Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The FEAR

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Sasho, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Hello seasond tokers,

I have been getting the fear recently when I smoke, im talking about the unsolvable shakes and near death excperience that comes with a bad trip, from smoking! I can't seem to solve it so I havent been smoking for awhile, has anyone had a similar excperience and know how to solve it?

Stu

2. whoa whoa vergina?! ohio you by anychance know kids at uc?!

anyway, your most likely having a panic attack... are you sure its from smoking. if it is id reccomend smoking a steady ammount if you want to continue your smoking career. alot of people reccomend taking a break, but i found that that really only amplifies the fear, and not confronts it. just my 2 cents bro, have a nice day. shoot me a PM man, you may know some peeps that i do.

3. Ive had that but it ended up that I had an anxiety disorder. I solved the problem by doing "mental exercizes". You just need to accept that nothing bad will happen to you and you need to learn how to control your mental dialouge. Once you do that you will realize that the fear is not real and it will stop.

Next time that this happens to you just look at something around you and mentaly describe it in extreme detail. The distraction will calm you down.

4. great advice, same happened to me. i have GAD and Social anxiety. i just tell myself "youll be fine, your gonna be alright. just hang in there" and i snap myself out of it.

5. You guys are good peeps, I've tried confronting this beast, but will give it another chance with this info. Thanks.

6. Wow, ive had this too its weird, it will be there and then if i get my mind on something else ill snap out of it. I've had it alot. i think looking at something and describing it in detail will be a good way to stop it, thanks i usually just am like dont worry. at one point i was really trippin out then this guy on tv starting playing "dont worry be happy" and im like im happy and i snapped out of it. Is it from the phsycological affects from marijuana?

7. i have GAD. I find music helps me the most, put on your favorite chill song and try to lose yourself in it. Getting fresh air seems to snap me out of an attack also.

8. Just say to yourself "Im tripping, it will be over in a bit"

9. Id say its more like the long term psychological affects of living in a crappy society. Tons of things have been proven to create anxiety in people such as: television, driving, consumerism, overworking, advertisements, and so on. When you take people from the slow moving agricultural based life and in few generations turn that into a fast moving consumer based system your going to screw some people up. We werent meant to be stimulated by bullshit 24 hours a day, it ties your brain in a knot.

If its just a once in a while weed smoking thing then your just getting a little paranoid, weed does that some times.

10. Once a drug gives you the fear, its difficult to get rid of.

11. thats usually only becouse phsycalogically your blamming it 100% on the drug you took at the time of the panic attack.

12. :hello:
    This is exactly what i do when i start to freak out. I just tell myself "you can't die from weed dumbass" over and over untill it stops.

Also change the setting and make sure you are relaxed and in a familiar place. With any drugs that have a "trippy" aspect to them the wrong setting can wreck your night ;) Also if you take Waaaay more than you are used to or get some killer weed it also tends to cause it more often.

So
    1. Get ahold of yourself. it's just irrational fear
    2. Don't over do it
    3. Smoke in a calm familiar setting

If those 3 don't help you may just have an anixaty disorder. If you do mastering 1 will fix it high or not.
    Weed can take the mental training wheels off so to speak. It can aid in fixing things or you might just freak out and never learn to controll it. All depends on the person.

13. Last year on a 3 hour road trip I smoked 4 big bowls of shwag (not mine, bad idea) then 2 bowls of good nugs and I was fuckin scared shitless man. I had the shakes and my head felt like it was gonna explode. Everything I saw made me feel this horrible sense of panic/anxiety. That lasted for more than a couple hours, then I smoked a chillum of nugs the next day and got the same thing on the way back. Luckily for me I've never experienced that shit again, just try put yourself past and above the fear. The human brain is extremely powerful, people can hype something up so much in their head that it translates to real life fears and other conditions. I'm high and rambling like a motherfucker. Good luck friend.

14. Man good to hear that the mental exercises worked for you guys! Didn't do anything for me. I have kinda major problems and am heavily medicated lol. so all is well. It sounds to me like you might have a problem sasho, i would take bliz's advice and keep going.

15. Yeah I was talking more like hardcore drugs, I've never been given the fear by weed.

16. its easy to deal with if your with friends.

17. Same here. It may take some time to get over but you can control it. Its all mental. Nothing bad can come of it. Its a fear to no actual threat.

18. I know exactly what you mean man. Panic attacks on weed are definitely not fun, especially if you have a real reason to panic. If you're having a panic attack for no reason (like you're just sitting there and you start freaking out thinking your friends hate you or something weird like that), just eat some food. That always grounds me because I get absorbed in the pleasures of eating and I forget about everything else. Then the bag of chips runs out. Then I get reallllll thirsty and have to drink a gallon of water :)