The first times you smoked pot

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by StickyBudHound, Sep 9, 2018.

1. I say the first time"s" because there are certain identifiers you'll recall that were different along the way that are kind of like milestones in your historical knowledge about the wonderous marijuana plant. I thought this would be an interesting topic for this section. Here's my story.

I was born and raised in Iowa. My first experience with marijuana is as follows. In about 1979, my 2 best buds and I saw a bunch of Iowa ditch weed growing along an area we traveled on our bikes through a park. We promptly went home and got black garbage bags and proceeded to take as much of this plant we thought was marijuana as we could get. I think it really was mj but, it was absolutely awful and probably is on par with what hemp would taste like. I was 13 years old. We probably tried to smoke an oz st least of this crap and never got more than a headache.

A few years later, my parents divorced and I moved to Oregon with my mom. I started high school out here in the Portland area in 1982.

Wow, what a fucking trip Oregon is!! The high school has every possible group you've ever seen depicted in any 80s movie like Breakfast Club.

I fell in with people who listened to hard rock, Iron Maiden was my favorite, and smoked cigarettes and a lot of pot. The Portland area in 1983 through 85 actually had a pretty good supply of REALLY good pot! It was $30 an eighth but it was very good. I learned quickly that the shit in Iowa was exactly that, shit.

Fast forward 35 years, I can grow better pot after only 8 months of growing than I've ever purchased from any dealer before it was legalized here in Oregon and I have alway sought out exceptional pot. Mine is just as good as anything I can get from any recreational shop.

Self reliance brothers and sisters! That's where it's at!! Grow that shit!!

• Like Like x 3
  2. The first time I smoked I was 19 years old. I was a student at a University in Kansas. I had held off all my life because I was afraid of it being illegal and didn’t want to get caught, but when I went to school something changed. My ex broke up with me and I needed a way to make new friends... anyway, I was offered pot by some of my college friends, they weren’t very understanding of the fact that it was my first time.

The gave me a big bong to smoke out of, I took a huge rip!! I didn’t know how to smoke back then so I coughed so much that I thought I had ruptured a lung .

The high was incredible. It was wintertime And I was wearing my winter boots so my ankles were so warm but my legs were cold and my body was warm... but that first high came with a body high too! The difference in temperature made it so it felt like my feet weren’t underneath my legs... I fell down a few stairs and had to learn how to walk with spaghetti legs... it was the best high, my first high.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  3. My first time seeing weed or hash I was 14 with a mate in his mates bedroom they were a bit older than.
    They were doing buckets I think they get called gravity bongs in the USA.
    I sat an watch them then was offers one an went for it I swear I was so stoned before I let all the smoke out and coughed like a mofo lol it was crazy that one bucket fucked me uo till the next day

• Like Like x 2
  4. Late 70’s here, too - I remember hangin out with the “big kids” and they were ahead of me walk-in down the road and I smelled it and knew right away what it was - and that I wanted it -

There was a shit ton of heads in school back then. We had “smoking areas” in school and when the weather was bad everyone piled into the bathrooms - and although massive clouds would pour out into the hallways for some reason it didn’t even matter back then.

First time tho - And every day for the following year I was wasted as hell LOL

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lol, I remember. I was about 1994/95 or so; Friends place and I said fuck it, I'll try it. Ended up smoking for a while and having Dark Side of the Moon (typical) playing. That drive home though.. Had to drive by the police station.

6. The first time i smoked pot was in 1994.. i was 9.. my brother & I he was 10.. booooiiiiiiii i remember like it was yesterday lmao.. (stole it from mom)

• Like Like x 1
  7. 1967 it’s funny, 16 got some weed,it’s full of seeds, can I twist one?, not really.
    In bathroom at home, window open, hello.
    Now to lie down, stare at the ceiling, and contemplate the next 50 years. We had some gangster friends.(real gangsters) they kept bricks in freezer. Shit when we got desperate, you guessed it ditch weed. Not really it was some grass [​IMG]weed we found, we smoked about a lb. and
    decided it’s not weed[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I was 13 when I first smoked weed. It was back in Jamaica and I had already stopped going to school by then so I was at my cousins house.

He was a few years older than me but he was still my favorite cuz.

Anyway him and his friends where smoking from this really big Bong and he offered me to try it. I got high af that day lol it felt sooo good. I was spacin hard too lol.

After we got high my mother stopped by and iwas nervous she would yell at me or w/e so I hid behind the door the whole time she was there ctfu.

After she left we smoked some bowls too and then we went walking around and everyting was good. Its one of my best memories i have!

