The Girl Who Silenced The World

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by SniperKitty, May 26, 2013.

1. She said she went fishing in her home Vancouver.  Her last name is Suzuki.  David Suzuki lives in Vancouver, is an environmentalist.  I've seen his house.

Are they related?

2. Great video. Sucks that people in the past did not hear the cries of the people in the past. People have been standing up against pollution, wars,and greedy bankers for decades. Now Earth has Garbage Island, Tons of space garbage, water ways are filled with peoples waste. The technology and knowledge to fix these problems exist. Just the money and motivation ceases to exist...

3. I hate to break it to you but America is less of a first world country and more of a shitty second world one.  Violence, corruption tons of gun problems, etc.  Its not a great place to live IMO.

The way we live and the way our government and our corporations live is two different things. You have to admit we are much better than the slums of India or Brazil regardless of the shittyness of our country.

You seem to be very adamant about this subject but you just speak in broad generalizations. Examples;
    " we need to change the way we run the country, forcing many to live in extreme poverty so that the first nations can have the raw materials needed for our lifestyles is not the way we can keep surviving on this planet." 
    Who are we forcing into extremem poverty, and how?

I'm sorry I was typing quickly, I meant we need to change the way we run the global economy. 

We are forcing many into extreme poverty, example: Indian farmers. Our big ag goes into India and forces by buying land or changing government policies the farmers to mono crop farm GM cotton crops. They can no longer feed themselves on their land and are forced to rent tractors, buy pesticides and fertilizers, and pay for irrigation and are ruined if a crop fails. In India the law says a debt dies with the man holding it, so when the farmers are forced into massive debt they commit suicide usually drinking the fertilizers they can no longer afford. This is just one example, there are many, sugar, cattle farms, oil, forests, clean water, if you have a resource we are there. That's why most of the south is so poor, it's colonial times today.

What resources are there enough for all of us? And how do we manage them properly, and what in the fuck are "the powers that be"... rofl.

Again, who is "them"? you have not once identified a subject matter this entire post.  What extreme problems have "we" created? Again, who are "we"? are you an american? an irishman? who?

Excuse me for not wanting to say "the government" or "the Illuminati" or whatever else to sound like a crazy person. I only speak the truth, so I leave the idea vague so people don't assume "conspiracy theorist!" off the bat. 

Resources: energy, shelter, food, water, housing, anything you need to have a decent human life. We have enough to give people a dignified life. The problem is there isn't enough money for all of it, and we need sustainable sources... in our economy there is no room for sustainable anything. What money would I make on tires that lasted forever, what money would I make on energy people can get for free, what money would I make on cars that don't break down or need gas, that could run on free energies? There is no money to be made, although the ability and technology has long been available.

We waste resources, all of us, we is all of us who are blind and still fine with the waste and over consumption we've grown used to. We as a whole have allowed this to happen and have remained ignorant to it. 

And does it matter if I'm an American or an Irishman? We all suffer together when the consequences inevitably happen to us. We can choose the change or it will be forced on us, either way something is going to change the human race. It's time to move past the industrial age, the systems that aren't working anymore, but humans always seem so resistant to change. 

4. #44 llllllllll, May 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2013

We humans have to start accepting the fact we are all of the same species. Some different than others, but we are all responsible for what happens to our planet. O.K. So religious fanatics wanna kill each other off, At least help keep the planet clean for future human beings to come...

6. That was beautiful and touching. Too bad it probably didn't change one mind in that room.

7. That was beautiful and touching. Too bad it probably didn't change one mind in that room.