The greatest (or worst) news of my life

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by anarkin, Jul 24, 2006.

1. I've been posting on and off the past six months, and haven't really been keeping the city up to date on what's going on. For those who are new or forgotten (we are all stoners, it's bound to happen) or those who just missed the posts... I was diagnosed with Hodgkins lymphoma late last year. I had to do six months of chemotherapy that ended the second last week of June. I have done numerous tests this month and I get my results tommorow morning. there is a 99.9% chance that I am all cured and done with all the doctors and all the BS except for yearly check ups.

Anyways, Im feeling great and have an amazing story that if I use right could do great things for the legalization of marijuana if not as a whole then at least medically.

I told my doctors from the start that I was a marijuana user and they said I could continue smoking as it would do no harm and if it affects anything it will be positive. so I blazed daily. about a 1/4 of the way through I stopped taking most of my medication ( all of my pain killers and anti-nauseants) and relied soley on marijuana and marinol gel pills (synthetic THC, 5mg per pill) for the rest of my treatments. not only did I not need all the pills, but I felt better without them.

Because I was not able to get medical, I was forced to rely on street dealers for my medication, luckily I am good friends with a couple reliable hook ups. I found myself spending hundereds of dollars a month on marijuana that I was using for medical reasons, hundereds of dollars that could have not only been covered by a drug plan in whole or part, but also money that could have gone to the government. Im not saying they deserve the money but I know they won't turn down free cash:rolleyes:

I was lucky enough to only be busted once in the 6 months, but it came at a horrible time. I was out of money and the cops had taken not only my quater that I just bought to get me through the week but they also took my one pipe small enough for me to safely carry around. The cop was an ass about the situation telling me Im throwing my life away and shit like that... I posted about it on the forum when it happened and I ended up fililng a report on the officer for several reasons which are really not important anymore.

Im high and I just realized I probably just rambled on about a ton of unimportant stuff, Ill come back on tommorw afternoon with my final results and Ill clean the post up and add anything important that I missed out.

peace and love

2. Hey man I've only recently joined the forums but it's great to here that you have recovred. Keep it real man and let us know how those tests turn out.

3. Wow thats amazing. Well at least we are working on all the states having medical marijuana. We already have 12. And that just shows you how amazing marijauana can be when its used medicaly.

4. im glad your recovering.

5. glad to hear all is good

6. congrats on everything man. your onviously a strong person. not that it really compares to how much u went through, but it was probally a big thing for med weed. it shows unbelivers a lot, if you story somehow gets word. my advice to u is actually try to get it publicsized. even if u don't want to, it could actually mean a lot to the push

7. if anything, shouldn't this have been to the med weed thread?

8. TO the mods: sorry for putting it in the wrong section... I couldn't decide if it should go in stories or general.

OT: I will be doing what I can to be getting my story out, Im going to urge my doctors to change there policy on med mj because they told me the only thing stopping them from giving it to me was hospital policy which I only belive because my doctors encourged me smoking and said they had no morale problems with what I was doing. Ill edit tommorow afternoon sometime with the update as well as clean up the original post.

9. Keep on keepin on bro!

10. Glad to see you recovering man! Live life to the fullest my friend :smoking:

11. This is fine in stories, it is a storie, but you may want to post it in medical aswell just because people well be interested (just say you posted in both in the thread).

Anyways, Im glad your recovering and that the weed helped, if I were you Id call all the newspapers and news stations you can and tell them about your story, surely atleast one of them will tell it. Try talking to legalization groups like norml and spread the word. Who knows, maybe you could become the newest advocate to legalize weed.

12. I just got home from the doctors office, they say Im as healthy as I can be considering the amount of lymphoma in my system... not exactly what I was hoping for seeing as I would rather be completly healthy, but on the bright side Im still done with chemo. My doctor said he personally could not do anything about the anti-mj policy at the hospital but he told me he would spread my story. As for spreading it around myself, they news idea is great, I will probably end up giving it a try and I will for sure be saying something to my school when I go back in September, and I'll be bringing it up in public whenever the opportunity arises.

13. right on, anarkin! spread the good news hahaha...

14. dude, i hope you get through to the world with your story. i knew someone who was doin chemo, and thankfully she's a lot better than she was a while ago, but with your story, it could really help the medical world and the legalization of weed. at least for medical purposes.

15. I am glad you are bettr dude, and that MJ helped you in your pain recovery.

16. storys like this make me wanna cry. keep on going man. i bet youll have a great time the nexttime a sheltered girl bad mouths marijuana

17. Damn. Just 19 years old, and you've been through so much shit so far. Good luck, man. And I'm happy that you're feeling some better. Hope you can reach a full recovery soon. I'll be looking forward to it.

18. congratsss