The Doing Drugs=Terrorism Ads....

Discussion in 'General' started by ChroNick, Jul 16, 2003.

1. Hey-
    This might have already been posted, but either way I recommend you check out this article about those commercials that try to link pot to terrorism.
    Go to: http://www.pickyourpoison.net/YouIdiot_2/DidntYouHear.htm

Quote from it: “Okeeee. Now, obviously, if we apply the same logic, we can show a commercial of a guy eating thanksgiving dinner, yawning, falling off his chair where he lands on and crushes his infant daughter, and say ‘Turkey can make you sleepy. Harmless? Facts: the anti-poultry'”

2. Hehe...

My favorite anti-weed ad is a tie between the one where the car hits the little girl on a bike or the one where the kid shoots his friend...

"If you smoke weed, you will kill a child..."
    :p:p:p

This ad isn't an anti-weed ad, but it's by far my favorite anti-anything ad...
    It's this commercial where this guy wearing all sorts of metal starts climbing up a flag pole in the middle of a lightning storm...
    Then some girl's voice comes on and says "Is smoking any stupider???"

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Hmm...
    Let's see...
    I think it's alot smarter...
    So perhaps I should start smoking 3 packs a day so I don't have the urge to climp up flag poles in my tin foil jumpsuit during a lighting storm...
    :smoke:

3. Marijuana killed my father, and raped my mother.

4. OMG I LUV THE ONE WHERE THE GUY IS IN THE BASEMENT SMOKING AND HIS LITTLE BROTHER COMES DOWN AND SAID HE NEVER DID ANYTHING WITH HIS LIFE..... FUCKIN DUMB ASS COMMERCIALS! THEY PISS ME OFF SO FUCKING MUCH! FUCK! THE REASON ALOT OF SOCIETY HATES MARIJUANA IS BECAUSE ALL THEY SEE IS THE FAKE BAD THINGS ON TV COMMERCIALS ABOUT IT! FUCK!

5. Hehehe...
    Now those were cool...

ESPECIALLY that one with Rachael Leigh Cook, Where she BEATS THE SHIT OUT OF AN EGG WITH A FRYING PAN!!!
    BWAHAHAHA!!!
    Damn sexy...
    http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1998/07/09/clinton.drug/mov/drug.ad1.mov

She's welcome in my kitchen, anyday...
    :D

I think the Just Say No campaign was a million times better than the bullshit they show now...
    Not only was it focused more on some of the more hardcore stuff, but it held alot more relevance to the subject as oppossed to "Smoke weed and you will be raped..." or "Smoke weed and you will accidentally kill someone..."

6. You know, if I thought I could get away with it I would be the older brother from the commercial where he just does nothing. Too bad my parents wouldn't just pay for a place for me to live and good and stuff so I didn't really have to work or anything. If I could get away with it I'd just sit around and smoke and deal. I just can't take that chance, tho.

7. Hahaha...that website is hilarious

"This whole time, I thought my pot-growing friends were funneling their profits into food and rent! Guess they've got some explaining to do! Fucking terrorists"

ROFL

8. ...???

how much of the weed we buy are we really expected to believe comes from bin laden and the likes?

ill garauntee 99% of the weed i smoke is grown within 10 hours of me, most within an hour.

i dont think any of those guys are terrorists either. adds need to make sense in order to have an effect on children. they are more easily confused by adults.

if a commercial about weed can make them sketch and think "woah what the fucks goin on man" then im sure theyll love the real thing ;)

9. The sad truth is they don't...
    The idea is to say what's most appealing to the largest amount of people possible...
    These ads don't need to make any sense at all as long as it gets people to believe the them...
    And this is done by exploiting the confusion and misunderstandings of recent events...

Children are are very easily influenced because there is much they do not understand at their young age...

Done correctly, the campaign "Fight terrorism, don't play with elephants" could be just as successful...
    Does it make sense???
    No...
    But monkey farts sometimes smell like purple kittens...

10. "they will be the yougnest grandparents in town"

- holy shit pot makes you go out and bang chicks???!!! damn i must be doing something wrong seeing as i never get laid!

11. I know what you mean ugeman. If smoking would get me laid, I'd do it even more. I guess several times a day just isn't enough.

12. I love the one where the friend shoots the other kid. Its amazing, I have guns, and I don't point them at other people, stoned or not stoned.

13. yeah, i like that one too:D. it would have been funnier if the kid killed himself too:p

14. the funny thing is, i'd prolly be less likely to shoot my friend cuz i was stoned, whereas when i'm sober i have a temper as short as john bobbit's piece.

15. The one where the little girl gets run over is definitely the funniest.

And im pretty sure my dealer isnt funding osama lol.

16. Okay... the gun and pot one isn't really anti-pot... it's anti-gun. At least it'd make more sense if it was anti-gun. But anyway...

The last of the "Norm & Nick" series went like this:

Norm: This drugs and terror thing. I mean, it's a very complicated issue.
    Nick: A complicated issue?
    Norm: Complicated.... very complicated.
    Nick: No drug buyers, no drug money. No drug money, no drug dealers. No drug dealers, no drug murders, shootings, bribery, corruption.
    Norm: Not that complicated.

This would actually be more true if the script read like this:

Norm: This drugs and terror thing. I mean, it's a very complicated issue.
    Nick: A complicated issue?
    Norm: Complicated.... very complicated.
    Nick: No drug prohibition, no drug dealers. No drug dealers, no drug murders, shootings, bribery, corruption.
    Norm: Not that complicated.

Damn! Someone needs to fund that commercial!

17. yar i love when you paint, damn you