~Toni~

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. My first time was in the early/mid 90's when I was in my mid teens. My older brother and I were up on a hill on the outskirts of town in the back of a pick up. After smoking I said I don't think I feel anything. He said "feel your mouth" and I did, I hadn't realized I had a shit eating grin the whole time. We took some cardboard out of the truck and did some sledding on the dry grasses down the hill.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. 2003 for me I was 13, It was from a 2 litre bucket had about half off it, Was lovely hash/solid whatever you want to call it, Spent the rest off the day thinking the wall was looking at me and eating Haribos, Good times, Smoked ever since.

• Like Like x 1
  11. first time smoking weed was with my best friend who drove across the country to come visit me. i had already been smoking cigs for a while so i didn't cough much, but i remember how dry my mouth was and how bad it tasted to me. we smoked out of a bowl and i was so confused, all the holes confused me lol and she had to light it for me. fast forward a few minutes and i was literally incoherent and mumbling about how my whole head was flying away

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. I was 19 and hanging out with the stoner frat. After turning it down a few times I thought I'd give it a try. Took me a while to become a regular user but it's a match made in heaven.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Took me about 4 times before anything happened. It could have been because oregano just doesn't cut it.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. 1970 and it took me at least 3 times to realize i was stoned as the expectation was green lizards or whatever... lol
    This was in middle America farm country and at least a decade behind the E & W coasts... had to keep it on the down low yet in a few years it was common.

15. Let's see. Forgot the exact year but somewhere around 1999. I had this really cool neighbor. I was still a teen. Him and I an some of my friends would go fishing every so often. He was fun to be around and one day he had some pot. Not just any pot, but some seriously high-quality pot. I asked what it was, he told me, asked if I wanted to try some, said sure. It was delicious and made me feel great. Sometime later we were all fishing and he breaks out a big tobacco pipe packed to the brim with his top-notch weed. We all take our turns, we all get baked like a cake, we all forget about fishing. That was the day I fell in love with Cannabis, but I restrained myself because I live in a Cannabis-hostile state (it was much riskier then than now). My next smoke was around 2005 in California. More good weed. In California is where I first got super stoned. I didn't know weed could be so potent, so I smoked quite a lot of it fairly quickly not thinking much about it. Next thing I know I'm glued to the couch watching a pirate movie (that I remember nothing about other than I liked it), texting my wife of the time then getting pissed when she texted back for "killing my buzz" (I had forgotten I texted her and was thinking she was pestering me lol). Midway through I tried to get up to walk to the bedroom, about ten feet away. It felt like some wonderous adventure through some forest and by the time I made it to the bedroom, I had forgotten why I was going there. Another neverending journey back to the couch. Six hours before I could unglue myself from the couch fully.

After that, I decided to lay off the weed for a while, but ended up moving shortly after back home. I ended up meeting this crazy but lovable guy from up north. Total pothead. Next thing I know, he's getting me baked on low-quality weed. He smokes literally every day he can afford it. All day, every day. After some connections, I can now get weed fairly safely, it's just nothing like the quality I've had in the past. He's now in Colorado for the time being staying with friends there and probably being stoned 24/7.

I'm a bit of a light smoker. Maybe a gram a week. Mostly for medical reasons. However, if I had access to quality herb for a reasonable price, I'd probably be smoking a lot more. The good stuff is so enjoyable.

16. My first time, I was 11 and me and my friend were walking around my apartment complex, and some guy that just moved in called out to us and was like "u guys smoke tree?" and i said nah and my friend said not yet, so the guy asked if had any money, but we didn't, so he said "okay hold on" and he went inside and came back out with a cigarette container and like a gram of weed in it, so we took it and went into my other friends apt. And we went into the bathroom and turned the shower on as hot as it could get, and turned on the fan and we smoked in his bathroom lmao

Sent from my LG-M153 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. i was sixteen when i first smoked pot, didn't smoke again until a few months later. when i was in school i liked doing "other drugs", but took off smoking weed my senior year in school. i now use it to sleep, and help with drug cravings. takes my mind off using.

18. My 1st was when I was 14, the year was 1972 & it was some really good hash. I got so wasted that my friend had his older sister call my parents with a story. She told my parents that they had an extra pass to Six Flags Over Texas amusement park & they were leaving early the next day. She said my parents thought it was a good idea if I just stayed overnight with them.

I smoked hash all night & most of the next day. By sundown, I was a pro!:apache:

19. It was like the third time smoking (all on the same day though) when I tripped over a log banged my head and lay unconscious in a bush for a while

20. My homie kept telling me to put his toaster back and I was like "I didn't use your toaster!"
    I mean, I did, but like, that's the joke.
    I was really, really, REALLY high that day.