The Desert's Hottest Grow: Nirvana's White Widow x 4

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by WhiteDesertBoy1, May 19, 2010.

1. For sure the LBH way. It looks pretty legit, I just hope I can duplicate it properly ^^
    Updates and pics tonight

2. yeah son the LBH method is soooo simple just don't go nuts na mean?

:smoking:yay updates are good.

3. DAY 24
    So my roommate went into the grow closet and knocked my light down when he bumped into it. There were no casualties but one of the lil girls looks like she got hit by the ugly stick :( On top of that I have a little nute burn on some of the lower leaves.
    Otherwise, I topped them all last night and they recovered nicely from that. I will be LST tying them down as soon as they grow out their new tops. Gave them all some water with some BB in it, but decided to leave out the GB so they can recover from the minor burn. They were sure thirsty, my roomie put the light a lil too close when he fixed it and they were a bit crispy. I am hoping for a speedy recovery :hello: Got some pics, the 4th one is of the one that got hit by the light, and the last pic is of some of the burnage.

Attached Files:

4. DAY 27
    Well, I think I waited too long to do the 4-way LST, so I decided to just go for a customized lst for the time being. :D Tied those mofos down and gave them a good dose of water and nutes. I am currently on a 20-4 light schedule, anyone have any opinions on whether they like 24-0 or 20-4 better during veg?

Attached Files:

5. DAY 31
    Decided to take a little nute break and just gave them straight water. They sure grew a lot after their first tie down. I have decided to go with a spiral LST, so I did my 2nd tie down. They are starting to give off a nice almost spicy pine aroma, but not enough to go outside the grow room yet. Anyone who has made their own carbon filters think that they are sufficient enough? especially for 4 plants? Anyways, GO U.S. time to kick some World Cup ass tomorrow :cool:

Got a couple pics of how I found them after their first tie down, nice explosive growth. The last pic is one of the ladies with her 2nd tie down to start that spiral.

Attached Files:

6. :D looking good man, nice and healthy and they seem to get bushier every time you update! the GB is some potent stuff man but it works great. BB is a great nute in the sense you can't really over do it, i mean unless you don;t know what your doing.....
    anyways looks like things are going along pretty smooth ill keep posted in :smoke:

7. plants looking nice and healthy dude. Cant believe you were able to put them right into the FFOF and then started giving them nutes so early and had such little burn.

I put some seedlings in FFOF and they fried up like bacon on a sunday morning round here.
    Must be the strain though. Some can take it better than others.

tuned in.

8. Every time I walk into the grow room I am surprised at how much they have grown. Yea I am being more careful about the GB. I dont even know what plant could withstand a full dose of that hah:D

Yea man I have gotten lucky. I won't be able to do that next grow since I will be growing multiple strains. What strain did you burn up with the FFOF?

Think I am going to give the widows until Sunday before I do my 3rd tie down, and then it will be time for another nute feeding. Pictures to follow on Sunday!:smoke: keep it real GC

9. :cool: yeah if there was a strain that could take the full dose i would buy it though if you know what i mean, shit worksss:D:p

I want to get some Humbolt nutes :smoke:

anyways keep the updates coming ;)

10. Looking good! I'll be chopping down 9 of those this time next Friday night. All of mine are topped above the 6th leaf set.

:wave:

11. I burned up some Jamaican sativa's I am growing. most survived as they were not all in FFOF. I also crisped up my blue hash when she was a tot. but now she is very healthy and into week 4 of bud. grow and learn. and then smoke. :smoke:

12. Everything is looking good man FFOF is good stuff, I have never burned anything with it so there had to be some other factor going on with it.

13. genetics. some are more sensitive than others

14. I hear good things about Humbolt. Maybe my next grow I will invest in some of that. Maybe even do a side by side. My hydro store just picked up the Snowstorm nute by Humbolt so at least they are on board :smoking:

Nice man, be sure to take some pics. I would love to see your work.

Ah thats a shame... at least it wasnt a total disaster. I am going to be extra careful with future grows because of your cautionary tale :D

Yea... just as Nugg said, all depends on genetics. I pretty much played a game of russian roulette with my widows haha.

DAY 34
    Everything is looking good in my grow. Alot of new budsites emerged, so like any educated grower (all of which I have learned from this site) I topped all my new growth so that it will multiply :cool: I didnt have enough growth to keep my circular tie down going, but I am hoping by wednesday I will be on for my 3rd tie down. Gave them all a good watering with some GB and BB in it. I checked my runoff pH and it was in the 5.5 to 6.0 range, so I am thinking of giving them their first flush soon. Any input from what I have stated or from the pics is welcome :hello:
    Shoutout: FIFA refs suck!

Attached Files:

15. What exactly does that tying down do to the plant? Is there a thread explaining this method?

16. The link Nugg put up is where I started learning about LST and tie downs. I found another thread that explained a spiral LST and thats what I am doing. A quick answer to your question is that tying down opens up more bud sites on a plant.

17. Thanks for stopping by! Always fun to check out a fellow Widow growers set up:smoke:

DAY 38
    So while I was out of town my MH light burned out. Luckily my roommate was keeping an eye on my grow and I had him put on my HPS light. :eek: Anyway, Ive decided to start flowering in about a week. I gotta get this grow done by early September (moving issues). I gave the ladies a flush because some of the lower leaves were pretty well burned, so that should even out pretty soon. Otherwise, everything is just average for the time being with those couple of set backs.
    I just took a quick couple of pics. Looks like I caught the girls without their make up on :D Next time I will turn off the HPS for better lighting for the pics. Peace GC

Attached Files:

18. DAY 41

Looks like everything is back on track in the Desert grow room! The flush seems to have worked its magic and the widows seemed much more lively. Today I gave them a good dose of nutes and they were thirsty enough to take about 1/2 gallon each of water. I also topped quite a few sites and should be exploding with alot more by next week. I plan on going 12/12 next Sunday so that I can get these fireworks going :smoke:
    Sidenote: Darn you Ghana!:(
    Took some pics with the HPS off. These pics are before I topped them.

Attached Files: