The Degradation of the Music Industry.

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by IMAEREHW, Feb 14, 2011.

1. I don't think it needs any explanation, I would hope most of you are aware of the turn for the worse most record labels/artists are taking. WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?

http://www.youtube.com/embed/lgWgEoaAYDY

http://www.youtube.com/embed/UePtoxDhJSw

The car that has a "black stripe, yellow paint", doesn't even have a black stripe on it in the music video. :confused: Where is this car he's talking about? I mean the song is bad, but if you have the money you say you do, at least do something about making your lyrics match up with your music video.

And I can tolerate Lil Wayne, but whats with this young money bullshit? Music is all about the money now?

And this isn't just about rap. There are a lot of shitty rock/alternative songs that are coming out too. Just one example:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/c2Fnet0y9Ts

Don't even get me started on Bieber, Gaga, Cyrus, etc.

Am I the only one who feels this way? I'm not trying to hate on people's choice in music, but when I hear this shit... well I would rather hear nails on a blackboard for an hour while in a room full of babies being tortured by pubescent opera singers.

2. #2 Psilocin420, Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2011
    Yea Ive been aware, Its been happening for years now man. I dont watch MTV or VH1 or any music channell, and I dont listen to the radio. Lol, I dont even watch TV. I do watch south park and a few others, but I own seasons.

3. #3 IMAEREHW, Feb 14, 2011
    It just seems like in the past few years its been getting to a point where there is more worthless music than there is music worth listening to.

4. Yea it sucks but theres still great music out there if you can find it. Its mostly the mainstream stuff that sucks. I feel bad for the people in the newer generations that havnt had the chance to see some of this great music. Most kids I know are only exposed to radio and looking up "musicians" that they like based off of this. The big problem is that music is no longer about talent and being passionate about it, its about appealing to a wide audience to make a profit.

5. It's not that music sucks. It's that mainstream music has always sucked. You gotta dig through the crates, skim ALL the genres and sift out the garbage.

There is a pound of good music for every ton of shitty sounds.

It's obvious WHY music is pumped out without soul and heart; it's easier to control the puppet either making, or imitating the music. The music industry is meant to make money and the bigwigs running the show are basically telling everyone what to listen to and what is cool.
    Brainwashed kiddies being told what to enjoy and shown what type of image to live up to. Unfortunately the majority of what's projected to us through the mainstream sources are meant to make us feel the wrong things are right. I think music and general life are so intertwined with each other, and call me nuts but isn't the world crazy right now? And as you mention everything being played is garbage.

The way I look perceive the ''degradation of the music industry'' is to believe that our bond of great music amongst the few who appreciate it is stronger. The masses are the asses, I take great pride in what I listen to and I take equal pride not being subdued by the cr4p everyone else seems to enjoy

Music needs meaning, message, heart and soul. It's easier to mold profits without these ingredients so a lot of great music gets lost and never discovered...just search!!!

6. We can only blame ourselves.. none of this music is forced upon us. If Lil Wayne releases a new song tomorrow and nobody listens to it, you really think his label would keep him?

Its not the degradation of the industry, its the degradation of the human race to a level where being popular is EVERYTHING. Mainstream as we know it thrives on this, it is the supply to our demand to like what makes us cool.

How many people do you think actually like Lil Wayne, and how many just know that thats what all the 'cool kids' listen to when they're out drinking and getting laid. Maybe if I listen to Lil Wayne I'll get laid?

Fuck that. Keep independent and god dammit, keep underground.

7. Hey guys. I was just wondering if you all knew about water and how it is effecting people. You cant breathe in it, and if you are underwater for too long you die!?!? what the fuck is going on?!?!

8. Watch all 10 parts, if it doesn't inspire you to do more research and subsequently boycott a large amount of music artists, you either don't know or care about the severity of selling your soul for fame, or you really enjoy the music and don't focus on the hidden messages and double entendres that NECESSARILY ARE pointing people towards negative lifestyles. I for one can't stand most shit now, just because I know that if they artist didn't make a single deal they wouldn't be as famous and overhyped as they are today. Good music is harder and harder to find. The fuckin grammies don't help either, they are actively phasing talent out of the music industry

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DikoLMfnEgE]YouTube - THE MUSIC INDUSTRY EXPOSED - References (Part 1/11)[/ame]

9. Sorry for double posting but this is a serious matter, and I for one find your lighthearted approach at a joke as fucking reprehensible. You obviously don't know depth of whats at stake here.

The public tap water has a common rat poison added to it. Drink whatever the fuck you want bro. I actually encourage you to drink the tap water, most people I don't. If your gonna follow the sheeple might as well flock though

10. thats hot!

11. While I agree with what you said, and about 90% of the thread, I just gotta comment on Lil Wayne. I'm probably older than a lot of people on this board, but I like Lil Wayne and I don't listen to ANY mainstream music. I think the guy is pretty damn clever and has some interesting thoughts on things. I'm not about to go see him live or anything, but I do think he's better than most when it comes to mainstream.

Other than though, I agree with most other people. There is really great music out there. Join a message board of a genre you like and you will get flooded with new suggestions. I find new music everyday.

12. #13 taco22, Feb 14, 2011
    I am fucking appalled that this is even being discussed. i thought it was common sense that radio artist suck ass. so bringing them up only makes them more famous, but sadly idiots like the op will never realize that.

name calling is not tolerated here /pawlywog

13. AHAHAHAHAHAH! Perfect for this thread. +rep good sir

14. fuck the music industry. im glad its dead.

the music industry has ALWAYS been about the money. the industry chooses who they want to be popular, they give them an album, a team of producers, and youre selling millions of shitty records to dumb teenybopper.

15. I would have to disagree here.
    Mainstream music has been really great in the past.
    So many artists I don't care to name them all were mainstream.
    Mainstream music has gotten worse, the music industry is the basically the same.

16. You can become mainstream from your own talent, but once you get to a certain level of fame (read as a certain level of pull and influence to the masses) you WILL be approached to either change certain parts of your music, or restrict you from saying certain things. Fuck the major music record labels they don't let artists actually do what they are supposed to do, create their own music.

17. the idea of making a living off of music is just terrible. music is for fun. jobs are for money. im not saying its a bad thing to make money from it, but if its your primary goal, your music is going to suck. because if youre trying to make money, youre going for mass appeal. and the masses are fucking retarded.

18. Unless you tour all year to please your fans. If you make money off of music videos and commericials, well I consider them celebrities more than musicians. All the good bands and artists live well enough off of what they get. To be honest I kind of feel that those without fame who want it don't deserve it, and those with fame who do deserve it, don't want it. With differences in every case, but money and fame are corrupting entities

19. I like this post a lot, particularly the bold portion.

Well said.