The Good Bud Guide [ILLUSTRATED] (Paperback)

Discussion in 'Books on Growing Cannabis' started by Superjoint, Feb 18, 2009.

1. #1 Superjoint, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2013

The Good Bud Guide[​IMG]

Product Description
    It's surely a sign of the (high) times that marijuana is becoming increasingly visible and increasingly respectable, easily surviving every effort by the federal government and the bluenoses to suppress it. As well, ganja fans have become more discriminating, no longer willing to settle for the flavorless street bud or the insecticide-soaked leaf. Catering to this new sophistication, The Good Bud Guide offers the reader the most relevant details of the heavenly bud in a concise, easy-to-use format. Designed like a guide to fine wines, this handy book features a wide range of strains, each accompanied by an educated evaluation of its aroma, taste, and effect; high-quality glossy images; and precise growing information to help discerning enthusiasts identify the best-bred bud and perhaps even grow their own. Chapters on grow-room tips, humidity, cuttings, hash-making, and basic and high-tech paraphernalia round out the experience, making this the most comprehensive strain guide every produced.

The Good Bud Guide[​IMG]

2. Nice book, decent pictures. Many of the smoke reports included the "The high from this has no ceiling, or cut through high" so they are a little repetitive.

There is no doubt this gentleman Albie grows some fantastic looking herb but I wish he had taken a different approach and stated which seedbank genetics he used for all the reports, especially when he reviews the same strain from different companies. 2 versions of Bubblegum were grown from competing companies were not similar looking in any way varied in yield, finishing time, and growth structure. They appeared to not be related. Great info but which company did he get the Bubblegums from? The same is true later in the book for 2 versions of White Widow from 2 seed companies. Again two very distinctly different plants but no idea whose he has grown out and reviewed, another strain with many seed co's to choose from.

In the intro he explains why he does not want to disclose seed bank info which did not make much sense to me. The photograph of his seeds on the following page then shows some of them in original seedbank packaging, and some even look like knock offs, kind of contradicting what he just said in the intro.

His decision to not list seed companies confuses things in my opinion especially, for side by side comparison grow. I like to compare apples to apples. If he had done this I would say this book would have been great.