Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The Future For Us Stoners?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by RobzzzTeee, Jan 20, 2011.

1. I was thinking about this while high (thinking time :smoke:) and was wandering what will happen later on when new technology is discovered?

The way I see it, say 100 years from now there's either gonna be a discrimination on weed throughout many countries as the public is getting more aware of marijuana instead of the propaganda bull used before.. Or there will be a stronger war on drugs, as police will have better, improved equipment and might have an eye on everything, everywhere, at-least in developed countries anyway, and could almost wipe out marijuana = less use of weed = no market?
    Im praying dealers/growers keep up with the Gov. and use this too keep 'em cops away..

And what about different methods of getting blazed, instead of bongs, pipes, blunts etc. Maybe they will discover a way too get it into drink? Injecting marijuana? (eww) Or even mentally getting high off it, sounds crazy but this could happen. :p

Anybody have any thoughts on what they think?

2. Or government will break down and surrender to the facts and get on with legalization.

3. Soo hope this happens man! I think this is most likely too happen.. Ahh it hurts too not be living as a future stoner! :(

4. It would not be politically correct for authorities to monitor our every move, it would never be allowed for obvious reasons and if it ever did occur, I'm sure that there would be a huge revolt against it. The war of drugs is not going to get any stronger, the world is becoming more and more liberal. Heck, even legalisation may be on its way during this century, I think there's a relatively large possibility it will happen during our lifetime.

Prohibition is failing and it will always fail, regardless of the technology. The vast majority of politicians have comprehended this and the world is generally becoming more and more liberal and accepting marijuana use more. Also, for the rest of the time it's around, marijuana's primary consumption will be through smoking as it has been for the last 5000 years or so. Although, people will undoubtedly create revolutionary paraphernalia which will probably have a greater THC intake.

5. I jizzed when reading this, great answer! 100% agreed

6. You seem bright, Could you guess how long it will be till marijuana will be legalised in say Europe and USA?

7. i'm not too sure about europe, but it's already legalized in amsterdam. as for here in the states, there's already been steps taken to legalize it. more and more states are allowing access to medical marijuana, and last fall california put marijuana legalization on the ballot only to have it turned down with a 45% to 55% vote. but hey, it was on the ballot nonetheless and that is a HUGE step in the right direction. give it 15 years and you'll see significant progress.

once the states legalize it, England will follow...they always do :)

8. atleast we should be hear too actually smoke illegally and legally..

haha i guess us following you will actually lead us too some good? haha jk man :smoke:

9. If I'm personally honest, the argument for legalisation is not all that strong. Although a lot of the population generally have neutral or positive perspectives on marijuana use, it would take a relatively long time to legalize it. I'm not sure when and I'm not sure how, but I'm pretty sure it will happen.

Most governments have acknowledged the lack of success the war on drugs has and are well aware that the negative aspects of cannabis are largely emphasized and that it's mainly propaganda. It'll most likely take a while for Europe as a whole to decriminalize/legalise marijuana, but the US will most likely start the trend off first. It's already been established that prohibition of marijuana is wasting away money and it would be better to allow people to pay less attention to the marijuana trade or in fact legalize it in order to get rid of dealers and create a taxation system to give the economy a financial boost. If this rough economy continues, who knows what the government might have to do to raise a few extra bucks? Bare in mind that marijuana is the USA's #1 cash crop and could raise a hell of a lot of money.

10. You got nothing to worry about, cannabis will be legalized soon. It will be decriminalized here in CA in 2012, then other states will follow. We just need patience and continue our fight against ignorance.

11. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa36Q8jfKAg[/ame]

12. Is it seriously getting decriminalized in Canada in 2012?! I heard nothing of this! That's genuinely amazing. That means that global decriminalization/legalisation of the herb will come around sooner than I predicted!

13. I think he means California, and I think he also means legalized instead of decriminalized.

14. I can very much see either Cali or Canada starting the legalisation 'trend' :smoke:

15. We'll be taking bong rips......

.....in flying cars.

:hippie:

:cool:

16. Way I see it with medical marijuana we have 15/50 state have it legalized so far? Another 11 states (25/50) They will have to legalize medical marijuana federally because thats the vast majority of the USA. Once Medical Marijuana is legalized Federally it won't be long until it gets really legalized. I give it 10-15 years.

17. legalization. :) thats what i see

18. The day when legalisation comes will probably be the BEST day of my life! I swear i once had a wet dream of this :smoke:

19. I'd love legalisation but it wouldn't make much of a difference to me. If I want to smoke pot I will do so, prohibition can do fuck all about it. I've never been hassled by the cops either, so it's all good. But at least it will be more accessible, cheaper and accepted more!

20. very true