The feelings that come with a life changing event

Discussion in 'General' started by s3v loves you, Apr 24, 2012.

1. You know how you feel when you're about to start a new chapter in your life? Nervous, anxious, scared, happy, excited? Whether it be graduating high school, starting college, ending a relationship, or starting your career, we've all been there.

I go to boot camp in less than 2 weeks, and I gotta say, I'm scared shitless. At the same time, I'm incredibly excited because I'm living out my dream. This has been my goal since I was 14, and I've almost reached it. I can only imagine how I'm going to feel when I leave..

2. Experience is key to everything, learn from these feelings so the next time you are more confident in new things later in life, good luck. Marines?

3. [quote name='"silentbob71"']Experience is key to everything, learn from these feelings so the next time you are more confident in new things later in life, good luck. Marines?[/quote]

Navy. Haha, I'm nowhere in good enough shape to be a Marine, although I would love to switch over at some point. Maybe when my first contract is up

4. Have fun joining the military and being part of the problem. Hopefully you wont be drafted onto the streets of America shooting protesters.

Fight for your country.... :p

5. [quote name='"Skunky Monkey"']Have fun joining the military and being part of the problem. Hopefully you wont be drafted onto the streets of America shooting protesters.

Fight for your country.... :p [/quote]

I knew someone was gonna give me shit lol. I'm well aware of the problems/corruption, but this is my dream. Besides, the Navy's just a bunch of queers, everyone knows that :D

6. Congrats man. Make the best of a new situation. Think of all the places you will get to see once you head out to sea.

7. That's a badass dream

8. Hell yeah bro, if I went into the service I would work my ass of and try to become a Seal. Or any other special forces like rangers, recon etc.

9. Yes they're like epiphanys!!! So powerful