The Fall of Troy

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by freakishgnome, Jan 10, 2009.

1. #1 freakishgnome, Jan 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2009
    So browsing through here I notice there hasn't been much said about this band, but good god they are absolutely amazing. I want to bring them to everyone's attention because the way they make music is unlike anything I've ever heard.

It's only three dudes but they sound absolutely huge. Thomas Erak, their guitarist/vocalist, is one of the greatest musicians of all time in my book. I mean, listen to this:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXAK_WuHyqs"]YouTube - Chapter 2: A Strange Conversation -The Fall of Troy (Lyrics in description)[/ame]
    This is off their newest re-recording of their Ghostship EP, called Phantom on the Horizon. This one gets pretty nuts right before the end, haha.

Here's another gem, classic FOT:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KeRCnjUhxE"]YouTube - Fall of Troy - Wacko Jacko Steals the Elephant Mans Bones[/ame]

Basically, they have so much different stuff you just gotta check it all out. You'll find something that catches your fancy and fall in love with the rest.

Also, they put on pretty much the best live show I've ever seen, if they're anywhere near you it'd be a crime to not go see them

2. They opened for RX Bandits and man were they disappointing. I really like some of their recordings, and then I heard them live and it was just awful. 20 minutes of nonstop screaming and shredding... I didn't recognize one thing they played.

3. I've like their stuff
    F.C.P.S.I.T.S.G.E.P.G.E.P.G.E.P for when i'm feeling mellow

F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. For when i'm feeling energetic:D

4. #4 rumandromanism, Jan 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2009
    If you think this guy is one of the greatest musicians of all time, you SERIOUSLY need to get your ears checked.

What about Bach, Duke Ellington, Stravinsky, John Coltrane, Jimi Hendrix, Mozart, Wayne Krantz?

give me a break.

5. The Fall of Troy = AMAZING

They are on the top 5 of my fav bands. I've seen them in concert 2 times and both times were awesome.

Glad other people like their style.
    Its hard to find a great, non-mainstream band.

6. #6 Yoke-LS, Jan 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2009
    Agreed 100%

I would say they are relatively mainstream, emo kids eat that shit up.

7. Maybe if you expanded your horizon and stopped listening to music made for 15 year olds, you would find out that there is in fact a MYRIAD of good underground music.

But hey, who am I to judge. Continue listening to your "post-hardcore" or whatever it is that you gotta tell yourself to sleep at night.

8. Truth.

hahahaha.

9. theres not much said because 95% of people on here with good taste think this is crap.

10. tfot is amazing. i saw them in the summer of 08 i think with Foxy Shazam, The Deer Hunter, and Tera Melos. all bands youd like if you like tfot.

11. The self-titled was okay and Doppelganger was amazing but I'm not too big on the newest CD.