The Glass Bastard's Collection Thread

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Glass Bastard, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Sweet 100 replies in here! Ok this post has nothing to do with my collection but when I saw it I fucking died, I had to repost...
    [​IMG]

2. SWEET! I know this is a repost basically, of almost the exact same video, but this is of the kush puckline, and now I can do it in 720! Fuckin sweeeeeet....
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz84vPdATfM&context=C4d5b4d5ADvjVQa1PpcFMOM5iIlUq91KIHlnKiQo9nSdTEmG_f1Kk=]Kush Scientific Glass Puckline - YouTube[/ame]

3. #103 StickyxLover, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
    I got that same HBG bong (upline showerhead) with different color and style label it def. rips like a beast.

4. Which one??

5. Lol i noticed after I posted you had like 10 different ones but the one on pg 6, nice collection.

6. once i clean out my HBG ill post a flick. Love it!

7. Ok, good to be back on GC. Just came back from a 3day long trip to Michigan and man that was fun and productive :Smoke: Picked up some new pieces and some new supplies, so I'll get to it! Next among my new pipes is a Boom Felazi "King Crown" perc. Boom Felazi is an artist currently in Cali who is fairly new onto the independent artist scene circa 2010. He's had some fairly prominent experience with some major scientific glass producers, and his experience does show in his lathe working abilities. Unique pipe diameters and lathe spinning abilities add up to a unique pipe.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    14 slits with 5 diffy's per slit = 70 ports of diffusion
    [​IMG]
    If theres one thing I can definitely say Boom's got going for him as an artist, its his lathe working abilities. When he spins a tube its perfectly straight and symmetrical throughout with no irregularities.
    [​IMG]
    Bubble action is supririsingly impressive considering the large bore of this part of the tube.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And of course, respect the milkiness...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Overall my impression of these tubes (I got two more to go): These are very unique tubes that offer something a little different than most other tubes out there. The hits are very unlike any other upline/stemless/inverted showerhead I've ever hit, and lack the definitive chug of those types of pipes. It chugs for the first few seconds of the pull, which then develops into a fine little purr, very very aerated. Clean and tasty, and once the slide is pulled the smoke does indeed clear remarkably quickly. The downside? Glass is very, very thin in my opinion: 3.8mm or less. Additionally in comparison towards some other stemless pipes such as a David Goldstein Fritted Disk, it lacks some luster. However for the price tag, its a beautiful looking piece for a good price, and of course good quality welds and well made american glass. Bottom line? If you can take care of it and not break them, these are great and unique pieces that can help uniquely expand any collection.

8. THANK YOU for that review. Legacy Glassworks here in Duluth has a few of tubes of that brand were intriguing. I don't think I've ever seen them online before, and never with a nice quality review like that.

I might have to stop by and check out their prices on those tubes now...

9. Damn man, you should make a review channel, and get companies to send you free stuff to review. You easily have one of the largest and most diverse glass collections i've seen, and you do a great job reviewing them, and seem to enjoy it too.

On a side note, I think it would be good for some of the members here for you to do some comparison reviews if you own and lower end companies (I kinda doubt it haha)

10. [quote name='"Glass Bastard"']Nice! I'm glad you answered the call to post that thing in here! How many slits are on the bottom anyway? Are they gridded? If its that nice and that different than the SG I may have my next purchase on my mind[/quote]

This needs some clarification; the vertigo is a stemless tree perc. Meaning the tree perc is connected on the top and the water/smoke travel through the slits and up the arms, which is similar to how the pillar SECTION works in a complete pillar tube, but more resembles a syn showercap/showerhead(whatever they want to call it) perc. The SG peyote pillar is a completely different beast...3 part system. Lol The Vertigo is a very smooth ripping tube though; I've hit the stemless 10 to showerhead and it's great.

Regardless, impressive collection. Keep it up!

