Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The etiquette of smoking with dealers?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Neromatic, Dec 12, 2009.

1. A little backstory might help. For the past 2 years I've been picking up from dealers that didn't smoke, usually their product was pretty hit or miss. Transactions involved a quick stop up to their apartments, maybe some light conversation, goods changing hands, and out the door.

Now, I've got a new dealer. This one smokes and his product is usually more hit than miss, and usually wants to smoke after I pick up from him. Here's where I'm a total newb. When smoking with your dealer, do you throw down for the session from your fresh sack, or is it all on him(her)? On top of that, at what point do you become that person that lingers? Dude's not really my friend per-say, just the guy that I pick up from every few weeks.

2. It all depends on the guy. I usually load no more than 2 bowls if they're not matching. Some dealers are in it for profit, and don't mind if you don't smoke. Others are in it for profit and free smoke.

My preferred exit: "Well dude, I got the munchies so I'm going to grab some food" and then leave.

3. Lol i know you situation. If im in your place, and i was only buying a little bit, id say "thx dude but i cant match (match is to pack same amount of bowl(s) as whoever is matching with you)"

If you are able to smoke, and dont mind hangin smoke some and chill. Once you get bored, or it you get bad vibes just say you gotta peace out.

But If you cant smoke then just say so and say peace. So basically just smoke if hes a cool dude and you have enough weed to match, or allow him to smoke you up.

I usually smoke people up so they can see what i have before they do anything.

4. In general I would say that you should match up. If he packs a bowl, you pack a bowl. If he wants to roll something go half and half on the herb unless he specifically said he'd smoke you up. If you ever feel like you don't want to dish out some of the nug you just bought and he wants to smoke just tell him you don't have time to smoke right now or you can't blaze for "xxxx" reason.

5. I think it's a good idea to have a healthy relationship with your dealer. If he deals in brick weed it's usually not a big deal for him to break off a chunk and smoke with you. Higher grade stuff is a different story though. If you're worried about it I would say smoke one bowl then split so he doesn't drain you. All the dealers I've ever known for kind bud typically didn't smoke right there with you, and if they did then they were getting amazing deals for their stuff. The ones that are getting great deals typically were the types that loaded phat bong hits ofr the both of you, but the trick is he doesn't want you lingering very long either. He needs to give you incentive to shop through him and he needs incentive to break the ice as well. My best friend/brother was my pot dealer for some time before we were friends, and I would buy it and smoke blunts with them. It just became ritual to smoke him up because of how many times he smoked me up. Pay attention to the give and take ratio.

6. Best thing to do is, when he offers to smoke, pull out your bag and offer to throw down. Some dealers will tell you not to worry about it. Some will have you put up a little bit. All depends on who it is and how well you know them.

In my experience if you offer to throw down on sessions with your dealer they will usually ask you to throw down less and less because they get to know you and know you are going to come back to buy more. A lot of my dealers won't let me put drops :D I'm the same way when I sell. Most people that buy from me buy small quantities. Dubs/dimebags/half eighths. So I usually tell them to save it for themselves and I smoke them up. But I'm pretty nice haha.

7. ^this too. I didn't read this at first but he makes a good point. That's how it worked with mine. Its just ritual to blaze.

8. #8 Kroovy, Dec 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2009
    I think the most important thing to remember is that dealers are people too. If they want to smoke, don't think of it as some kind of situation that it's not. Sit down and have a damn toke. If he wants you to smoke him down and has the balls to bring it up to you, then go ahead and pack a bowl and keep a mental note of it. If he passes you a pipe/bowl/whatever without saying anything, pack half and hand it back. He's a dealer man; he's got extra bud. A dealer expecting you to smoke them down is like a gas station attendant expecting you to fill up their car after you fill up your own. I mean if the dude drives out to your house or something, I could see packing the bowl a little fat because of your appreciation or somethin' along those lines. But remember that THEY depend on YOU, not the other way around. If he fucks you over or wants to be a noob dealer, for all he knows you're gonna go find another dude, or another substance, and forget about him. You're his money supply man, remember that.

Just try to hang out. Smoke a bowl/joint and head out after. Say "Alright man, I'm gonna head outta here. Thanks for the bud, I'm pretty high" blah blah. Don't make the situation something that it's not. If the guy's cool, stick around. If he wants to hang out with you or something, stick around. If the dude's not talking at all, head out after the smoke.

9. Hopefully he will be like the dealer in pineapple express and smoke a cross joint with you and talk about civil engineering.

10. This is what happens with me and my dealer (friend for a long time). He comes over and we already have ordered a 30 inch pizza. Then he weighs it out for me and usually throws in 4 grams for my 8th. He doesnt get greedy with his stuff and smokes us out until we cant smoke anymore.The pizza gets there and we munch on that while just kickin it. Then he leaves whenever he feels like it. And i sit here BLAZED.

11. I find that if you are friendly with the dealer, they hook you up fatter. If I'm buying a big sack, I think it's reasonable to go halfsies on a blunt with him. If you're buying a little sack, then throw up a bowl.

Nowadays I buy from a friend. He hooks alot of people up, and his stuff is always dank, but he never makes much money doing it. I'll usually smoke him out a couple little bowls, or throw up half a bongload, or something.

The other day he was hooking up a few people, so we all threw in on a blunt. People are usually cool about matching if you want to smoke. Or at least getting u back if you smoke them out.

12. ll my dealers are close friends of mine so we never have this probly. but if im buying from someone else then i usually only pack one bowl if there not matching or roll knife hits for us.

13. last time i smoked with a dealer my friend, him and i threw in a pinch for the blunt. its pretty customary to match somebody when smokin with them.

14. I usually roll a jay for me(and friends) and he usually rolls a jay for himself, we just sit at his blazing til whenever!:eek:

15. In my opinion, whoever asks to smoke should be the one whose weed is used. If your dealer invites you for a smoke, he shouldn't be smoking the weed he just sold you with you. If the dealer's been giving you good deals for a long time though it's only fair to smoke him up a couple times :)