The Dream

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by GreenAngelofFreedom, Jul 9, 2013.

1. #1 GreenAngelofFreedom, Jul 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2013
    Politics in America has fallen to shambles and is just now starting to recover, but still legislation today is being blocked and bottle necked left and right by people, organizations, and corporations that have no right to do so. The many “laws” passed are a mockery of legislation. In my opinion, until you can have the entire code of law in a book that can sit a coffee table the laws are not for the people's freedoms or protection. 
    Politicians can not come together to make decisions and compromises to help our country. It is tearing apart a people that once worked together to achieve anything. Personal goals are being served above the needs of the people in politics much more then they should. This is not the way government is meant to be run. It is meant to be by the people, for the people, not one's self. 
    The only way to solve this issue is to take it from these politicians hands and present it to the ultimate preserver of human rights and freedoms, the justice system. It was created by the founding fathers to protect the people, their freedoms, and to balance the power of government. The results of current drug legislation make it so the next immediate step is the court system where the “crime” is addressed. It is time to make a change. This abysmal excuse for a “law,” created to help hidden agendas of past politicians and companies, is unconstitutional and takes away human freedoms that the founding fathers fought to preserve. The courts need to use their power to check the imbalance of our government by ruling the correct way; for our people,their rights, and their freedoms.
    I believe that narcotics laws take the freedom of free will from a person. A right recognized even by one of the most ancient and long lasting religion Judaism. To govern citizen's lives, decisions, and health takes away that basic human right of free will. The founding fathers would be disgusted to see the amazing country they helped mold and sculpt falling to a level where government does not care about the people and their freedoms. When they were able to come together to compromise and work together to prevent just this by drafting the amazing Constitution and Bill of Rights. Documents meant to guide a county so that all can live, prosper, and be free in that country; especially, after so many brave people gave their live to give us this opportunity at freedom. Government was dreamed up by the founding fathers to have one job, serve the American people. They have one job! One that they have faulted from
    I am not arguing here today only because I want to be able to use cannabis at my discretion. I am arguing for my fellow men and women in America and around the world to show that freedom can and will win. That individuals can make a difference so that freedom can be preserved and spread. That even when things seem bad they can be turned around if someone simply believes and tries. Something that the founding father's and so many after them believed in, lived for, fought for, died for, and practiced.
    People have lost faith in the American dream. (Hunter S Thompson quote on american dream.) I think we can help give that back to them and make America the home of the proud and free once more. All we need to do is triumph for human rights here today and bring this country back to its fundamentals of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness in the home of the free. Thank You.
    \nOpinions?

2. First, you give us no example of how to accomplish this. I am sure no one can argue with your premise, The system has been hijacked by corporate interests and the people have little if any representation. The one flaw with what our founding fathers designed is the system is subject to abuse. Money has become the #1 driver in corrupting the awesome system designed by the founders. The courts were designed to correct they flaws in the system but the courts also have become politicized and corrupted to a point where even our Supreme Court is a political arm of one of the two parties. The court is the brakes on a slow moving vehicle that insures change comes at a snails pace. That said, there is hope. To me the answer is in the realm of the states. State politics move and change faster than Federal. Voters in Wa. and Co. have proven that even when state legislators oppose reform, or change, a majority vote of the citizens can force this change. The answer then becomes HOW and WHO will organize state voters to force change in every state.

3.  This is perfect... deep..., true.., and just. It was as if you were describing a part of my life.. as weird as it may sound.

We need this.. it is medicine that can and will heal everyone

4. Connecticut will

5. I didn't really think an example was needed. Anyone just has to speak up and get the people willing to support and represent them into government. When people know and use the system to support what they believe in, it works. We just need to support those that believe in a better America filled with freedom. Its a dream I want to see and something I'm going to fight for. 
    For government to change the people need to get involved in their lives again. They need to focus on what they support and believe so that they can succeed. The government is supposed to be there to help the success of it's people and represent them. If people keep on letting politicians represent corporations and run government for them then the people's freedoms will be gone. Corporations are not people and do not govern people. People are supposed to work together to achieve what they need. In my whole life I've never seen anything work better than teamwork. The government needs a better team. A team of people supported by THE PEOPLE for the team so that we may succeed as a team.
    I could go on much longer for politics and probably be clearer but that would be a new thread. The WHO and HOW are simple. WHO is anyone, hell even you. HOW is a plan that works. Freedom to make your own god damn choice. Don't come crying to mommy when you can't deal with the consequences. Your life. Your responsibility. Deal with it. Freedom didn't come without pain.

6. So then the key is finding a mutual ground that may unite a fractured public. This is where I struggle. This country has many issues that require attention and it seems to me politicians along with the corporate media skillfully use these divisive issues to keep the people from uniting. In all honesty as passionate as I am regarding legalization, I am well aware it is quite low on the list of concerns of the average voter...particularily on the Federal level. This is why I continue to repeat the importance of bringing legalization to the state level. The state level is much more approachable. State politicians are less isolated/insulated from the wrath of the voting public and are much quicker to change their tune when their cushy jobs become in jeopardy. This along with the fact that conservative/tea party basic belief is in the power of individual states to determine their own destiny. Regardless of the "family values/religous" influence in this sector of the Republican party that would typically oppose changes,they are "locked in" to having to accept the will of state voters even when they are totally opposed to any particular result. Therefore they are forced by their own belief system to accept the will of the voters and change takes place much faster.