The Effect of Cannabis

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by esseff, Oct 23, 2011.

1. #1 esseff, Oct 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2011
    Cannabis always makes me feel very present. It gives me a way to access and consider ideas with an awareness and a perspective where what I see feels very real.

It helps me meditate, as well as listen to music (same thing really), and write about what matters to me when it does.

It lets me reflect on the experiences of my life, and spend time putting them into perspective, compared to how I felt when I first experienced them.

It helps me accept that the perspective afforded to me in doing this reveals a clearer, realer, way of looking at myself.

It allows me to change the way I look at myself entirely. It lets me understand that some of my previous experiences, and the conclusions I drew from them, are no longer to be considered valid. This shift in perspective lets me clearly see that they either didn't happen the way I thought they did, or the lesson has been understood.

If I like the way I feel about myself as a result of looking at the way things could've been, while I can't have the same experience again (although, on one level, imagining it differently is still doing so), I bring towards me something where that very possibility can occur.

After imagining what form that might take, I let go of the idea as best I can, so that it can appear in whatever way my higher mind feels is best suited for me to experience. When I've forgotten all about it, or am very present and least expecting it, something unexpected happens.

In that moment, as in all real moments, nothing of the ego mind is present - all I experience is awareness of my present moment and the feeling of being in it. But I might also feel, as a result of what I'm being offered, that something will profoundly change for me, and I become conscious of this choice rather than simply being able to make it. I must confirm that this is my preferred reality by making such a decision like this consciously. If I do, I reveal myself ready to take what is effectively a shift into a parallel reality. I don't change my life - I change the way I see my life, which then actually changes my life, without me needing to do anything else.

I believe in who I am more than I ever did, and everything changes to reflect that. I again remember that what I've been doing all along was developing my ability to know what my preferred reality is. Nothing changes fundamentally in who I am, or gets acquired that I didn't already have. I just recognise, harmonise with, and choose to shift into this new possibility, which is actually the most important aspect of doing this, not what that new reality actually is.

2. Have you ever tried other entheogens? If so how did they compare to cannabis? Not that it matters, I was just curious

3. I've taken several types of entheogen.

On one level, the experience feels more a question of degree than of kind, as the effects are often similar. But once you start getting into 'trip land', I wouldn't take another entheogen in the same way I might take cannabis.

4. I'm not sure if there is anything to answer or discuss lol :)

Cheers man.

5. How does cannabis effect you?

6. It makes me feel fluffy and creative.....I like doing very meticulous things...like mosaics and henna when Im high...because I get into that zone you were talking about...:smoke:

Its almost like going into a parallel world........:D

7. different physcoactive substances have effected my way of thinking hugely , weed is very good at opening the mind to different ways of thinking , since i cant mention other drugs il just say someone called dimitri ;) has also changed my way of thinking by huge amounts ,

8. Dimitri is a smart guy.

As for cannabis, I feel like its a key to unlock that treasure box in your mind of everything good. My favorite effects are it's creative aspects and its ability for introspection and self-reflection. All other effects are just perks of the treasure box. :)

9. Great thread, and also interesting/synchronistic timing, relative to me :cool:

10. Cool man :smoke: tried other entheogens as well and always love to hear how they affect peoples cognitive processes.. I know it changed mine :wave:

11. Cannabis turns me into a zombie. It makes my eyes droop and slows me down in every way.

Makes me more creative at times but honestly it rarely does.

It makes me appreciate beautiful moments, like sunsets etc... but I can do it without smoking anyway.

I still love it though but I've abused it from such a young age that its become a negative for me.

I wish it hit me like it does to you guys but I guess its not for me anymore.

12. ^Smoke a different strain or go on a Tbreak.....you just have to do that sometimes....then youll appreciate it more and have a better high...

....MJ is not for everybody though

13. I usually get high after consuming cannabis.

14. it always presents the present to me, does cannabis. it scares me sometimes though, like i just wanted to get a bit high but instead everything becomes insanely real and sometimes i'm not really ready for it. but most of the time, it affords me an invaluable insight into reality. the only reality. right now, this very moment.

15. cannabis makes me remember stuff from the old days ;)

dinosaurs_tv1.jpg

16. Do you look at it in an open-minded way, even the difficult bits?

17. always......at least what i can remember of them
    if we only remember the good parts....we have a tendency to fool ourselves....
    and begin falling into holes we dug for ourselves along the way

18. Its after I started taking T-breaks that I realised it wasn't for me

19. That's interesting.

I wonder how many people come to feel the same thing?

How long were you smoking for before the T-break became a T-permanent? What changed for you?

20. holy shit nostalgia

wasnt that the show where the baby would fuck people up and say "im the baby you gotta love me" or something?