The Expendables Concert 2/6/10

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by fruscianterza, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Well this whole weekend, perhaps the best weekend of my life, is way too much to hold in so I decided to make this thread. Maybe some of you out there were actually at the show!

It all started waking up at 6:30 in the morning...baking out with some skunk. go to pick up two gs from my guy and he hooked it up probably close to 3 for "the trip and the concert"

Ok, so all on this trip to Orlando to see the Expendables at the House Of Blues consisted of 6 people. Me, Billy, Billy's Brother (J), J's two friends (R and K), and my friend (T). We left town at about 2:30 and started smoking up on 75. Before we know it, three and a half hours pass and we find ourselves at a Hess somewhere in Orlando. After filling up and rolling a few joints for the show, we head to the House of Blues and park the party van.

Within ten minutes, we're front and center in the middle of the pit. We had pretty good spots, and at 7:30 the first band comes out. First off, every single band that played there was fucking amazing. There was Roots Down Below, Pour Habit, Iration, Passafire, and the Expendables. Roots Down Below was fucking amazing and played a great version of Exodus. We sSoparked up the first joint right then.

There was a pit but it wasn't too bad. Just a little squished every now and then plus drunk assholes stepping all over your feet. Crowd surfing was the thing to do I guess, cause everyone was doing it. Thing that sucked, security guards. They'd take your cigarettes from you if you lit one up...

So after each band played their amazing set, the Expendables finally took the stage at around 11. A couple hits into the last joint and a secuirty guard comes up and puts it out, and pockets the bitch. What assholes! The band even told us to light up!

About an hour and ten minuets into the Expendables set, I had to get out of the pit...It was my mistake in the first place to wear sandals. So I head to the smoking balcony to have a cig when I meet some guy tripping on shrooms. Turns out he was from he same city as I was and he called me up today, just got done smoking with him.

We leave the concert, and here's perhaps the best part of the story. As we go to turn on I-4 to get back home, we see a bunch of flashing lights and we think "SOBRIETY CHECKPOINT." Turns out it was just a bad accident. So, still in concert mode, we get out of the van, blast some dre/wutang/bobmarley/expendables/everything else in the middle of the highway, and dance. At this point, theres about forty-fifty cars backed up behind us just watching us dance.

A couple chicks came up with some Mike's Hard Lemonade and decided to party with us. And with that, we decided to roll another j.
    There we are, smoking a joint on some exit off of I-4 at 2 in the morning, dancing and partying.

By 3, we made it out of the traffic accident and head over to Deny's. didn't get back in town 'till about 7 sunday morning.

Anyways, what a kickass weekend! Had to tell someone

whatsup gc:smoke:

2. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49xjEtfYuN8]YouTube - Sacrifice - The Expendables (Live at House of Blues Orlando 2-06-10)[/ame]

some videos from the concert

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXZwLkZvh2Y&feature=channel]YouTube - Bowl For Two (Live Super Jam @ House of Blues Orlando) - The Expendables w/ Several Guests[/ame]

3. oh my god i went to that show in boston on my birthday and it might be the best show ive ever been to. it was the first one i went to high and right when i got high passafire was playing ghost man and he was like lets get everyon in here jumping up and i was on the balcony and just looking down lazed on the whole crowd jumping in unison while the bassist ripped out the fattest line ever was amazing. in my opinion iration was the best band there, there set just seemed more together and choerent i guess but expendables was still sick as hell. and the singer from the first band was chilling out in the crowd the whole rest of the show which was pretty sweet

4. dude ghost man was the shit at that show!!!

yeah the roots down below singer we met after the show and talked with him..he was chill as fuck. he's like "i remember you guys from the audience."

5. sounds like a great night man. i really wish i had jsut spent the money and gone to see them in madison. i live probably 6 hours or so from there so gas and everything wouldve added up. but ive been seeing and hearing a lot about how great the tour has been. really bummed i didnt go