The Gaza Freedom Flotilla 2 thread...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SmokinP, Jun 30, 2011.

1. So if I don't support the US government, I shouldn't purchase anything ever invented by an American.

Lol.

2. There you go again with your dismissal of facts. Which inventions were funded by the U.S. exactly? Your anti-Israel face is showing lol.....Israel is the country with the most PHd's per capita.

A large majority of countries in the world recieve aid from the U.S., Canada included. You might as well just say that every invention is American:rolleyes:

But I guess you could be called a hypocrite since you most likely have a pc with an intel chip and use a cell phone.

3. lo -fuckin- l

israel gets MILITARY aid, genius.

4. Beck is a joke haha. Nah i dont boycott israeli products cuz im not anti israeli, im anti-israeli government policy. the only thing i dont generally eat is nestle food because there the largest in the world and because their main presence is on a settlement that palestinians were forced out of in 1948.

5. turns out im not the only one taking cheep shots and making hyperbole, and my good friend haaretz seems to be on the israel-is-at-fault-no-matter-what-bandwagon also: The boycott law subverts Israeli democracy - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

"This is a politically opportunistic and anti-democratic act, the latest in a series of outrageously discriminatory and exclusionary laws enacted over the past year, and it accelerates the process of transforming Israel's legal code into a disturbingly dictatorial document. It casts the threatening shadow of criminal offense over every boycott, petition or even newspaper op-ed. Very soon, all political debate will be silenced.

Knesset members who vote for this law must understand that they are supporting the gagging of protest as part of an ongoing effort to liquidate democracy. Such moves may be painted as protecting Israel, but in reality, they exacerbate its international isolation."

owait..

6. smokinp you in Palestine man?Let's hook up

7. #107 dudedude4, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2011
    So you want to prove you're just anti-Israeli government by boycotting israeli culture and goods, that have nothing to do with the govt? And why does israel still have 20% arab population if the palestinians were forced out in 1948?

and yes i did see that haaretz article and many more. i don't support that bill, like i said. regardless, israel is a democracy, and one stupid bill can't change it. The opposition is sending red flags to make sure that it doesn't keep going this way, at which point the hysterical cries of "NOT SO DEMOCRATIC NOW EHEHEHEHEH" would be more relevant than they are now. Many Israeli groups have already started defying the ban, and nothing has happened to them. this bill won't last long.

8. I boycott one thing for multiple reasons, partly also because Nestle does not follow the proper rules for free trade chocolate in ghana. I did not say every single arab person in all the land was forced out, i said that particular land is where some arabs were ethnic cleansed. also, not all arabs are palestinians? people obviously could move to israel from other places, or just be arab jews, or have returned from being kicked out. okay bud i never said theyre not a democracy, i pointed out something that is terribly undemocratic because you seem to be in love with the fairness and perfectness of israels laws. im glad the bill will be most likely stopped, but my post was against your (again) bullshit generalization of people who think it damages their democracy. you're almost worthless for conversation about this because all you do is misquote and misrepresent my positions to make me look bad and you look good. its embarassing really, just read what i say and then your representation of what i say. come on dude i know we can have a civilized discussion.

9. A Special Place in Hell-Israel News - Haaretz Israeli News source.

This law perhaps signals the beginning of the end for Israel.

I would urge anyone who is interested in the state of Israel to read through the article above and the law itself....

There is no going back now.

The countdown to madness has begun...

10. Yes there is... the bill just went to the supreme court, and the israeli attorney general said it is unconstitutional. For someone who pretends to be well-informed, you're slacking a bit. Or perhaps you just got a little too excited for your own good.

11. Don't worry, this is nothing compared to the Islamic laws that have been in place in the middle east for ages lol.

At least bills CAN be passed in Israel through a democratic process.

12. That is the brightside :). yea no doubt israel is better than others, but forreal this is a fucked up bill. reminds me oddly of the US...

13. Same old response J,

Well at least Israel is not as bad as insert Islamic country here ______.

I thought Israel saw itself as a western style country ?

14. Oh but it shows the thinking amongst Israelis at the moment if this kind of horror bill is palatable...

Then again this is the same government that has a fanatical extremist loo la as Foreign Minister so perhaps you are correct maybe i did over react...:rolleyes:

Netanyahu the Israeli leader is pushing this "ban" with all his might...

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diploma...ott-law-reflects-democracy-in-israel-1.373058

And people wonder why there is not peace ?
    With extremists like this steering the ship no wonder Israel is in the hole it is...

Yet another hole in the coffin of the myth of Israel for those who have any sense...

15. There is no peace because of the right of return demand that I've explained to you numerous times. You tried to call bullshit on it, but the facts were against you, so you conveniently forgot. Must be nice to live in such a selective fantasy world.

16. #116 SmokinP, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2011

That is yours and the Israeli governments take/spin on the peace talks. The majority would have seen the facts and drawn other conclusions especially looking at the Israeli governments behaviour.

Well we will have to agree to disagree so sweetheart...:)
    We have played this out more times than Jesus has been eaten at Catholic masses...

What is the mood on the streets of Israel regarding this monstrosity of a "ban" ?
    Any correct thinking Israeli with a braincell must be disgusted and dismayed at this...

17. You're not implying that this is the sole reason for no peace or even the biggest reason are you? I would say that the deaths on both sides do more damage than a right to return... yes?

18. Greeks see the light...

'Gernika' is now free

http://www.freedomflotilla.eu/en/path-to-gaza

Justice prevails...

19. Well look at the offers that the Palestinians were given in 2000 and 2008. Full sovereignty in 97% of the West bank and all of Gaza, as well as all of East Jerusalem as a capital. It was rejected because for decades, the Palestinian leadership has been brainwashing its youth, via the educational system and the state media that ALL of Israel belongs to solely Arabs. The right of return is a demand which would turn Israel into yet another majority Arab state, none of which in the whole world has succeeded in being democratic or free in any way, Palestine included (Abbas's term expired in 2009). There are obviously other issues, but none as fixed, and none as demanded with such ferocity, as the Palestinian demand to in-effect dismantle Israel by flooding it with the few remaining 1948 refugees, and their 5 million descendants, who quite obviously should resettle in the newly-established Palestine, as most of them have never even been to Israel. the whole point of 2 states for 2 peoples is, well, 2 states for 2 peoples. The so-called demand of right of return would be the opposite of that, and that's no good for everyone.

20. And this is coming from you, someone who has never been to Israel nor the region....:rolleyes:

Israel has a lower crime rate than most EU countries, as well as the same (or even better) standard of living. You're clearly just doing a smear campaign based off one article you found of a bill that hasn't even been passed yet....

And what "hole" is Israel in exactly? It has a steady GDP growth in nearly all it's industries, it's enjoying record tourism....Not riots and civilian murders committed by their own governments as is happening with it's neighbors.

Israel was the first country in the Middle East to allow Muslim women to vote....

Now instead of focusing on the most successful country on the Middle east, why don't you highlight the daily hardships of Muslim women in Gaza and the middle east?