11. Heh, well I guess I'll do some clarification of my own then. From my years of experience having been using scientific glass since its invention all the way back to JBD's and original German Roor's, I can safely say one thing about this industry's definitive standards on perc...There are almost none. Think about it, everyone can have the same type of perc and call it something different entirely. For god's sake showerheads alone are showerheads/circs/UFO's/Showercap, need I go on? Of course there are a very few set select standards that apply to everything, however when it comes to percs its all a matter of opinion. If Vertigo decided to call that thing a stemless tree perc, then I'll do them the service of referring to it as that, but most people I know including artists I've met such as J.P. and Darby, would refer to a stemless tree being more like the bottom of a Toro 7/13, whereas most people I know, including Darby himself such as in the Darby swiss pillar I posted earlier, would refer to any section of a pipe having arms or pillars where smoke and water are simultaneously lifted upwards through the tube, hence yes just like the pillar section of the peyote pillar or 4 arm pillar. While it definitely functions at the base more like a syn showercap, the arms themselves divide and pull the water upwards. Now once again however, this is what I have learned through my two decades in this business, if Vertigo called it a stemless tree, I'll do them the respect of calling it that, but most of the time unless some moron just completely misses the concept of a perc entirely (jellyfish perc instead of tree perc anyone? Anyone besides me ever hear that??), theres no need for a correction. After all it isnt like theres any such thing as a stoner's merriam-webster.

12. You said "if it's that much different than an SG pillar than I might have to get one."or something along those lines. It's not "much different," it's a completely different design, albeit similar concept for part of it, and the amount of time you've spent collecting glass says NOTHING about your knowledge...just that you've bought a lot of bongs. And just to clarify the vertigo design in itself is VERY similar to the original 8 arm pillar design by Steve of SG. Also it's called a stemless tree perc because there is NO STEM connected to it from the side, fixed stem, or up the middle like in a double chamber design, upstem. Not just because vertigo calls it that...it's the simplest form of describing how it was assembled.

I would never usually comment like this in somebody else's glass thread but I really didn't agree with what was being said..I hope no offense was taken by what I've said as I meant none. Just trying to help inform the community as a whole..whether someone is new to the scene or a vet there is always something new to learn. And again, impressive collection.

13. #113 Glass Bastard, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2012
    Ok well this'll be the last thing I would like posted in the thread about it cause its kinda fruitless to debate. I simply defer any and all comments to what I just said before. I dont base my findings off of the fact I collect glass, I base it off the fact I've been following and studying it for twenty years. My experience comes from using them as well as knowledge directly from people I've hung around such as multiple glassblowers, including JP, and Darby themselves (and frankly if DARBY says something to me about glass I'll believe him over anyone). Yes I am aware of the difference between stemless/stemline/fixed-stem/upstem/upline, however these are also terms that have arose fairly recently and the same designs have changed over time. So I called it a pillar because some of the basic concepts are, as was said by others as well, similar. However this all seems kinda dumb for any of us to argue about. I hope its obvious from this debate as a whole that were all high end connoisseurs, and I feel were both more than amply educated on glass, we simply have one minor disagreement, and even that disagreement is settled, as I said as long as Vertigo calls it a stemless tree I'll do them the respect of calling it that.

14. Dude, some sick glass here man. Keep it up :smoke:

15. Oh, I didn't realize we had a master degree glassblower on our hands here that had the ability to denounce any type of classification at the drop of a hat.

What college did you go to for this unbelievable ability you have?

I kind of have this sneaking suspicion that you may just be another person who purchases bongs. And even if you are a glassblower, that doesn't give you the right to tell someone else their ideas are wrong. Want an example? Nobody yells at the car makers when they say they have an all electric car that just happens to also be driven by a gas-petrol engine. Nope, they just let them call their car an all electric one and everyone is on their merry way. (This is the Volt. Touted as an all electric range extending vehicle, when in reality it's just a hybrid.)

16. Oh sweet Jesus F'ing christ I am fucked up right now...I'll have video's why here shortly...maybe tomorrow morning or afternoon depending on how long the vid takes to render...Here's a hint though...the vid's titled "The 10 minute, $10,000, 10 scientific glass piece Gauntlet of Death"...

17. oh fuck

also can the others please argue in other threads

18. dayumm, and i thought ccc420 did the best gauntlets; your's will blow em away! :smoking:

19. Hot damn, that's glass worth more than my car. I cannot wait. On a side note, I retract my previous idea of suggesting you make a review channel. You should just charge admission to your closet of glass, as well as a per hit charge, and of course an insurance policy like none other.

20. Ha ha! If I knew how to insurance these bad boys in a non-medicinal state I would...