The Diet is going well!

Discussion in 'General' started by Oddyball, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Hey blades, I replaced my fast food and what not that I was eating back home with a bowl of oatmeal in the morning, a lean cuisine at lunch (250 cal)with bread. And fish, boiled or grilled chicken or turkey with veigies at dinner. Plus I've been eating fruit and drinking a lot of water. Cut out soda and sweets, and damn - 2 weeks I'm already shedding pounds. Plus I've been getting up in the morning and exercising. It's amazing. I suggest this simple diet plan to anyone.

Oh yeah, I cut back on the salt, no butter, no mayo, and I just dip my chicken in mustard. Season everything with pepper - it's really easy!

2. What's your target weight?

3. Within a year, I hope to be at 175-180

4. You should be eating a bit more than that. Don't be ashamed to throw in some more calories from fruit or veggies throughout the day. Keep running on low amounts of food and you'll hit a plateau, or at the worst fail and quit your dieting attempts

Throw some healthy fat in there at some point too (olive oil). Keeps your body guessing

5. good work, keep at it. ive been slacking a bit on the excersicing myself...but at least i still am eating right.

6. man i wish i could quit fast food. i'm kinda hovering around the overweight normal weight bmi by like a hair so i should be a bit careful i guess. maybe lose 10 pounds or something. good luck with the diet btw.

7. got any ideas to gain weight? no matter what i do i cant gain any weight.

6 foot 2, 165

8. 6'2", 165 is what I am before rugby conditioning. All I do is up my protein shake intake. I like Muscle Milk because it tastes really good, and has a decent amount of fat and carbs. Other than that, up the carbs and eat like a horse. It'll happen. But keep up with your workouts so you don't get fat...as soon as rugby season is over I cut back big time

9. To the OP. Im guessing you weigh at least 250?
    any ways SINCE you are a dude I'm also guessing you should up the cals to 2k-2.5k a day, but make it all healthy food.
    Make sure you exercise atleast 5 times a week.
    Btw if you can I would also suggest running 5+ miles atleast 3-5 times a week also.

10. welcome back.

how's your grandma's house?

11. Hey good job! I was in your position a few years ago! I was at 225 and ~ 36% BF, I'm at 165 and ~11% right now. Just keep it up! Feeling great and having that self satisfaction can't be substituted by anything else in this world!

Sounds like you got your diet in check, and know what you're doing! The hardest part for me was eating six smaller meals a day even when I wasn't hungry! Oh and the pop! I hated giving up that sweet coke, but I found that Nestea sweetened with splenda tastes almost exactly like the original stuff! I found Light mayo to actually be quite good, why are you cutting it out? You can find some light mayo with unsaturated fatty acids in it (omega 3,6,9).

Check out The Daily Plate too! I used it throughout my "transformation" and still do to this day! It a sort of journal which allows you to see the breakdown of all macro and micro nutrients you're ingesting, and displays statistics of total calories for every meal which you can adjust to see weekly, monthly, yearly etc. It also has a workout log which lets you put in the time and type of exercise you do and will calculate the approximate calories burnt. It's a great tool that I recommend to anyone wanting to improve their lifestyle, and is definately a boon for anyone to use.

Best of luck on your continued success!

12. Wow bro, thanks a lot!!

To the blade up above, I fear uping my cal intake. I mean, I guess if they're healthy foods, then it can't hurt. Yeah thats a good idea. I'm going to run a lot more, just building up to it. I'm not 250, I'm about 220 right now. I just... I have that small flab of belly fat around my mid section. In the army I dropped from a 42 waiste to a 36 which is what I'm still at, I just need to trim some of the fat around my belly lol. I'm not obese, I'm actually quite decent looking, I just... I have issues with my weight. Even though I'm not super fat.

13. That sounds great I love grilling because it is healthy.If you want more recipes or if you want to take a look at the collection of tips I have for grilling you can visit www.cookingandgrillinoutdoors.com

14. good shit oddy!!!

i started a while ago and managed to shed 40 lbs, but ive hit a plateu (165-170lbs) because i really havent been excersising much at all, but my diet is still pretty good.

hopefully soon ill get back on track and catch up to you! maybe beat you :p

i started at 220 lbs too btw, but i was mostly fat, i assume you have some muscle mass from being in the army..
    i do now, but certainly didnt then...

15. Glad to hear its going well man. Drinking lots of water will really help you lose weight fast.

I would suggest unrefined sea salt for salt man, its completely healthy (not like that nasty refined shit) and it tastes like salt with a bit more bite to it. I use sea salt and its just as good! You can use it for anything hehe.

16. Congrats and great work!

I try to eat healthy and stay in shape because when I'm not eating meat I feel more energetic and happy.

"I don't eat no meat, no dairy, no sweets
    only ripe vegetables, fresh fruit and whole wheat
    I'm from the old school, my household smell like soul food, bro
    curried falafel, barbecued tofu
    no fish though, no candy bars, no cigarettes
    only ganja and fresh-squeezed juice from oranges
    exercising daily to stay healthy
    and I rarely drink water out the tap, cause it's filthy
    "

"Be Healthy" - Dead Prez