Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

the facts

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by stoop, Jul 8, 2010.

1. I have done countless hours of research online on the effects of cannabis on the body good and bad. I personally believe canabiss has no worse negative effect on the body then anything you do in life. But now im seeing MEDICAL articles that say one joint is as bad for you as a pack of cigs. is this true? All im asking for is some real facts

2. I've heard that the MIXTURE of tobacco and mj can be really harmful, but by itself i've heard that its not harmful at all. I think i've read somewhere that mj can stub your growth? idk if thats true though...

3. well i never mix, and thats interesting ive never heard the stub your growth thing

4. There are carcinogens in marijuana. However, it's commonly believed that THC and other cannabinoids keep cancerous cells from growing. Tobacco is riddled with harmful chemicals and marijuana is not, that's all you need to know.

5. The drying of your throat thing really only happens if you smoke aLOT without anything to drink, then like sleep for 8 hours. In terms of the 2 joints equal to a pack of cigs thing? Thats just stupid and not true. As long as you don't smoke spliffs..?

6. thank you so thats how stupid anti-smokers can say weed causes cancer when really they just ccancel each other out?

7. It's not known if they cancel each other out, just that both conditions exist.

However, the reward of marijuana more than outweighs the risks.

8. I've packed bud into a empty cigarette roll used for making your own cigs, and the filter gets a lot browner then it does when you smoke a regular cig, but I think that the shit in your lungs from weed breaks down a hell of a lot faster than weed. Anyone want to enlighten me on this. Not saying it's worse than cigs, cause I know for sure it isn't - but why does the filter get darker.

9. Hah, next time your hitting a pipe, grab a paper towel or a piece of toilet paper and blow the smoke through it, first with a cigg then some weed and check out the difference.

10. I dont get it?

11. Exhale the smoke with a paper towel over your mouth so the smoke goes through the paper.

12. My friend uses a paper towel roll stuffed with scent moniter wipes to blow through to kill the smell of weed when we smoke, we've seend them brown up lighter than the filter is. So I'm curious, the filters darker when you smoke it - but than when you blow it it's lighter.

True though that's also a good point.

13. i get that part i just dont get the part of him saying with the cig

14. He's saying if you exhale through a paper towel a weed hit, than smoke a cig and exhale the cig will be darker, I think.

But that doesn't really answer my question, the weed hits through a cig filter darken the filter faster than a cig hit will - and when you blow out the cig smoke is darker, so does the weed deposit more on your lungs.

I'm not saying it's bad for you, as I stated I know cigs are but why would it be darker on enhale, lighter on exhale - when cigs are lighter on inhale and darker on exhale.

My brain is asking pointless questions again.

15. #15 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Jul 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
    Cannabis has more tar, but it also works like cough syrup in that it helps expel the crap in your lungs easier, but without the bad side effects.

Watch The Union in Google video.

Tobacco is currently the #1 killer in the US.

Check out drugwarfacts.org/cms/node/30http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/node/30

16. When you smoke anything for periods of time you paralize the cilia that line your lungs. These cilia help keep particles of dirt and debris moving and allow these radicals to be removed from the body easier by coughing. When you smoke a pack a day for years or smoke ALOT of weed you paralize these cilia..making it harder to move these radical particles. BUT! MJ = All natural....Cigs = manipulated w chemicals. MJ dosent inscrease your risk for cancer at all....but smoking anything can increase your risk of cancer if you do it alot due to all the tar builtup and cilia paralysis...key words are ALOT of weed or ALOT of cigarettes or ALOT of both over prolonged periods of time. Some MJ smokers will doubt this but it is the truth...when you smoke in moderation like i do...you have nothing to worry about. A bowl or two once a week or once every other week wont do any harm to you at all.

17. Smoking isn't the only way to use cannabis.

I hate when people think it is. Of course the by productss of combustion(such as carbon monoxide) are harmful to your health. Cannabis itself is very safe.
    If your talking specifically about smoking, then at least mention it.

18. Everyone else is giving you facts about how its not nearly as harmful but I am just going to sum this one up with two words on how I feel about those studies you found: Michael Phelps.:hello:

19. ...this man...is a GENIUS! :eek:

+rep for that man...holy shit...

we could ALL be olympic champions if we keep smoking...DON'T YOU SEE PEOPLE? :smoking:

20. Inhaling smoke from anything is harmful.

I disagree that a joint is the same healthwise as a pack of cigarettes. The pack of cigarettes are by far worse.

If you smoke 40 joints a day, whats to stop you from getting lung cancer?
    People that smoke 2 packs a day, smoke 40 cigarettes a day.

I see no one smoking 40 joints a day for their life, and seeing what the results are like.