Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The fucking prices these days...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by WherezMyLighter, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Last night, I went over to my old roommate Tim's place to hangout. We decided to look for some dank, but I didn't have anyone's number. I copped a new phone, and was in a rush when I got it, so instead of transferring over all my contacts, I just transfered over the numbers of my close pals, family, and connects in the town I live in now - which coincidentally, is not the town I was in last night. So I left finding the green up to my homeboy. He doesn't smoke much, so he just called friend that he knows are smokers. About an hour later, all he can find is 30 a G shit. You heard me right, $30 a GRAM. So he tells the guy that to ready up an 8th, and we'll call him when we're ready. So 20 minutes of further searching, I tell my bro to call Mr. 30-a-G back. The guy picks up, and my friend passes me the phone.

"Hello?" He says.
    "Hey man, this is Ethan, Tim's friend."
    "Oh, what's goin' on dude?"
    "Nothing. Listen, with all due respect, 30 bucks a gram is ridiculous, and no one has ever had the audacity to overcharge me to that extent, so don't worry about weighing' out that 8th for me. Hate to throw you through a ringer but Tim told you to get the sack ready before he told me the price."

Then, a long, awkward pause...

"Ok dude, you sound like a vet here, and 30 a G is pretty steep. I'm trying to make some money for some family things, and this just popped up. I got that 8th ready, and I'll throw it your way for $50. I just need to flip this shit."

I look at my friend, smile, grab the keys, and walk out.

"Ok dude, Tim's gonna show me the way to your house, be there in a minute."

Anyone else having problems with prices lately? I didn't realize how bad it got until i was away from my connects.

2. Way to stick up for yourself man, even if he was using it for "family" related things 30 a gram is a real hefty price

3. Prices are brutal for sure!

I'm lucky to be able to make friends with almost everyone I meet.

I pay $10/g for absolutely wonderful shit. Although it wasn't always like that. :(

Growers and distributers need to make money in this economy too.

4. I guess I'd say yes and no as far as prices being insane these days. Three years ago, when I got into smoking, I was paying 60 an eighth for dank because I only ever copped eighths. Then it decreased to around 15 a g when I bought even more. In the last year, my connect told me he was moving away and he gave me his friend's number. Same prices, she copped from the same connect as my old boy matt. anyway, she also moved away like 3 months later haha, but this time I got their connect. It's 12.50/g now, which I guess is kind of expensive in the long run, but I'm happy :D

5. Man, I've never really had trouble getting a good bit of tree cheaply. I can usually get a quarter for 20$. Last pick up I made was an 1/8th for 20$, not bad, but me regular hookups all bailed on me, lol.

6. #6 WherezMyLighter, Feb 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2009
    I donno man, I mean, my main connect is straight. Been buying purp quads once a week, weekly for about a year from this dude, he's straight. Not an asshole, no drama, safe, friendly, etc.

Then I venture into a different town, and it's like a fucking zoo. Shady little beach-bums all tryin' to sell me "AK" and shit for 90 an 8th. When I'm like "No, an 8th of AK is 60 - tops." And this random kid will go off on some "Economy lecture" bullshit.

My homeboy looked at me the other day in the car and says "Do you remember when you could get great mids for thirty a quarter?" I just thought about it - seems like so long ago. I have some of the best connects in this town, no shit. When you operate under a net of some of the better distributers, all ranging from living-with-mom-collecting-food-stamps type dudes, to upscale-city-apartment-thanks-to-ridiculous-settlement kinda guys. All the prices are just getting rough. The prices might flare up a bit occasionally, but it'll return to it's lower state, but it just seems to be increasing and stopping but nothing else, as of late. This is an exception of the previously state purp oasis, of course.

Just kinda sucks.

7. dude i know wat u mean, this bitch just tried to charge me 200 bucks for 40gs of beasters...

i usually pay atleast 60 an eighth of the best bud from my dealer tho, thats only cuz it has to be driven to me from btown

8. your alright brah,
    everyone goes through their tough times to get the herb.
    it WILL get better though, it always does.

9. #9 evanmerriam, Feb 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2009
    mostly matters what kind a nugg ur getn....... if ur getn crypt shit: $20-40=g; $30-50=1/2 track; $50-70=8th; $150-170=1/2 Oz.; $300-350=1 Oz.; $1500-2000=1/2 Pound; $3000-4000=1 Pound....... If ur getn schwaggle tooth: $5-15=g; $15-25=1/2 track; $35-50=8th; $100-150=1/2 Oz.; $200-300=1 Oz.; $1400-1700=1/2 Pound; $2600-3300=1 Pound
    :smoking:
    I get fat hook ups tho.... i get all my crypt shit for about 10-20 dollars cheaper than the first price listed.:D

10. 200 dollars for 40 grams of beasters is alot? around here the cheapest beasters EVER go for are about 250/oz...i dont see what your complaining about...

11. Man, i bet that $40 a g herb smokes quite nicely.

12. my spot goes cryp for 20-25 for a gram 25-35 half eighth 50-65 eighth 100-120 1/4 200-210 1/2 400-450 1 Ounce

13. yea i usually get that $40 dollar nugg for about $20.... but lately hes been charging me about $25 hahah