Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

the greatest way to get rid of the smell in your room

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Thrashtoke, Nov 10, 2012.

1. I smoked a joint in my room and it got rid of it almost instantly just tape dryer sheets to your ceiling fan

2. more than likely you just made the room smell like a joint and dryer sheets instead of just a joint haha
    spraying ozium is about the best thing you can do to get rid of already present smells. the real trick is preventing them in the first place

3. While ozium is a great way to remove unwanted smells from a space, be careful.

Ozium contains diethyl phthalate and quite a bit of it (~360 ppm). While we haven't done enough research to know the exact harms this can cause in the long term, some phthalates have been observed to cause reproductive issues and even cancer.

If you decide to use ozium, I'd advice you make a point to not inhale any and to, preferably, keep it away from your eyes. Use it sparingly, as we don't know very much about the harm it could cause in the long term.

TL;DR: Be careful; your balls could be on the line.

• Like Like x 1
  4. From experience , the best way I found to get rid of the smell in your room is to not smoke in your room.

Either tell your parents that you smoke or don't smoke inside, it's that simple.

5. Dude, if I walked into your room and saw dryer sheets taped to your ceiling fan, I wouldn't even have to ask you if you're high. :rolleyes:

Eating 3 cans of chili and beans and trying to fart the smell out of the room would be less conspicuous. :D

6. Lol a little while after i taped them up the tape hold them on loosened and shot off scared the shit out of me :smoking:

7. thanks for the info man, never knew that and it probably discourages me from ever buying the stuff, sounds sketchy. I've actually personally never used Ozium, I just know its widely known as the best or one of the best odor neutralizers so I thought it was worth a mention.

If you truly are set on smoking inside, and want it to be as undetectable as possible I have a method that's never failed me, and its a system that I never see mentioned on this forum, which I find surprising.

What I would always do is either use a one-hitter, or only pack one hit in your pipe (make sure you know you can smoke every last bit of it in one breath), then I'd step into my closet where I have a decently long tube (spoof(12" or more)) stuffed as full with scenty dryer sheets as possible, all wrapped up in blankets with only where you want to exhale into sticking out.

Then simply step into the closet if its big enough, if not just hit it right next to the door, kill the bowl, then blow every bit of smoke in your lungs into the spoof, and close the closet door as quickly as possible. Your room will smell a bit like weed and dryer sheets for maybe 10 minutes, but it goes away very quickly (instantly if you spray air freshener in the room after) and is such a slight smell in the first place that most people would never notice.

It sounds/seems like a long and complicated process, but thats just because I always over-explain everything haha, in reality the whole process takes no longer than it would take to step outside really quick. Out of all methods people post in these types of threads (opening a window, in the bathroom before taking a shower, just spoofing, etc. I have found this to be the most hassle free and effective way of smoking incognito, other than vaping, or going outside obviously.

I hope this helps somebody, because I swear by this method and, if this were a business model, I would back it up with a 100% guarantee that, if done properly, everything will turn out exactly as I said.

8. Get a vacuum that has a hose, and some dryer sheets, and a rubberband . . . make a power sploof . . . just be in your room pretending to clean out all the corners and stuff . . .

9. The easiest way is to light a stick of incense and exhale out of an open window. No weed smell at all..

10. ...after about an hour.

I must wholeheartedly disagree with this, this was always my go-to method for removing smells until I found that all it does is make your room smell like weed and incense haha. Of course, if somebody isn't familiar with the smell of weed they might just think your incense smells that way, but for me that method was very flawed and ineffective. It's better than nothing i guess

11. [quote name='"Wiggibow"']

...after about an hour.

I must wholeheartedly disagree with this, this was always my go-to method for removing smells until I found that all it does is make your room smell like weed and incense haha. Of course, if somebody isn't familiar with the smell of weed they might just think your incense smells that way, but for me that method was very flawed and ineffective. It's better than nothing i guess[/quote]

You must have been doing something wrong then. If your household isn't incense-friendly then you could exclude that and leave the windows open and in about 10/15 minutes the smell will be gone. But with incense its gone in like two minutes. I do this everyday, with a very very anti-weed father living with me and not once have I had any trouble whatsoever.

You also must realize your hands, piece, and breath will probably reek of weed too.. so take that into consideration.

12. good ole ventilation works well.

13. What's to do wrong? light incense, blow directly out window. Been smoking incognito for years now, and I am 100% positive when I've tried that method it has not worked anywhere near as effectively as spoofing in my closet. I honestly wish it did because you don't get to taste your weed as much when you blow into a spoof, but I can deal with that slight sacrifice.

Opening the window is also too inconvenient for me as I only ever smoke inside when its too cold to step out on my porch, and leaving a window open for more than a minute or two isn't an option when it's 30 degrees out haha

14. [quote name='"Wiggibow"']

What's to do wrong? light incense, blow directly out window. Been smoking incognito for years now, and I am 100% positive when I've tried that method it has not worked anywhere near as effectively as spoofing in my closet. I honestly wish it did because you don't get to taste your weed as much when you blow into a spoof, but I can deal with that slight sacrifice.

Opening the window is also too inconvenient for me as I only ever smoke inside when its too cold to step out on my porch, and leaving a window open for more than a minute or two isn't an option when it's 30 degrees out haha[/quote]

I really dont know then. For me it works without a problem but for others it doesnt work. I dont see how it could logically smell in your room seeing as all the smoke went outside though.. but to each their own

15. just fap til the smell goes away

16. [quote name='"Cannistry"']

While ozium is a great way to remove unwanted smells from a space, be careful.

Ozium contains diethyl phthalate and quite a bit of it (~360 ppm). While we haven't done enough research to know the exact harms this can cause in the long term, some phthalates have been observed to cause reproductive issues and even cancer.

If you decide to use ozium, I'd advice you make a point to not inhale any and to, preferably, keep it away from your eyes. Use it sparingly, as we don't know very much about the harm it could cause in the long term.

TL;DR: Be careful; your balls could be on the line.[/quote]
    Oh shit that must be why ozium works so well lol.
    It's really good for making anything smell
    Like a very clean hospital bathroom

17. One spray of Ozium. Hakuna Matata

18. The best way is too use a fan and a one hit bong or pipe and exahle all the smoke through the window. Best way to get rid of smell is how they do it in prison. You get a spray bottle with the mist nozzle and pour water preferable hot along with soap or shampoo, head and shoulders works the best and spray as much as you need.

19. I've done this before haha. I also taped them over my small fans for when I was growing. Helped with the smell and still circulated air. :smoking: