The Death Penalty

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Blix, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Putting aside the arguements for or against the death penalty, how should it be
    carried out?

Do the states have an obligation to make it as easy and painless as possible for
    the prisoner, or should it basically amount to torture?

Sometimes in Iran, if the crime warrants it, they whip you before they hang you.
    We don't do that over here, but the Supreme Court is going to consider whether
    lethal injection is cruel and unusual punishment. More specifically whether
    Pancuronium Bromide when injected causes undue suffering in the prisoner
    before death. One woman described it as feeling like she had been injected with
    burning jet fuel.

Anyway, your thoughts?

2. I'm the first one to vote pro-painful death eh?

Well, I personally think executions should be held in public display, broadcast on pay per view, the front row of the audience will have to wear parka's and have a plastic shield like they are at a gallagher show.

Fuck rapists and pedophiles, showing their slow tortured demise on public airwaves might curb some of these sick fucks from acting on their perverted urges.

3. i think the punishment should fit the crime.

line em up. . .

4. Why should we pay for them to live, it costs a LOT of money to keep them alive, a lot more than you think most likely. Shoot them in the face.

5. I vote to enstate the public firing squad again. Slightly humane and entertaining :D

6. i think life in prison is worse than death now days, therefore i go with no death penalty but if we could do it up right i say damn straight, give em whatever they did or worse. if they are a child molester have em assraped by some guy named bubba and killed accordingly.

7. If it has to be done, it should be done humanely...if not, you are no better than the rapist/murderer IMO.

8. I'm all for fuckin killing these people in the worst way but has anyone thought about how shitty our justice system is? I mean think about all the cases that were overturned because of DNA and how stupid a "group of your peers" really is. I just think before we go torturing these guys to death we gotta figure out a better way of figuring out if they did it or not because right now our justice system is way too messed up to be carrying out stuff like this.... with that said if theres proof without a doubt that someones guilty I think they should be given whatever they did wrong ten fold. So if what i did wrong was smoke Pot I should be given 10 times the amount I smoked and if i killed someone with a gunshot i should be shot as many times as you can shoot me before i die....:D victimless crimes are retarded

9. I think there should be a different form of capital punishment. I believe the family should be able to exact revenge. If a man breaks into your house and kidnaps your daughter, later raping and killing her, he should have a fair trial to go over the evidence to prove he's guilty. If found guilty, the family should all undergo mental evaluations and the man should be brought before them for the family to kill him however they please.

I think in doing this, the family can avenge their family, rather than having the man rot in a cell or having a needle stuck in his arm for a quick death.

10. Death penalties are bullshit. Many people make dumb mistakes as young adults. Once they grow and mature and become truely sorry for their actions they should be let free. Killing one man does not condone killing another. In this poll I voted humane killings because once we steep to their level we are no better than them. By killing humanely we at least show decency.

11. Maybe I'm just crazy, but I've always imagined a way of carrying out the death sentence for the worst offenders (terrorists,assassins, etc..not your everyday murderer/rapist)...Tie em up, make shallow cuts all over, and cut their femoral artery and let em bleed out...slow, painful, and deadly :)

12. Well firstly, Whose decision should it be to decide to lives and dies? If we put someone to death who has killed someone else, are we any better than them? I dont know man, its a crazy shaky street from my view.

13. Like someone said, it costs alot of money to keep someone in jail...

But it costs just as much if not more to process someone through the legal system and put them on death row... so as far as which is more economical... they're probably around the same

as far as my stance... an eye for an eye is what i always say... but not quite, i dont think i a rapist should be raped etc etc, but you get the point. Some people are just sick people and have no business living in a civilized enviornment. Only issue i have with the death penalty is innocent people get processed and killed (think Green Mile)

14. I think killers sould be killed the way the killed the victims, And no sitting in jail for 30 years eating up tax payer money before if they are guilty take them out back and finish them off.

15. I think George Carlin said that... first. At any rate, there are people who have been killed who weren't guilty of the crime against them. So making it a public "event" after he turns out to be innocent... I don't think people would be able to live with that if they actually saw it. "So he was innocent, that kinda sucks that we drilled holes into his knee caps before we set him on fire".