The Good Ole' Vapo

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Ripathon, Apr 12, 2011.

1. I saw the Vaporizer club below and now I feel obligated to ask (being a noob) and I'm sure this has been asked countless times and all BUT, what is the deal with smoking out of a vaporizer?

I've heard many reactions to the vapo, mostly positive, but some negative. So I'm dying to know from the experts, is the vapo honestly the way to go? Do the sites that advertise the vapo, advertise their product honestly? What exactly are the benefits to buying and using a vapo and are there any disadvantages as well?

Is there a vapo on the market that blow the rest out of the water? Is there a vapo on the market that is the smartest purchase based on a combination of price and quality? The reason I ask these questions is because if the advertisements about the vaporizers are true, then I will heavily consider purchasing one.

Sorry, once again I am sure this question has been asked a zillion times but if anyone wants to point me to another thread or answer this one then go right ahead.

2. first of, you dont smoke through a vaporizer, you vaporize.

some people dont like the high, i like it, its great for a day high.

its good for people that dont like to get RIPPED all the time.

3. Its really just a choice, some people love them, some people don't. I personally prefer my vape about 90% of the time, but combustion is still great sometimes, its a very different effect. I would say that the vape is a bit....clearer of a high. Not to say I am any less stoned though. Its something you should really experience, then decide how much you like it.

The benefits are mostly health concerns, by not combusting anything you don't release a lot of chemicals that are released by the combustion process, so it is a much healthier smoke. It is also much more efficient, in that you can get more hits from the same amount of herb, and in addition if you hold in a vape hit long enough eventually it will all be absorbed, where as a combusted hit if you hold it in for long enough you will really fuck up your lungs. I dont know of any distinct disadvantages other than some people just prefer combustion. Some vapes take a while to heat up... I guess thats a disadvantage.

As far as "the best" as usual...not really. The volcano vape has always been a good one, but also pricy. I hear great things about Da Buddha, and the SSV. I love my herborizer, and a few other people who have used it seem to like it a lot too.
    Best value I've found is either: my MFLB. (magic flight launch box) There isn't much to it, and because of that the $100 price tag seems excessive, but it works very well, though there is a slight learning curve, heats up fast, and is very portable. (its barely bigger than a zippo lighter) That being said, if portability isn't an issue then I would just look around in your price range on gotvape.com or something similar or local shops. Once you find a few you like...look them up on here, see how people like or dislike them.