The Dead are mandatory for all stoners

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by aaaaa8, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Ive never really been to much into the dead except for american beauty. but after coming back from san francisco this summer i slowly started getting more into them. I just downloaded a shit load of their albums from torrents and they rock so hard.

My favorite albums have to be workinmans dead, american beauty, live/dead, 9-20-70 is probally my favorite live show

whats everyones favorite dead album?

2. I'm not sure what my favorite album would be... I usually just put all of them on shuffle in my car.

For a while when I was really into blow, I had their greatest hits CD playing almost non-stop in my car. That album always reminds me of cocaine now. :p

3. any dead studio album doesn't compare to the energy and the improvisation from the live shows. the dead were the wheel that started the jam band scene rolling and are the mothers of what it's become today (along with other legends).

Like the post above, I usually have a mixture of shows and studio on shuffle to jam to, www.archive.org has more than you need to stream an unlimited amount of shows while you're doing busy work on the compooter.

4. probably workingmans dead, terapin station, and aoxomaxa.

5. probably Aoxomoxoa. That cd is only good music...as for live...i'd saaaay Fillmore East 2-11-69

6. i love the dead, i just downloaded a torrent of like 16 albums. 17 hours of music. listened to it all day yesterday and i didnt finish. listening to jimi now, 18 album torrent of him. im so happy:hello::hello:

7. I don't like the them I like hip-hop.

8. Lol anyone PM me a link to one of those torrents?
    Pleaaase?
    =D

9. Torrent downloads FTW lol

The Grateful dead are awesome, I was raised on them. Both my parents love them as well as many other members of my family :)

10. ok, sent

11. Grateful Dead's live shit is amazing. I'm a huge dead fan. i wanted to go see phil lesh and friends but couldnt get a ticket.

12. Dick's Picks Volume 6

Not their peak years, but Scarlet Begonias > Fire on the Mountain > Estimated Prophet > Eyes of the World. Come on.

13. Just an FYI, mention of torrents or PMing members the link to torrents is against the forum rules. Thanks.

14. im not saying this is a dumb rule and ill remember next time, but just wondering why is it a rule