Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The Edible of All Edibles? Finding the Hidden Gems in Piles of Overpriced Trash.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by bcballer, Jun 18, 2012.

1. I am a relatively new patient in the medical marijuana world. I have encountered a range of strengths in edibles. To make matters more confusing, many items are in the same price range, or even identical in price but seem to have VASTLY differing potency.

I am looking for the most efficient form of edible. Thus far, the chocolate candy bars have turned out to be the strongest time after time. Examples include Hubby Hash Oil and Venice Cookie Company's 4.20 bars, and also Sky Bar.

So far I have encountered 1 bar, almost identical looking in shape, size and wrapping, which turned out to be a complete dud. After trying it multiple times, I find I can nearly finish the entire bar and barely feel a thing. On the other end, if I finished an entire 4.20 bar I would be stuck to the couch for hours.

Most of the cookies and other items never did much, or not worth while as I'd have to buy like 30 brownies to match the strength of 1 of these candy bars. And this isn't cheap considering many places just seem to slap a general price on all edibles of similar size, regardless of the amount of cannabis within.

SO, I'm wondering what other people think. Do others have trouble generally feeling edibles? My cousin and others who smoke copious amounts of cannabis have never once supported an edible, saying they "never" work. After trying 1 piece (out of 6) of some of these candy bars, they appear as though its their first time trying marijuana! So I know that its about finding the right mix and method.

I thought it might be the hash oil that made the difference, but then the 4.20 bars say that each has 4.20 grams of DRIED cannabis.....so not oil.

Give me your thoughts and your favorite, and most important, most POTENT edibles sold in mass throughout dispensaries. I'm looking for advice on how to go about picking the best edibles for STRENGTH, and if you have any personal favorites and thei technical specs (grams, oil/leave, sativa/indica, etc), feel free to provide. Ideally I'd love some names of items that you vouch for--ones I can hunt down in my local dispensary.

My hope is to narrow down the most efficient (and COST EFFECTIVE) edible device and LOAD up on them! If I can't find anything better than these 4.20, Hubby or or Sky Bars, well then I guess I've already stumbled upon the best of the best!!

Thanks in advance.

2. Your care clinic should sell tinctures, 3-5 drops under the tongue and I guarantee you'll be gone for hours. As for edibles I've heard that the 420 bars as you mentioned and any edible with a high fat content will be best.