The force is stong Obiwan OG

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Nugz626, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Image1518324873.798882.jpg No bugs this time around, neem treatments once a week. I did run into pm but neem and green cure took care of that.had issues with soil. Happy frog and ocean forest 50/50 mix with added lava rock.. little hot... all 4 were burned. I flushed and grimes back. There happy now and growing great.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Image1519608327.205970.jpg

Man these babies are growing up fast. Maybe 1 more week before I topdress and switch. I have castings, hummus, kelp, neem, crab, and azomite. If there’s anyone out there who has experience with topdressing, send me some pointers! I don’t want to fry them.

3. Taking away an hr every day until I get to 12. Then I’ll put up a 2nd net for stability and we’re off! Image1520742955.204985.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Looking good, they look a little hungry compared to the Feb. 26th pic. I'm not familiar with top dressing, but i know compost teas. I'd suggest either that or a little Fish Fertilizer could help. Might check your runoff ph just to be safe.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Funny, I gave them a low dose of fish fert tonight, I was thinking the same thing. Gonna see what happens and if I need a stronger dose I’ll brew up a nice tea. Thanks for looking out!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Switched them on the 13th. Giving them some kelp tea tonight. 1qt each plant. They seem to like that amount more then a half gal.. Image1521127004.030698.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. They certainly look happier! Color improving and the leaves are reaching upward more :)

It appears you could have gotten fifth plant in there. If you plan a second run in the space you might try squeezing one more in center somehow.

Lots of tops there as it is though, looks like a setup to a good flowering run!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Last time this strain doubled in hight, I am counting on that again, so I can pull some long ones toward the center. Like you said though I probably could of had another in there.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ah, ok. I don't use a trellis myself, that makes sense though.

10. Image1521249139.346920.jpg they’re loving life and starting to stretch

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ran into the same problem I had last grow. Fungus gnats... Back right plant was drooping real bad and I saw them bastards flying around the soil. I know the larvae is munching on the roots causing this. Did a drench last night with a couple drops of tanlin, along with a nicely brewed tea. Hung some more traps. Image1521852517.232774.jpg They all look way better today. Image1521852378.618176.jpg

12. Just dropping in - looks good in here!

Am I seeing wrong or do you not have a mulch layer? I ask because I had the same problem with gnats until I started using a thick mulch....that'd be a one-two punch along with those yellow cards. Also pointing a fan at the soil will keep them from landing and laying - they suck at flying

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

13. I have been drying my leaves and tossing them in. I want to use straw but I can’t get any that was grown organically.. would pesticides wear off after some time?? If is isn’t a problem I could drive down the road and get a bale for 2$

14. #36 PoiBoy79, Mar 25, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    Sure, plenty of pesticides breakdown, find out which ones were used and figure out their half lives. If you can't find a source you trust - go out and find some. Doesn't have to be straw mulch. I forage a lot of my mulch because I'm a cheapo. I live near some natural areas with invasive species and frontier plants, I just cut of any seeded parts and use stalks and leaves, I also use tree leaves, twigs, pine straw etc..
    You're just looking to create a thick breathable network covering the soil. It'll be like a maze that the gnats can't get through.

15. I’ll have to do that today.. I have place to get wild grasses and other dried up weeds and plants.. would I be risking bringing in mites or others?? It is still cold where I live..

16. If you're concered with that you can always pasteurize the mulch - place in cooler, pour boiling water, let sit for an hour...shake off and use.

17. Hell ya, thats some good info! That’s exactly what I’ll do, thanks!

18. Plants are happy, no sign of gnats. Got the mulch in the pots, yesterday I gave them all 2 qts of molasses and water. 1 wicking up from the bottom and one on top. Little overwatered but they perked up halfway through day. I found what I believe to be an aphid. I was checking out the plants and I saw something small and round on the top of a leaf, watched it for a bit and it started to walk around.. It’s the only one I found. Sprayed them as best as I could with some azamax, and ordered 1500 ladybugs. First time using them, pretty excited to see how they operate. Image1522202569.194352.jpg Image1522202578.174921.jpg Image1522202587.276515.jpg Image1522202596.427017.jpg

• Like Like x 1