Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The effects of Mary Jane on the merry brain

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Goomby, Oct 6, 2016.

1. So the results still remain hazy (pun intended) after decades of marijuana research and its effects on the brain, the developing brain, and even applications for medical use. Results and studies are often convoluted, suggesting correlation but no causation, or biased selection based on how much the guy with the PhD liked his high schooler son who was under the influence of certain illicit herbs. Certain pot studies conducted by the connasuere types show polar opposite results, with weed having little to no effect on brain development or the mature brain. However, no results appear solid or incredibly credible, being either poisoned by misinformation, negative stereotypes, bias, and propaganda, or conducted purely as if the result was supposed to be positive. What do you guys think? Would personal experience and wisdom prove otherwise? How has weed helped or harmed you as a person? I would like to know, but try not to start any huge non constructive debates. Thank you for reading!

TL,DR: You should probably go back and read it. It's as summarized as it can get.

• Like Like x 1
  2. In this day and age there is no such thing as a non-biased research for anything.

• Like Like x 1
  3. This is something ive been curious about.

I personally have been a virtually daily user for about 2 years now. I honestly can't say if it has been hindering me. I noticed some negatives such as mood shifts (ganja makes me wonder why I was even mad).

But the issue with these "negatives" is they are also symptoms of my depression and anxiety. For example sometimes smoking can put me into an anxious mind state. But, if I dig deeper behind the feeling, I was anxious about being anxious to begin with. The ganja just highlights the feeling.

I like to think it helps me through issues. Even the anxious bouts usually end up with a bit of revelation as to why my anxiety was triggered.

Plot twist, pot slowly rots your brain and we are being propagated into protesting for an herb that pushes us more into an Orwellian society.

4. I have been a spotty daily user for about 3 months, having a week break every now and then. I feel the same way you do, the only reason i ever get anxious or depressed is when I get scared of getting anxious or depressed. Interesting theory. Good food for paranoia if you have any obnoxious stoners who eat all your food/smoke all your weed without getting high. ;)

5. This is true. Most studies are done with more motives other than to just "find the answer." There are also many financial reasons to have marijuana legalized, but that is a highly unlikely motive for studies, since there are much better ways to make cash.

6. It all comes down to money and who's influence is greater at the time. Right now, Big Pharma has a corporate stronghold in the market share for drugs, incenntivising doctors to distribute pills like candy. As a result, 76 recorded overdoses go accounted for each day from prescription pill consumption. With insurance companies backing the interests of Big Pharma, the game is set in place for a one-sided argument.

With the commercialization of modern goods and services, convenience typically scales of more importance than usefulness. Despite the history of cannabis being a medical necessity, the interest of one FBI lead director, Harry J. Anslinger, changed the topic of political bias to segregate Mexican 'marijuana' and it's users from civil white society. Demonizing the cannabis plant allowed paranoid delusion to offer a gateway theory closely tied to the platform that commercials televised could allow for. Advertising, once made into king of the family TV set, drew a fantasized picture of power that remains to this day crooked to the core.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Some good info. Someone has done their homework. ;) I'm sure that factors such as racism and the political/financial benefits of launching a war on weed are good enough motives for politicians and businesses. Once the feds can benefit from it, no one really goes to question why there is such a negative stigma that comes with this mildly intoxicating herb. I wonder how many great inventions were THC influenced ideas.

• Like Like x 1