Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

The Fed is Cracking

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CannabisInCanada, Jun 9, 2009.

1. #1 CannabisInCanada, Jun 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2009
    They've recently hired a former Enron lobbyist to improve their public image and there has been reports of Ben Bernanke personally meeting with congressmen who have not signed on to this bill! On top of that, the pressure is working, Ben recently backed off his banks' most recent diabolical idea.

This is them on damage control... it can't work!

Do you want this tyrannical secretive private bank to continue operating unchecked? At all?

There is 200 COSPONSORS for HR 1207! At 217 we have more then half of congress already COSPONSORING the bill so it is forced out of the committee it is currently being detained in and forced to a vote.

Check here to see if your rep has signed on.

Contact these two key representatives about the bill (if you want to help):

Good luck, America. :)

2. I sent the letter to my locals![​IMG]

3. Duncan Hunter is a cosponsor. Kind of interesting.

4. I been senting emails to jared polis and still nothing from him. :mad: I been doing this for 2 months straight. I'm been informing people about hr1207 and most of them don't really care, well refuse to know the truth so.

5. I just remind people that money doesn't grow on trees.

If they say, "no shit", I say, do you know who prints your money?

6. #7 wackdeafboy, Jun 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2009
    Damn!! Only one person in colorado is supporting the bill. How fucked up is that?!

edited: Finally 2 people are joining this bill. 6 more to go. :/

7. Everyone should write their Representative about this

Even if they already signed on, send them a thank you letter.

If not, tell them you will do all you can to campaign against them and show their true light in 2010.

8. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEJL2Uuv-oQ]YouTube - Schoolhouse Rock- How a Bill Becomes a Law[/ame]

9. Feds will be shut down if it was audit.

I'm guessing that feds might shut it down if the bill is about to pass to the law so that the feds won't have to tell us anything about it.

10. 209 keep fighting!

11. Dear :

Thank you for contacting me regarding HR 1207, The Federal Reserve Transparency Act. I appreciate your thoughts and concerns about this issue.

HR 1207 has been referred to the House Committee on Financial Services. The bill would reform the way the Comptroller General of the United States audits the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.

Following how our money is spent is an important issue. That is why one of the first votes I took as a new Member of Congress was on HR 384, the TARP Reform and Accountability Act. This bill closes loopholes, increases transparency of the money released by TARP, and provides guidance for money that our new Administration will be spending. In addition, the money from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act can be tracked through the website: Recovery.gov. I am also very supportive of the House budget resolution that calls for results through performance based management. The American people deserve to know how their tax dollars are spent and I am happy to support this unprecedented level of transparency.

As HR 1207 makes its way through the legislative process, I will follow it closely and ensure that the intent of the bill remains focused on fiscal accountability. I will take your concerns into consideration prior to any action.

Thank you again for contacting me and should you have any further questions or concerns, please contact my office by calling (202) 225-5711 or 1-877-301-KURT. To keep updated on my activities and to contact me through email, please visit my website at: Congressman Kurt Schrader : Home.

Sincerely,

Z

KURT SCHRADER

Member of Congress

12. Is this guy trying to make it seem like HR 384 was a good thing? I feel like his reply letter is trying to dupe me into thinking he is doing "what is right" though Im not certain what is right are his intentions.

13. FUCKING JARED!!! :mad: Still not responding to my message.

I'm going vote you out, jared. For being a bitch.

14. If they really wanted to they could pull out all the stops and stop injecting money and collapse the economy before the bill reached the floor. Something not so funny, but it could happen to save their asses.

15. Representative Joseph Quang Cao (R - 02) 202-225-6636

tell him you are a constituent calling from New Orleans

it is VERY important that you tell him you are a constituent, otherwise they will not pay any attention to your phone call

this guys a republican so there's a better chance that he'll co-sponsor

16. This is what happens when people say they want something, but hope for something else.