The future of gaming?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Cold Play, Aug 6, 2012.

1. So I was wondering... What you guys think is in store for the world of gaming? With newer features and mechanics constantly coming out it seems that the technology of video games is already drastically increasing in only a decade.

Lets say we fast forward 50 years (to 2062)...
    (These answers are obviously just predictions)

• What are the biggest changes that have happened too the video game industry?
    • Are there any new gaming styles or controls (for example, new controllers, no controllers, virtual reality)
    • Will any new genres be invented? (new types of fantasy etc...)
    • Based on current trends in the industry what do you think will be the progression timeline between 2012 and 2062?

Or any other prediction you think could be likely in the future!

2. Virtual gaming at some point. More consoles with newer futures.

The gaming industry as a whole isn't doing very well ATM so it's hard to say.

3. I'm not sure if gaming (at least console wise) has sort of became less popular and not as enjoyable, or if it's just the fact that I'm getting older and it's less interesting than it was back in the day. Maybe I've just lost touch with my 'gamer' side..:confused_2:

It could also be the lack of good games coming out as well, at least until later this year when Halo 4 and AC and other games come out.

Console gaming is definitely not dead, but it's on the table and needs resuscitating and the gaming industry can save it by coming out with some new games or a new device, something that will blow a gamers mind.

Just my thoughts..

4. console gaming is less enjoyable as it used to be.. maybe its because i got tired of playing different versions of the same game....

give me some cs1.6 and im more happy than xbox live has ever made me.

5. I believe pc gaming to be the future.

Not necessarily "pc" in the traditional sense, but sooner or later our whole home might be integrated with a computer far more powerful than our desktops today.

What not use it for gaming too?

I think all of our electronic needs will be consolidated to one, maybe two devices.

6. I see a lot of freemium games in the future. Hell almost every game for iPhone is all freemium junk. Look at diablo 3. You can grind dozens of hours away for a piece of armor or spend a few bucks in the RMAH. Sadly games are catering more to casual gamers who don't want to work for equipment. I can see both sides but games are becoming more gear dependent, with lower drop rates, making it harder to stay competitive without spending real money.

7. Everything entertainment, games, movies, and music, will shift to virtual, on demand, and cloud services.

There will be no more consoles, only smaller/faster PCs and tablet style devices. The console will be replaced with a small set top box that will pipe all these services to your display. Television sets may even come with gaming services built-in. Imagine being able to access the PSN if you are using a Sony TV, to play and download games, etc.

8. GTA 15: Revenge of the aliens , everything is in space, cars are hover cars and all the houses have their own bubble type thing over them on their own metour type thing.

and you just run up in and fuck shit up as a guy in a space suit with a lazer gun and jack peoples whips.

and the humans fight aliens and crazy shit alike

and COD 57: Most Modern Warfare 6 will be released also. its gonna be crazzyyyyy

after 2023 COD will have 5 companies making new ones every year releasing a new COD every two months for 50$ a pop.

9. well regardless of what the future has too offer I sure hope COD doesn't live to see its 57th game.