The fact that corporations pay less than 5% while I pay more than triple that is ridiculous

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Hamachi12, Aug 15, 2016.

1. So I made a petition about it. Closing the loopholes would be better education, parks, and it will help small business. Small business depends on the locals, and if the locals aren't spending due to economic issues, that means small business suffers. This isn't an ad or anything, but I think it'd be awesome if you signed it. It's not an ad cause it will benefit everyone. Unless you make over $250,000 a year. Then you hate me lol

President Obama: Keep to your original promise of closing corporate loopholes! | We the People: Your Voice in Our Government

2. I want the rich to be rich
    for example,
    It's the rich who go out and buy 10 million $ jets which in turn create/require hundreds of jobs In Whatever community the jet is being built
    He also pays taxes when he buys/uses the jet
    Plus the people required to maintain the jet
    Next you got safety inspectors who have a job inspecting all the jets, the guy that puts fuel in it, the control tower people, insurance people insuring the jet, even the guy that cuts the grass wherever the jet parks at

In contrast we the people have giving the government a Trillion dollars for education and infrastructure 10 years ago,what happened to all that money? I don't see any results. Why should I give them even more when they couldn't use the first trillion in a productive way
    What incentive would any small business have to grow if it will be penalized for growing into a "corporation"

Also if your paying triple of 5% that's only 15%, maybe 20%.
    That's not a lot

3. Laissez faire capitalism could only ever make sense if everybody started out with the exact same amount of wealth.

Then again, considering the brutal history of the world, a lot of the wealth in first world countries was gained as a result of conquest, war, theft, extortion, exploitation, slavery, etc. and then passed on from generation to generation, right up to this day.

When you have lots of money, you can invest that money and make even more money. You could buy off a bunch of properties if you wanted to, then sell them at a higher price.... live purely off the profit. Hence, the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer.

The poor get poorer because with poverty comes disease, which in turn cripples one's productivity, which in turn brings malnutrition and stress due to unemployment and more poverty, which in turn cripples one's health even further .... and the cycle continues, until somebody gets desperate enough to turn to crime, after which they end up in jail, where at least they can be fed and housed.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Trickle down economics has never worked.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I could have sworn you were firmly an advocate of Supply Side (aka Voodoo/trickle down)

Recent change of heart or am I misremembering?

6. What other system would you recommend? I've never experienced anything else that has benefited me

7. Most everyone I know has. And suffered when shit went down hill

8. The fact that we let them pay 5% is ridiculous.

9. corporations do not pay 5% in taxes. They pay much more than that.
    ridiculous statement.

• Like Like x 1
  10. It is the big corporations who provide the jobs that allow you to even have a paycheck. Can you not understand that when big corporations do well, the WHOLE economy does well. Punishing them by raising their corporate tax rate something that lowers their profit margin to the point that they move the business out of the country, is going to leave you high and dry without a job and, under a Clinton presidency, that tax rate you're worried about would rise up to a conservative estimate of around 60-70%. Imagine that...working hard for a whole week and then good 'ole government taking 70% of your week's pay for their freebie programs. Great idea!! I often wonder what ever happened to educators teaching real history. The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. I think it's fair to say that this administration entered the "stupidity" realm many years ago....almost 8! With people like George Sorros bankrolling BLM and the Joke in Ferguson, MO to "destabilize" this country is what they're really after....CONTROL. You better HOPE some of these people who provide a living for millions of others stay here so people like YOU can have a job. We need to be taking millions OFF welfare rolls and into JOBS and show them that you WORK for a living...not wait on a check. TWW

11. [​IMG]
    Good thing it's only a scary show huh, wouldn't ever happen in real life...

• Like Like x 1
  12. So what? I hope they can get away with 0% and wish them good luck in that.

The core principal of freedom is the only notion to obey. - Dimmu Borgir

13. Many "big business" pay their fair share of taxes. Federal government does issue tax credits but there many factors involved in it. We do need more independent companies to audit the I.R.S. To make sure they are granting tax credits to the right business.

If you don't believe me you can audit any public company.

If you want to be rich you have to start small. If you save 10% of your income and make small invests in stocks or bonds. Your wealth will grow. The new wealth you will start a small start-up company. It will be a hit and you start to slowly grow around your local network. After few more years, you decide to franchise. Next thing you know, after saving and slowly building your wealth you are rich.

Lot of people do get their money handed down to them like Donald Trump and his little loan of "1 million $$$" from his father to start his business, but their are many self made, hard worker millionaires.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  14. There is no such thing as a fair share in taxes any more than losing a fair share of your possessions during a robbery.

The core principal of freedom is the only notion to obey. - Dimmu Borgir

15. Most fledgling businesses have to take out a six or seven figure loan to get up and running. Having a great idea and a patent aren't enough. A substantial capital investment is usually a requirement to make it through the first two years. What is the difference between Trump getting a million dollar loan from his father or having to get approved by a bank? Outside of the subjective assumption he didn't have to go through a rigorous approval process with his father, he would've needed a big loan for his company regardless of where it came from.

16. Are you really asking what is the difference between getting money from your parents and getting a loan from a bank?

17. What I am saying is in order for any business to be successful, a six or seven figure capital investment is usually required. Why do you perceive his success as less worthy of recognition because his father is the one who loaned him money instead of a bank? Also, why do you assume he had an easy time getting a loan from his father? I highly doubt his father gave him a million dollar loan without Trump having to explain exactly how it would be used. If you had that kind of money, would you loan a million bucks to your kids without them telling you what they would do with it? I sure as hell wouldn't! I'd want a realistic, detailed five year plan (the standard of any successful business) before I lent them a dime.

• Like Like x 3
  18. most if not all successful millionaire/billionaire business people started with some sort of loan/seed money from somewhere.
    Trump could have easily lost that money and failed like a majority of business people.
    If I gave you a million dollars to start a business, and you turned it into billions like Trump.. you wouldn't consider that self made?
    What's the difference between a $1mil personal loan and a $1mil bank loan?

• Like Like x 2
  19. there is no difference.
    If your dad was a billionaire why would you go to the bank to get a million to start a business?
    You realize that it did not guarantee success right? Still have to work hard and manage the business or it will fail.

My first business I bought was from a family loan. I busted my ass and worked hard.. made a lot of money from it. I could have easily just sat back and failed like GW bush with his daddies oil company.

• Like Like x 1
  20. It may have not guaranteed his success but it guaranteed he wouldn't have real consequences if it failed. I understand you are biased about this because you have had a family loan but in most cases there are some real differences.. Maybe not yours.

• Like Like x 1