Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The difference between Organic and Conventional

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by skurfy007, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Just how much better in comparison is it for you?

is it like comparing a corvette to an impala? OR a benz to a toyota

you know what im trying to stab at, How do you see the difference?

Is the high that much better?

2. Im sure most smokers dont realize or even care to know how their weed is grown.
    They just grab and smoke.

Of course almost always its okay, indoor hydro can look and be great.

But any true cannesuir knows the difference between hydro and organics, preferably outdoor organic.

YES! Organic is the beezneez! I smoke(preferably) and grow organic!

The bud is just amazing, even compared to pretty crystal covered hydro bud.

No comparison. But i love all weed, so what the hey =)

3. agreed! ^
    if i really need to medicate tho, ill go find some weed from some dealer i know. Mostly get it from my best friend/room mate or his friend or cousin, who also happens to be our room mate.

4. I need just add: GOD I FUCKEN LOVE ORGANIC BUD!

You havent smoked good bud until youve smoked organic grown with love. Good game.

5. for me, i honestly don't care if its grown with organic or synthetic nutrients. as long as the plant has a nice clean 1-2 week flush before harvest, its going to rid of the nutrients in the medium anyways. also, it needs to have a nice cure. most growers put a ton of effort into their grow, but none into the drying and slow cure, and if they did, their product would be so much better

i have picked up organically grown meds before on occasion, and i really can't tell much of a difference in taste/quality between the organic version, and the regular version of the strain dispensaries have, but the non organic versions are usually slightly more potent from my experiences

and if it tells you anything, im using advanced nutrients with is not organic for my current grow ;) but, im gonna give them a nice flush and slow cure

6. I've smoked a lot of good buds and the ones that always stick out with the best highs and taste has been properly grown outdoor, its a whole different animal :)

7. Organic ftwwwww

You rather your energy from the Sun, or some light bulbs???
    Your food from the Earth, or from artificial sources?
    Your air from fans or the natural, orgasmic wind?

Yea, pretty sure our wife feels the same way :hello:

8. #8 skurfy007, Jul 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2010
    sometimes bud can absolutely detest me with how ill grown it is..i recently water cured some shit and the water was full of ferts...very acrid taste but as soon as i did that 100x better

im sure that with organics, each hit gets you that much higher, no burning out...

9. not true at all with organics, it doesn't get you any higher than stuff grown with non organic fertilizers, the only factor sometimes is usually the grower who does stuff organically has had more experience with growing, and that could give you a nicer product, but, im willing to bet an experienced grower, side by side, same size clones off the same plant, that the one using all fertilizers and supplements would outgrow in size of the plant, as well as product more flowers, and denser flowers

when you properly flush before harvest, ALL of your nutrients, organic or synthetic will be gone from your plants

10. I'm kinda split on this one. Most of the weed I smoke is grown indoors and not organic. A few months ago, my friend got a large amount of organically grown outdoor weed from Colorado. I smoked this for a few weeks and was definitely able to tell a difference. The taste was so much better and smooth, the only downside was I didn't really enjoy the high as much. It didn't seem to be as potent as the hydroponically grown indoor weed I'm used to. It was the only organic weed I've smoked so far, so I can't speak for all organic weed.

11. kind of split, hydro's turn around time from a growing perspective is unmatchable... definitely agree with sixer though, If a proper 1-2 week h20 flush (depending on strain traits) is followed at the end of your grow, than an ample curing time allowed, it truly doesn't matter if its natural neut's or synthetics, it won't have tainted the colas one bit.

for me: organics seem to have a more subtle earthy taste/high to them vs my beefed up advanced neut resinous calyxs always seem to be more attention drawing and mind boggling... nothing sells itself as weel as trichome invaded fan leafs dripping with resin onto the floor.

In my opinion, it's just that. A personal opinion, your best bet is to try out the different types/styles of bud grown around vast areas, you'll be amazed at the differences in strains just based on regions & techniques.

Organics is amazing because your plant is surviving on neuts that are provided by and only by mother earth, worm castings, organic mulch's + composting, it truly brings a different satisfaction to the grower.

I feel that somewhere in between is where i am today, im using a chem/organic mix including flora nova + organics, and my yield is utturly amazing.

cheers to all you prop 215 patients out there, i'm toking this c99 for you all!

12. #12 skurfy007, Jul 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2010
    As with all organic matter . You are smoking a plant Created synthetically if you use chem will and its composed of inorganic materials ,hence i find a harshness created in this fact.

I think organic bud would be more thc dense as theres less inbetween bullshit molecules of salts and minerals,

And for some reason it just always seems to Melt away in my bowl with no res buildup.. it would take a long while.. its just much cleaner

And when you think about it the plant has more of a chance to produce more of the other 433 something cannabinoids when grown organic