="zippy657"] so you think the shop light is just a waste? I mean started with just it orginally. They grew up a good rate I would say and looked healthy. I've got 160watts 6500k coming from it. I realize its not as concetrated at the cfls, but I cant help but too imagine its healping some.

10. Day 17

Temp: 76F
    Humidity: 33%

Just watered last night. I'm on a every three day watering scheldue at the moment. The plants have been getting fresh outside air all day today and yesterday got some actual sunlight for about 6-7hrs. Two have taken a jump in height the other has always been the runt so it should in the next couple days. I've added a few pics.

Attached Files:

11. 420 views... bump

12. Its a waste in the sense that on its own it isnt nearly enough and it could be replaced with a more efficient bulb for next to nothing...  It might be adding 10% of the light to your grow or something, but its also going to give off more than its share of heat and another CFL would do a lot better...

13. Day 56*Day 2 Veg

Update.

I've added more lights. I'm working with.
    * one 3000k 65watt cfl
    * six 3000k 23watt cfl
    * two 4ft 3000k 40watt tubes
    * two 4ft 3500k 40watt tubes
    * one 6500k 23watt cfl

Switched to 12/12
    Moved to larger pots.
    Watering a gallon every two days to three plants.
    Temp is at 78F
    Humidity is at 37%
    Height from smallest to biggest is 13inches, 16inches, 17inches.
    I have LSTed two. One I have not.
    They are all in FFOF soil now.
    I have also topped two of them. One that I did LST and the one I didnt.

Here's some pics.
    Ones a overview the other is before I did some more LSTing today and the other is after. What you think?

I'm going head to watch some tv and get blazzed. Night dudes! :smoke: :smoking: :bolt:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Looks good to me

15. Thanks :smoke:

16. Had a power outage for about 4hrs. I couldn't really do anything.
    I think they will be fine.

17. All three are females. I'm super mega stoked!!! Going roll up a fatty in a few to celebrate.  :hello:  :smoke:  :smoking: 

18. My goal is to get at least a QP. Am I on the right track?

19. Well turns out only one was female. I'm a noob and took a early uneducated glance and thought they were all female. I only have one shes looking real nice. Ill post some pics of the males before I chopped and a photo of the gal in the morning. Night blades. :smoke: